Much In Need of Advice ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLW

Sep 21, 2009
Michigan
Here's the back story...I received my 510 about a month ago now, and had some trouble getting used to it. I've finally decided to go with the drip method for now just because it seems less complicated. Anyway I had been trying the 510 here and there but still smoking analogs, when BAM, I got a bad case of pnumonia & strep which landed me in the hospital for a week. I've been home now for a week, on oxygen, and have this bottle of "menthol" juice which just isn't doing it for me! Because of all the drugs I'm on, I have been only fumbling along with this e-cigarette stuff and my brain just doesn't seem to be working right...but I'm desperate to stop smoking analogs!

The problem is I am supposed to have stopped analog smoking and I haven't! I don't feel I can do it until I get a good strong juice that will fill that void for me.

I need recommendation for a juice that will give me a strong menthol taste with a good burning throat hit. I also need to know how many drops from the bottle you put on the coil, and how that relates to how many "cigarette hits" that will give you--I mean is five drops worth roughly one cigarette, or what?

I'm not even sure if I'm making sense or not....I hope so. I am a 40 year smoker, 2 packs a day in recent years, Eve's Light Menthol, which is a fairly strong menthol similar to Marlboro or Kool's only smoother. I have COPD and emphyzema and am desperate....please help me tonight with some advice?

PLSChows

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Here's the back story...I received my 510 about a month ago now, and had some trouble getting used to it. I've finally decided to go with the drip method for now just because it seems less complicated. Anyway I had been trying the 510 here and there but still smoking analogs, when BAM, I got a bad case of pnumonia & strep which landed me in the hospital for a week. I've been home now for a week, on oxygen, and have this bottle of "menthol" juice which just isn't doing it for me! Because of all the drugs I'm on, I have been only fumbling along with this e-cigarette stuff and my brain just doesn't seem to be working right...but I'm desperate to stop smoking analogs!

The problem is I am supposed to have stopped analog smoking and I haven't! I don't feel I can do it until I get a good strong juice that will fill that void for me.

I need recommendation for a juice that will give me a strong menthol taste with a good burning throat hit. I also need to know how many drops from the bottle you put on the coil, and how that relates to how many "cigarette hits" that will give you--I mean is five drops worth roughly one cigarette, or what?

I'm not even sure if I'm making sense or not....I hope so. I am a 40 year smoker, 2 packs a day in recent years, Eve's Light Menthol, which is a fairly strong menthol similar to Marlboro or Kool's only smoother. I have COPD and emphyzema and am desperate....please help me tonight with some advice?

Hi MLW,

Welcome to vaping. I don't like mint/menthol but I can tell you Smilin Steve from Vapor4Life.com has some very strong menthol juice. He was a 4-5 pack a day menthol smoker for years. So if anyone can guide you, he should be able to. He also is online late at night so if you send him an email or PM him, he will most likely answer within minutes.

I also can highly recommend the Vapor King (KR808D-1) from him also. I can attest to the throat hit it gives. Although I don't have a 510, I do have a 3 piece model and don't like it. Too much maintenance. The VK is easy and they're very refillable.

Good luck and again, welcome :)

535cheetah

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Fenton, michigan
ive had my 510 about 2 weeks going on 3 now. i was a 2 pack a day marlboro medium smoker. so i do not know to much about menthol stuff, but... when i got my kit it came with 24mg marlboro juice. this didnt cut it for me aand i smoked analogs along with my 510. i ordered the 36mg marlboro juice from www.myfreedomsmokes.com and have been analog free for 4 days now, with no signs of going back (so far) :) the throat hit is awesome... almost to much (you will prolly have a sore throat the first day or 2 with the 36mg ) but the sore throat went away for me.
i do have to say at first i didnt like the taste of the 36mg but i stuck with it and after 2 days of it.... it was fine. i like it alot now. i had made a post on here saying i didnt like the juice i got from there ect. and yesterday i had to repost my thread retracting my statement lol.
so i think if ya go with 36mg of whatever flavor you should be good.

side note.... i never got into dripping or dipping tried it a few times but, really no diff for me. i use my cart all the time. i like to keep it topped off all the time. usually after 10-15 really good long drags ill add 4-6 drops in my cart.

Last edited:

DinosaurVapor

Moved On
Nov 11, 2009
Spokane, WA
ive had my 510 about 2 weeks going on 3 now. i was a 2 pack a day marlboro medium smoker. so i do not know to much about menthol stuff, but... when i got my kit it came with 24mg marlboro juice. this didnt cut it for me aand i smoked analogs along with my 510. i ordered the 36mg marlboro juice from www.myfreedomsmokes.com and have been analog free for 4 days now, with no signs of going back (so far) :) the throat hit is awesome... almost to much (you will prolly have a sore throat the first day or 2 with the 36mg ) but the sore throat went away for me.
i do have to say at first i didnt like the taste of the 36mg but i stuck with it and after 2 days of it.... it was fine. i like it alot now. i had made a post on here saying i didnt like the juice i got from there ect. and yesterday i had to repost my thread retracting my statement lol.
so i think if ya go with 36mg of whatever flavor you should be good.

side note.... i never got into dripping or dipping tried it a few times but, really no diff for me. i use my cart all the time. i like to keep it topped off all the time. usually after 10-15 really good long drags ill add 4-6 drops in my cart.

I do this too. not muc hof a straight atty dripper

jongleur

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Southern CA

This might not be the answer you're looking for, but if, by your own description, your "brain just doesn't seem to be working right", maybe right now is not the right time to be making such a decision. Is it it possible you can just chill on it just a little while and decide a bit more slowly rather than immediately? In any case, feeling "desperate" is not the best mode in which to make any such decision.

Although I am of the (somewhat!) educated opinion that vaping is far safer than smoking, I'm also of the opinion that breathing pure clean fresh air is the best of all. But trying to be cognizant of the possible risks of getting some throat hit via vaping versus _total abstention_, I would recommend pure propylene glycol with menthol crystals, or if you prefer, vegetable glycerine with menthol crystals.

I am certainly not a doctor, and I don't want to steer you wrong, but you don't mention a need for nicotine, and I believe that the basic carrier (propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycerine) plus menthol crystals should give you both the throat feeling and flavor you have requested.

Just an idea: is it possible you could get in touch with a medical doctor who is familiar with electronic cigarettes, or one who is willing to do some honest research on them?

I will not recommend a particular vendor for the products I just mentioned, but you can easily do a Google search for vendors by typing in your search terms to the text field found at the bottom left of every page of this forum.

I sincerely hope this may help you in some way.

--John

MLW

Sep 21, 2009
Michigan
I'm pretty sure I was having an anxiety or panic attack late last night when I wrote that post...I'm a little calmer now. I'm hoping it's partially the steroids I've been on. I appreciate the advice you all have given very very much, thank you.

I couldn't leave the analogs alone yesterday and smoked myself into a tizzy. But I'm still desperate to quit them completely. I'm going to try to be a little more patient today....

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
I hope you get well quickly. If you were hospitalized for pneumonia you definitely need to quit the cigarettes. If you are on oxygen be careful but of course you know that. I know how hard this is even when you suffer because of it. A few years ago I had pneumonia with other complications and stayed on a ventilator for 11 days.They thought I was going to die. I recovered. You want believe it but on the way home I bought some cigarettes and started right back smoking. Now does that make any sense. I have a strong addiction.

MLW

Sep 21, 2009
Michigan
I hope you get well quickly. If you were hospitalized for pneumonia you definitely need to quit the cigarettes. If you are on oxygen be careful but of course you know that. I know how hard this is even when you suffer because of it. A few years ago I had pneumonia with other complications and stayed on a ventilator for 11 days.They thought I was going to die. I recovered. You want believe it but on the way home I bought some cigarettes and started right back smoking. Now does that make any sense. I have a strong addiction.
Yes I do believe it, Martha...that's exactly what I did. Have you quit the analogs finally with the help of the e cig? If so, then there may be hope for me!

angjen0816

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Menasha, WI
it takes some time to learn the ins and outs of the e-cig. I also had no patience for carts and just drip. I find though that 2 drops last quite a bit longer than 10 puffs. I don't know if I just have a lighter pull than other people or what but I vape pretty much nonstop when allowed and 2 to 3 drops will last me about a half hour. I don't like menthol at all so I can't be of help there. but trust me, its worth it and it WORKS! if you need to do it slow, do what works for you. some people get their start kit and never look at another analog again. others need more time to adjust. I was off the analogs after my last pack ran out. every now and then i will bum one but its been about a week and last time i didnt even finish it. i was afraid to quit smoking, as crazy as that sounds but now i am more afraid to go back. pray, meditate, write, do whatever works to keep you calm. relax and focus on getting better and i promise you you will feel better without the analogs.

MLW

Sep 21, 2009
Michigan
it takes some time to learn the ins and outs of the e-cig. I also had no patience for carts and just drip. I find though that 2 drops last quite a bit longer than 10 puffs. I don't know if I just have a lighter pull than other people or what but I vape pretty much nonstop when allowed and 2 to 3 drops will last me about a half hour. I don't like menthol at all so I can't be of help there. but trust me, its worth it and it WORKS! if you need to do it slow, do what works for you. some people get their start kit and never look at another analog again. others need more time to adjust. I was off the analogs after my last pack ran out. every now and then i will bum one but its been about a week and last time i didnt even finish it. i was afraid to quit smoking, as crazy as that sounds but now i am more afraid to go back. pray, meditate, write, do whatever works to keep you calm. relax and focus on getting better and i promise you you will feel better without the analogs.

Thank you for your calming words--I'm going to do this yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread