Much of a difference? and whats better for a beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jRP

Moved On
Jul 25, 2010
GA
I am looking at the Joye 510, and the KR808D-1 as my first E-Cigarette.

But don't quite understand the KR808D-1 and the cartomizer deal.
Which is better? cartridges for the 510 so you can refill, or is the cartomizer better? Now I think I know what the cartomizers are after some research.
The cartomizer has a atomizer installed in every cartomizer you buy correct? Is that why it's got the mizer, in cartomizer? Lol probably a stupid question but I'm a virgin to the whole E-Cig world.

Which would be better for a beginner? Which one is easier? I mean I could imagine the KR808D-1 would be because the Atomizer would never go bad if you just kept buying cartomizers which always has a new atomizer?
Or am I wrong? I don't even know if that's right lol, please correct me if I am wrong.

Please clarify things up for me.

Thanks
Jon

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
I'd recommend reading the Wonderful World of vaping found in the ECF Library first. It will explain alot about the basics. There are 6 posts in the series, but it won't take you long to read through.

A lot depends on what would work best for you. That answer will be different if you are / were a heavy or light smoker as well. Read up a bit and you may be able to narrow down the field a bit.

jRP

Moved On
Jul 25, 2010
GA
I'd recommend reading the Wonderful World of Vaping found in the ECF Library first. It will explain alot about the basics. There are 6 posts in the series, but it won't take you long to read through.

A lot depends on what would work best for you. That answer will be different if you are / were a heavy or light smoker as well. Read up a bit and you may be able to narrow down the field a bit.

I have read those. Lot of information, but also a lot of it is just him speaking his mind on e-cigs.

t9c

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Houston
510 again, if you like the analog look. You will very quickly tire of the constant battery recharging though, unless you've got the patience of Job. Generally they last about 2 hours of heavy vaping, meaning holding it an puffing several times per minute. If you only vape it several times per hour, it may last all day.

But with the 510, and probably the 808, too...I dunno... you can get higher capacity batteries to last you all day of heavy vaping. It's the poor man's eGo, Riva, Hello 016.

I started with the 510 and within 1 week had a eGo in my hands and not looking back.

Laddsy

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Discreet be damned, I'd go an Ego or Riva myself. I actually took my Kaji which resembles a dugout when I went to court yesterday and openly vaped in front of police and the officials and not one made a comment, I was hoping they would so I could educate them on ecigs lol.

Are there police in Tas???

:D:p

jmaul99

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Marietta, GA
Also a newbie, but based on my experience so far I would go with a big battery model, ie. Riva or Ego or I would get a 3.7v box mod. You can get a box mod and everything you need to start vaping for around $60 at boxmods.net. I have found charging the batteries to be a pain. Also, get manual batteries not auto. I figured I would hate mashing a button so I got autos but they tend to misfire and I have already flooded one because they are not protected. Also, cartomizers can get really expensive and by everything I've read are much harder to refill than standard carts. You might want to read my thread "My vaping journey- week 1" this will give you my experiences and mistakes I've made so far.

Good luck no matter what you choose!!!

GtrSoloist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
USA
It looks like I'm the only one who is going to suggest a KR8. I am new to vaping and that is why I like the idea of the KR8. I purchased XL batteries and 1 bat lasts me pretty much all day.

Filling and cleaning the cartomizers is easy, which holds a fair amount of e-juice. The 2 piece design again, is easier to deal with. I don't want to have to be worried about constantly frying or burning up attys.

Love the drip mod on the cartomizers. Pull the filling, add a few drops and vape.

At some point I will probably look at the ego's and what not, but for starting out, I wanted something fairly inexpensive and dependable, with lots of room for error.

My $0.02, in the minority it would appear.

frisco

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
Asheville
I am quite new at this also. I started with a KR808d-1 battery and the cartomizers because it was simpler.

I have been happy with it but the batteries take a long time to charge. I just ordered a Riva that will use cartomizers but will also give me the ability to use an atomizer and cartridge also(at least that's my understanding).

For me, it's the frustration level that I have to watch for. I don't have a lot a spare time to mess with it so I want it to be as easy as possible!

Whatever you start with is probably not what you will end up with. I think it's a matter of evolving.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread