RDA Mutation or Royal Hunter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bxlxaxkxe

Verified Member
Aug 26, 2015
I'm just getting into dripping. A friend gave me some clone, not even sure what it is, that I've been practicing with but its time to get my own. Looking to spend ~30 bucks.

I'd like a good combination of flavor and clouds and dual posts. Plan on building duals around .3-.5 or so.

Would one or the other be better for my needs? I'm a beginner...just getting the hang of building coils consistently.

Are they equally easy to build on? Any huge cons of either?

Any help or insight or other options would be greatly appreciated!

Bxlxaxkxe

Verified Member
Aug 26, 2015
I own I mutation x v4. I don't own a royal hunter. Out of the two I would get a royal hunter.
The mutation has got poor button head screws, the atty barrel is thin and will dent itself out of round if dropped, and the bottom airflow is prone to leaking.

I suppose that says a lot! Leaning towards the hunter, as I've read about a lot of leakage issues with the mutation

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
I'm just getting into dripping. A friend gave me some clone, not even sure what it is, that I've been practicing with but its time to get my own. Looking to spend ~30 bucks.

I'd like a good combination of flavor and clouds and dual posts. Plan on building duals around .3-.5 or so.

Would one or the other be better for my needs? I'm a beginner...just getting the hang of building coils consistently.

Are they equally easy to build on? Any huge cons of either?

Any help or insight or other options would be greatly appreciated!

The Royal Hunter was my first authentic. I considered the Mutation as well but got to see them side by side in person and chose the Hunter because of the shape of the wide bore and the spit back protection. Dead easy to build on, terrific air flow adjustment, dense flavor (to me) and I haven't had any leaking issues at all.

Reviewers of this RDA often complain that dripping through the spit back protection is an issue but, even as a newb I wouldn't have done that anyway. Residual juice on top of it will defeat the purpose...seems obvious to me. I pop off that wide bore for dripping and the airflow setting is not disturbed.

Reactions: 67Tele

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I have the mutation v2 and have tried a friends RH, I prefer the RH. It seems to have better flavor to me, my opinion, not fact, the mutation seems to shine better on a VW device with higher watts.

I like to drip on mechs so the mutation just hangs out. I have heard good reviews on the mutation xs or mini, whatever you call it. Haven't tried it yet thought but do love a reduced chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread