MVP 2.0 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
I don't have an MVP, but 90% of the time I've got my mods set somewhere in the 6.0 to 7.0 watt range. I recall seeing a power chart that generally recommended staying at 8 ohms or lower, but I see plenty of people here go WAY over that. I rarely use the variable voltage. No matter what, it's going to be a bit of trial and error for you.

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Riverhead, NY, USA
OK...I can tell you what I do but there are many variables. What are you using to hold and atomise your liquid? What is its resistance? Is the juice thick or thin? What style of vaping do you like, cheek or mouth pulls then inhale or direct lung inhale?

That being said...I generally set the voltage to 3.7 and give it a shot. Then 3.8 or 3.9 ....I am looking for the best taste first..then good vapor production. Maybe I need higher...anyway...I am trying to avoid slightly burnt taste. When I hit that I move back down. Then I figure what that voltage is in watts and set that as close as I can. Try that. Sometimes I just stay with volts. OK?

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
I don't have much patience for charts and ohms, etc. I'm glad there are helpful folks here to help. Someone in the MVP 2 owners group said to use the P button and set the watts at 7.5 for most juices, and leave the U button alone. That's what I've done, and it's working really well for me.

I am not at all adventuresome about my vaping, and am pretty easily pleased. As long as the juice tastes reasonably pleasant and I don't smoke, I consider it a real success!

Art02

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Manassas, VA
I use the voltage settings mostly. Start at 3.3 and turn it up till it tastes best.

I agree. When you do wattage, the device senses the ohms and then calculates the voltage required. On any device, repeatedly check the ohms of the topper you have on. It vary's. I heard stories of the MVP that varied in the puff quality on the same watts. It seemed like the ohm measuring circuit was suspect. In the voltage mode it worked great.

Turn it up or down as required.

The Pro Vari only does volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread