Status
Not open for further replies.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I don't have either device, so won't comment specifically about them, but as far as the voltage or wattage settings, there is no setting they're supposed to be, that's the reason they are variable. You set it at whatever setting gives the performance you like. Start at the lowest setting and work your way up until you find it satisfying, or till you get the burnt taste, then turn it down a bit.

jcco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
Tobacco Flavors

Try a couple sample packs from Parkes.
I found them to have the least perfumy & cigar type flavors.
Look for the little doggy prints for reviews. They have something like 60 tobacco flavors which is more than anyone, I think.

I found a few that I used early on that were pretty straight forward flavors. I found that "Ashtray", Wyatt Earp & Dark Vapure? were the least sweet & perfumey flavors.
They have great customer service & helped me out with selections.

I wound up using unflavored nic liquid mixed with a bit of their flavors were very close.

Now I have a tank of the real Boba's Bounty from AVE. Dont fall for the fake Boba's that 1st pops up on a Google search.

Verify Your Age To Enter Alien Visions E-Juice Website

I think the fakeout is Alien Vapor.

You might like AVE's Gorilla Juice too. It's a lot like Boba's but with a hint of banana.

Good luck & welcome,
JC

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
I just got my MVP 2.0 with an AERO tank and i'm really digging it but i know zero about the settings for wattage and voltage. What should these be set at?

Also can anyone recommend any tobacco flavored liquids. I'm looking for straight tobacco flavors.

Thanks

I'd start at about 7 watts and work your way up from there. If it starts tasting burnt, back it down .5 to 1 watt. You don't have to worry about the volts if you're in the wattage mode.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
Tobacco flavors are difficult. Some people like naturally extracted tobaccos (NETs) that taste like real tobacco. Some people like favors that taste like actual cig smoke (ECBlends has a flavor called Ashtray that tastes exactly like a nasty cig ....). As a menthol smoker, I naturally gravitated toward mentholated flavors, tobacco and otherwise when I started vaping. My preference, at this point, is the desserty tobaccos, where tobacco is the back note to a candy, cream or pastry flavor.

So, as others have said, it's best to spend on some samples from different vendors in different categories to see what you like.

Here are the tobaccos I've reordered:

At this moment I'm vaping Ol' River from Rocket Fuel. Of all the categories I've mentioned, I think it sit at the middle of the road. It's got some sweetness to it, but it's not sickening. It also doesn't taste artificial. Just a good straightforward vape at a decent price for 30ml.
Ol' River: Brown Sugar Tobacco Eliquid

In the desserty category I like Boba's Bounty by Alien Visions and, even moreso, H1N1 by Nicoticket and, even more than those, Groundbreaking by Bionic. They're not something I can vape all day but work well as a desserty treat in the evening.
Boba's Bounty : Alien Visions E-Juice, Satisfaction Guaranteed
(make sure you're ordering from Alien Visions and not Alien Vapor which makes a disgusting knock off of Boba's)
http://www.nicoticket.com/the-virus-h1n1/
Ground Breaking – Bionic Vapor

For menthols, I really like Hurricane's Vice City Ice. It's like a minty tobacco with notes of cocoa or coffee. It's heavy on the menthol however.
Vice City Ice - ALL - Storm Juice

None of these options is on the cheaper end of the scale but, with tobaccos, I find you get what you pay for. For what you get, I think Ol River and Groundbreaking are the best bang for the buck.

Obviously this is just my opinion based on limited experience. There are a lot of great vendors and juices worth trying. Also, if you really detest any sweetness and prefer savory or earthy tobaccos, take my advice with several grains of salt. I'm still exploring too. Next up is well-regarded cheapie called Dueling Banjos by High Dessert Vapes.

Lastly, the most important thing to keep in mind is that the best tobacco flavors usually need plenty of time to steep. Many of them will taste like garbage for up to a month before the flavors settle in. Ol River and Vice City Ice are pretty good right off the bat but I wouldn't touch Boba's or Groundbreaking for at least a month.

Good luck on your search.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread