MXJO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Look, you don't get to blame the equipment for your inexperience. I don't mean to be harsh, but I do kind of mean it.

So, if you think your God spared you in order to like, get lung cancer and die horribly, you just "pick up that cigarette and good luck.

Or, you can man up, read, learn and have a PLEASANT experience. This shouldn't stop you vaping-- it should stop you from vaping how you WERE. What happened to you was just like the perfect storm of inexperience, and with a few safety measures you can learn to vape like the HOWEVER many vapers on the planet who learned to vape safely do.

Buy a regulated mod, read Mooch's blog and Baditude's and you will be just fine.

You don't get to blame vaping, batteries, or anything on YOUR CHOICES in vape. You can simply move on from it, to either a happier life or to a life of misery. I am quite sure the experience was terrifying, and I'm also sure you wish you'd known more.

But that's NOT vaping's fault and to say it is capable of driving you back to tobacco?

That's sort of the same as staying, wow, I had a major highway accident at night and it drove me away from driving, so I am going to wear black and pace the highways instead. It's like blaming your chipmunk for dying when you forgot to feed an water it for a month.

Man up. No offense. Just go "Oh thank god, there is a group of people who are here and willing t to help me do better!"

That is about the worst "learning" conclusion and/or outcome for a mech accident I have ever seen. Again, no offense but really honestly you did like this chain of vaping wrongs, what happened was almost inevitable, but since you didn't know what you didn't know, well now you have the opportunity to LEARN. You were actually SUPER LUCKY.

Think about what you choose to do with that luck. I mean that SO MUCH.

Anna
Lighten up, Anna! :)

I think he said he was going to stick with a regulated device and that if he had to use an unregulated device again he might just as soon go back to smoking.

Nothing terribly wrong with that.

My wife had a Juno pod system that she was saving for me for Christmas and gave it to me. It’s pretty satisfying and I’ll probably stick with it for a long time.

Reactions: stols001

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
He really seems to have taken a liking to it
200w.gif

• Love
Reactions: Violetti Usva

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Innokin makes good internal battery mods. Good quality for a good price. I have had one of mine for 4+ years and it's still going. Sorry to hear about your battery exploding. I had a battery vent in a mech mod years back. Scary stuff. I still use mechanicals, mostly squonkers, but that gave me a healthy respect for mechmods and batteries. There is a lot of power stored in an 18650. Things can go South real fast.

Robin Becker

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2018
Berlin
I think, that what happened in the mech mode can be similar to this video:

A short-circuit due to damaged battery (PVC sleeve), or a bad design of the mech mod. In this video the controlled short-circuit is done by a very thin solderin lug connected between Plus and Minus. If the surface of the short-circuit is bigger, the reaction will be mighty.
Regarding reasons for accidents on eCigs...I think I read somewhere, that most of the incidents are caused still due to human beings mistakes (carrying a battery with coins and keys in your pocket, using a damaged sleeve, using a damaged battery etc.)

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Whether a subohmtank has a protruding 510 centerpin isn't the only relevant thing to look out for.
More important is the fact, that most subohmtanks don't have a solid 510 pin.
When the 510 is floating/selfadjusting and you screw it on the mech too tight, the 510 retracts inside the threaded negative connector. And because the connectorplate under the coil is very thin and therefor can be pushed up easily, you might not even notice this.
Ergo:
Subohmtanks on a hybrid are only for hardcore-darwinists, brain-dead and suicide bombers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread