Mutation X build question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy66

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2015
Maryland
Hooray for me!
Yesterday I completed my first build on my new Mutation X rda. Dual coil, 26 ga. Kanthal at .4 ohms.
Started dripping last night and man oh man, it hit like a BEAST! I was chucking the clouds and the flavor was great.
This morning, having changed nothing, I got nothing near the same results. Lots of popping juice and little vapor production.
Coil still reading at .4 ohms however, on inspection, I noticed one coil seeming to heat faster than the other.
My question
Is this typical?
What could be the issue?
What's best to do differently in the future?
Any and all feedback is appreciated.

P.S.
Using an eleaf iStick 50w

Thanks all !

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Sorry I don't have anything else, but I would suggest you check the screws. I notice mine sometimes came lose after a few hits and it would act similar to yours. Mine were coming lose quite often, fixed it with a better screwdriver that let me tighten them all the way instead of making me think they were tight.

Edit: You could also check to make sure your screws didn't snap the legs of the coil.

b14ckd34th

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Jacksonviile, FL
Sorry I don't have anything else, but I would suggest you check the screws. I notice mine sometimes came lose after a few hits and it would act similar to yours. Mine were coming lose quite often, fixed it with a better screwdriver that let me tighten them all the way instead of making me think they were tight.

Edit: You could also check to make sure your screws didn't snap the legs of the coil.

ive noticed the same thing with my mutation x v2. i also had issues with my dual parallel coil legs.ive got a 24g 10-11 wrap running at .3 on my istick 50w..beautiful.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10012274/2082103-coil-building-rods-for-rda-rba-rta-rebuildable

I picked up one of those little coil jigs for cheap at my local B&M and it has a screw in the end of it under a little cap, it's the best screwdriver for the little screws I've found. I had bought a pair of Husky brand mini screwdrivers that come in a pair, but it has a long point and doesn't let the screwdriver sit flush, so those didn't work, and the little blue screwdrivers didn't let me get enough force to tighten the screw all the way. One of the times my build stopped chucking clouds it did turn out to be that I had snapped one of the coils legs while adjusting it.

Also, dbrandt01, my builds pop too. Not all the time, but it pretty normal of all my builds too. So the popping is probably nothing.

defvayne

Mar 8, 2015
Update;
Used a bit larger screwdriver and got about another 1/4 turn from the negative leg of the lagging coil.
Thank for the help
Chucking clouds once again :)

I have had the same issue when i built my quad coil at .25 ohms. The screws came coming loose and had to retighten. What i use is a flat head screw driver to tighten the screws. Used it for a while but it was to hot for a smooth vape. Built another set of dual 1ohms coil to read .5 and its a better vape. Im also using the mutation x v2. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread