MVP, SID, SVD or Groove?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Im trying to figure out which mod to get, i was using a segali zmax which finally bit the bullet after me replacing the atty connector after it stripped out, after replacing the wires on the atty connectors when they came off the board etc etc. it served me pretty well, but id like to get something with similar specs.

i rarely if ever go over 10 watts or 4.5 volts which is why im considering the MVP in this list. I use AGA-T, Davide and Igo-L for my VW/VV mods, of which i only have my gripper VV left. I was seriously considering the gatling gun one, but no screen readout takes that out of contention.

im looking for durability (especially in the connector, replacing connectors is a PITA, as well as the firing button, gripper VV im looking at you...) 18650 battery use, and preferably the smallest form factor (which is why im not getting a certain other mod that everyone ALWAYS recommends.

any suggestions or input will be greatly appreciated.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
MVP​

great price for the consistent quality power output,
even say it died after a 1 year time, would be worth it :ohmy:

then add up the onboard features
variable ; 3.3-5.0v / 6.0-11.0w
Ω meter / battery level meter
passthru / micro USB charging (cell phone cord)
510 & eGo threaded
2600mah long life battery
power-pak: capable to Output charge
all the electronic safety features
and don't forget the 'puff-counter'

-comes with its own cool charge cord
-a beauty ring
-included clearomizers : 1 iClear30 or 2 iClear16's
-and choice of (4) colors

you could buy 4-5 before you spent the money of 'another' popular device ;)

truthfully or factually what else compares... ?

Vape≈Like it's Black Friday
:evil:

no links to other sites..
wow sorry, did not realize what thread I was in... :oops:

Last edited:

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I have the both the SID and the SVD. The Grove which I bought bombed out within the warranty period, and my local B&M swapped it out against other hardware.

The form factor and light weight plastic of the Groove were nice, but the rubberized coating was destined to come off. The bottom battery door which is also made from plastic, just looked like trouble waiting to happen. The Groove cannot take all batteries, especially some of the bigger protected ones.

The SID has an Al body which also can be used with a short tube for 18350's. It has a nice screen and one button menu system. It will not take all batteries, but I have gone over to the smaller IMR safe chemistry anyway.

The SVD is a beast. It's heavy, but the telescope, multi-button menu system, and colored firing button giving you battery status are all nice features.

I am on the fence on the MVP since I am generally against any mod with an integrated battery. Li batteries will fail-regardless of the chemistry. It's happened with my cell phones, my notebooks, my Kindle, my ego's, and my stand alone batteries. The ability to use it as a pass-through is a nice feature, and it has a high mAh rating. But, if you move around a lot, it could be a disadvantage. Admittedly, I am a little paranoid about plugging anything into my notebook. I even travel with a spare tablet, because if my PC goes, I end up having to play guitar on a street corner to pay for my vices. Playing street corner minstrel is a great way to pick up women, BTW, but it's a bit cold outside in Michigan right now.

It's a tough choice, but your choice may come down to what appeals to your taste rather than functionality and performance. These products all work well, and with the exception of the Groove, seem to be solidly built.

I don't push the limits of wattage/voltage in my devices and vaporizers; they are just too difficult to maintain for my lifestyle. The bottom coils have been a real Godsend in that regard.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Weighing in - I am an avowed SID fan...lightweight (and its round std mod form factor), durable finish and fairly simple to change voltage or wattage (I always operate on VW)...I have been using MY original SID for months now with no issues...
:ohmy: but....but...butts you can't fix you make ups on its like da groobey one check makeup.jpg

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Very nice post Tony!

I have the both the SID and the SVD. The Grove which I bought bombed out within the warranty period, and my local B&M swapped it out against other hardware.

The form factor and light weight plastic of the Groove were nice, but the rubberized coating was destined to come off. The bottom battery door which is also made from plastic, just looked like trouble waiting to happen. The Groove cannot take all batteries, especially some of the bigger protected ones.

The SID has an Al body which also can be used with a short tube for 18350's. It has a nice screen and one button menu system. It will not take all batteries, but I have gone over to the smaller IMR safe chemistry anyway.

The SVD is a beast. It's heavy, but the telescope, multi-button menu system, and colored firing button giving you battery status are all nice features.

I am on the fence on the MVP since I am generally against any mod with an integrated battery. Li batteries will fail-regardless of the chemistry. It's happened with my cell phones, my notebooks, my Kindle, my ego's, and my stand alone batteries. The ability to use it as a pass-through is a nice feature, and it has a high mAh rating. But, if you move around a lot, it could be a disadvantage. Admittedly, I am a little paranoid about plugging anything into my notebook. I even travel with a spare tablet, because if my PC goes, I end up having to play guitar on a street corner to pay for my vices. Playing street corner minstrel is a great way to pick up women, <--(lol- danno) BTW, but it's a bit cold outside in Michigan right now.

It's a tough choice, but your choice may come down to what appeals to your taste rather than functionality and performance. These products all work well, and with the exception of the Groove, seem to be solidly built.

I don't push the limits of wattage/voltage in my devices and vaporizers; they are just too difficult to maintain for my lifestyle. The bottom coils have been a real Godsend in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread