My atomizer gets pretty hot when I vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latif77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2010
San Francisco
what type of device are you using? What is the resistance of your atty? Is it a variable voltage device... what it sounds like is you're putting too many watts through it, but this cannot be determined without knowing the volts your device is putting out and the ohms of your atty. I had this very issue and found that lowering the voltage or raising the ohms did the trick.

Latif77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2010
San Francisco
Unfortunately Im not familiar with the etank. But i can say that I tend to use the watts of a 3.7v with a LR atty (1.5ohm) as my baseline and then play around that wattage to find what I like. the calculation I use (and there is tons of great stuff on the forum in much more detail around this) is W=V2/R Watts=Volts squared/Resistance The wattage baseline I am talking about is 9.13. You can go higher than this or lower up to you. But I found that I had the same symptoms you are facing at 5v with a provari using a 2.2 ohm atty Watts=11.36. Your device is a 5v device so you will want to test the ohms on your atty. Others may have better information, but this is what I found. Usually a hot atty means you are using too high of power (Watts). Not sure if its a coinsidence or not but the issues I was having with my attys were attys from Vapor Kings as well. Hopefully this helps a bit. Maybe some other folks can chime in if they have better info. Good luck!

Latif77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2010
San Francisco
If you're not gonna go varivolt (provari is my favorite) I like the bombshell with some AW 18650 high drain batteries. Get some LR cartos and use a tank ( I like the Jtank) or the MAP DCT. The tank is key. Keeps your carto perfectly moist so you dont over heat the coil and you get a nice vape everytime. Just my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread