My atomizers just lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDGECRUSHER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey guys, got an interesting scenerio that just played out this weekend.

Now, I'm new to vaping, and my first PV was the eGo-T. I have two LR and two SR attys (Type "A") and one LR Type "B" (that burned out in a week). I noticed that I never really got the tons of smoke that some videos I watched had, but I figured that was because A) I'm a noob and B) I'm using an eGo-T. I was having a blast nonetheless, vaping and filling tanks. I ritually clean everything with denatured alcohol, so it wasn't for lack of maintenance, but I was perplexed that I simply had one level of performance from my attys, SR and LR alike.

After watching some youtube reviews, I wanted to try these clearomizers out. I ordered two Stardusts from here which just arrived on Friday. From the get-go, literally right out of the box, these suckers blow away my attys & plastic tanks. If I had to put a number on it, I would say that these Stardusts are 2.0 to 2.5 times better in terms of more flavor and more throat hit.

So my question really is, did I do something wrong with my eGo attys? Or is it simply that they can only go so far before, inevitably, a user finds something better to move on to?

hrlw817

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2012
St. Charles, MO
I have an eGo-c that on occasion, I still use the tank that it came with, and LR atty's. I actually got great vapor from it. Using a juice blend of 70/30, it had constant vapor. The throat hit also depends on your nic strength. Right now, I am using a 8mg juice and it has a slight throat hit, which I like better. I am also using a CE4, which are similar to the Stardusts and get huge vapor clouds using my eGo-c battery and a 1.8 ohm clearo.

Also, you can get, on occasion, an atty that may not work well. I have ran across that twice in my time with the eGo-c. Out of 10 atty's, one hardly worked, and another just worked for 3 days then quit working.

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Man, there's a lot of rain on this parade. I hate to add more, but I am nothing if not a soothsayer.

The Ego T system is a known leaker. It's better than an Ego C (regular, not Twist version battery) but it's still nowhere near 100%.

The Stardust is flawed. The tanks crack A LOT. They say they don't but they do, and right next to the thumbnail to buy one is the replacement tank. Why would you need a replacement tank if they aren't supposed to crack? Answer: because they crack. A LOT. I have had 6 of them crack is just a few months to the point of uselessness.

On a KGO they hit absolutely garbage. They draw tighter than a (insert colorful X-Rated comment here)... On top of that they tend to cook your juice as a result of their tight draw and the heat that is created as a result of that (see also: clear juice turns dark and tastes like crap). They are slightly harder to rebuild than a Vivi Nova Mini and they require constant maintenance. That is to say, if you don't wash them out and dry burn them every few days you are going to get a very dissatisfying vape with a quickness.

So what to do? This is bad news! Well, the best answer I can give you is to try a Vivi Nova Mini. Learn how to re-wick them and tear it up! That sounds all hard and stuff...
I have the answer right here in my blog. Stop playing with guesswork - it's time to move up to the Big Leagues.

The Vivi Nova Mini (which is best for EGO sized batteries) holds 2.5 mg, can be rebuilt easily, and performs very well. When you have the technology to rebuild them the cost of vaping bottoms out. Especially if you have the materials to DIY your own juice. Here is a link to my blog which solves all the common problems that new vapers have. Read up and learn the solution to these problems before you throw money at the situation. My blog is literally the culmination of over 6 months of research. Learn the easy way. The Vaper's Handbook:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/shoganinja/2998-vapers-handbook.html

Last edited:

hammer of the gods

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
yeah I too started with the t system and had nothing but problems. the first two atty's that came with the kit died in the first week after two tanks they would clog (latter found out it might be the juice, it was dark and thick) then I found the stardust with the changeable coils and they are fantastic and the store here in town freedom smoke usa sells the coils for $1.50. can't beat that.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Vision stardust are great! I used those until I found the replaceable clearos at juicyvapor.com. If you want more vapor there is three things you can try that I know of. 1) get a variable voltage device. More volts equals more vapor. 2) low resistant atomizers. 3) 100% vg base juice.

More volts does not equal more vapor. More volts = more heat. A 3.6v device (a standard EGO Battery) with a 1.7ohm atomizer produces the exact same amount of vapor as a 4.8v EGO Twist with a 3.0 ohm atomizer on it. The only difference is HEAT. Much more heat is produced at higher voltages, not vapor. If you push an atomizer beyond its recommended resistance it will do one of two things: vape hotter for a short period of time and maybe even produce a little extra vapor (some of which is melting coil vapor). Or 2: melt the coil, thus resulting in another ruined atomizer. For the record, heat is not necessarily a good thing.

My blog, as posted 3 messages above will reveal this and many other truths. Click the link and read up.

By atomizer I really mean: Atomizer, Cartomizer, Clearomizer, Fluxomizer, Smokeymizer or anything that heats up and produces vapor as a direct result of applied voltage.

hrlw817

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2012
St. Charles, MO
Man, there's a lot of rain on this parade. I hate to add more, but I am nothing if not a soothsayer.

The Ego T system is a known leaker. It's better than an Ego C (regular, not Twist version battery) but it's still nowhere near 100%.

The Stardust is flawed. The tanks crack A LOT. They say they don't but they do, and right next to the thumbnail to buy one is the replacement tank. Why would you need a replacement tank if they aren't supposed to crack? Answer: because they crack. A LOT. I have had 6 of them crack is just a few months to the point of uselessness.

On a KGO they hit absolutely garbage. They draw tighter than a (insert colorful X-Rated comment here)... On top of that they tend to cook your juice as a result of their tight draw and the heat that is created as a result of that (see also: clear juice turns dark and tastes like crap). They are slightly harder to rebuild than a Vivi Nova Mini and they require constant maintenance. That is to say, if you don't wash them out and dry burn them every few days you are going to get a very dissatisfying vape with a quickness.

So what to do? This is bad news! Well, the best answer I can give you is to try a Vivi Nova Mini. Learn how to re-wick them and tear it up! That sounds all hard and stuff...
I have the answer right here in my blog. Stop playing with guesswork - it's time to move up to the Big Leagues.

The Vivi Nova Mini (which is best for EGO sized batteries) holds 2.5 mg, can be rebuilt easily, and performs very well. When you have the technology to rebuild them the cost of vaping bottoms out. Especially if you have the materials to DIY your own juice. Here is a link to my blog which solves all the common problems that new vapers have. Read up and learn the solution to these problems before you throw money at the situation. My blog is literally the culmination of over 6 months of research. Learn the easy way. The Vaper's Handbook:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/shoganinja/2998-vapers-handbook.html

I have not used a Stardust, I have had two on order since June, (and probably will never see them) and in my time of waiting, I went up to my local mall kiosk and bought two 2.4ml CE4's with replaceable coils. I have had zero issues with either one, no leaks, no cracks. I have had to replace one coil in that time and it works just fine. I also take it to work with me, and it stays in my shirt pocket and I have dropped it a time or two, again, no leaks, no cracks.

Call me crazy but I think the CE4's I got are of a great quality. Cleaning them isn't a big deal and I will probably stick with these until I do actually break one and if I do, I have a backup. When that one breaks, I will buy more.

B Hick

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2012
TX
More volts does not equal more vapor. More volts = more heat. A 3.6v device (a standard EGO Battery) with a 1.7ohm atomizer produces the exact same amount of vapor as a 4.8v EGO Twist with a 3.0 ohm atomizer on it. The only difference is HEAT. Much more heat is produced at higher voltages, not vapor. If you push an atomizer beyond its recommended resistance it will do one of two things: vape hotter for a short period of time and maybe even produce a little extra vapor (some of which is melting coil vapor). Or 2: melt the coil, thus resulting in another ruined atomizer. For the record, heat is not necessarily a good thing.

My blog, as posted 3 messages above will reveal this and many other truths. Click the link and read up.

By atomizer I really mean: Atomizer, Cartomizer, Clearomizer, Fluxomizer, Smokeymizer or anything that heats up and produces vapor as a direct result of applied voltage.

I'm using a 2.6 ohm atomizer with my super vv ego. If I vape at 3 volts I get very little vapor. If I vape at 4 volts I get much more vapor. I don't know what you smoke but I get more vapor from higher voltage.

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
I have been vaping for three years. It really seems that the more it moves forward the more frustrated people become.

I also tried all the fancy clearomizers, tanks, etc. when they first came out. None of them were worth my time and money. When I hear about one that isn't a PITA then I might consider trying one again.

Until then, I will simply drip/blue foam with a LR atty on a big battery 3.7 volt mod. I don't clean the Atty I don't do anything but vape it till it dies. For the last year I have not had even one day where I couldn't get the exact vape I am looking for. KISS.

My advice? Learn how to drip on a LR atty with a 3.7 volt device. Get it right and you will have the best flavor and the most vapor possible given your choice of juice.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I have not used a Stardust, I have had two on order since June, (and probably will never see them) and in my time of waiting, I went up to my local mall kiosk and bought two 2.4ml CE4's with replaceable coils. I have had zero issues with either one, no leaks, no cracks. I have had to replace one coil in that time and it works just fine. I also take it to work with me, and it stays in my shirt pocket and I have dropped it a time or two, again, no leaks, no cracks.

Call me crazy but I think the CE4's I got are of a great quality. Cleaning them isn't a big deal and I will probably stick with these until I do actually break one and if I do, I have a backup. When that one breaks, I will buy more.

The 2.4 ml Clearos you have are most likely Kanger T2's and they work very good. I like them better than the Vision 2 clearo mainly because they hold more juice and have ego threads. You can buy them here for 4.09 ea and five spare coil heads for 6.60 with free shipping if you use the discount code Ecig. eGo 2.4ml CC Coil Changeable clear cartomizer clearomizer

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I have been vaping for three years. It really seems that the more it moves forward the more frustrated people become.

I also tried all the fancy clearomizers, tanks, etc. when they first came out. None of them were worth my time and money. When I hear about one that isn't a PITA then I might consider trying one again.

Until then, I will simply drip/blue foam with a LR atty on a big battery 3.7 volt mod. I don't clean the Atty I don't do anything but vape it till it dies. For the last year I have not had even one day where I couldn't get the exact vape I am looking for. KISS.

My advice? Learn how to drip on a LR atty with a 3.7 volt device. Get it right and you will have the best flavor and the most vapor possible given your choice of juice.

Have you tried the Vison Vivi Nova tank? It is what I use with my bigger battery PV's and they have been working flawlessly for a couple of months.

hrlw817

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2012
St. Charles, MO
The 2.4 ml Clearos you have are most likely Kanger T2's and they work very good. I like them better than the Vision 2 clearo mainly because they hold more juice and have ego threads. You can buy them here for 4.09 ea and five spare coil heads for 6.60 with free shipping if you use the discount code Ecig. eGo 2.4ml CC Coil Changeable clear cartomizer clearomizer

Wow..those are exactly them! I paid a little bit more (ok, alot more) for these. I may buy some from there and have a few more backups. Thanks for letting me know!!

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
Have you tried the Vison Vivi Nova tank? It is what I use with my bigger battery PV's and they have been working flawlessly for a couple of months.

Nope, I haven't tried them yet. I think I'll wait another year or so and see where things stand. I have enough LR atties to last a couple more years. I used to build mods and tinker all the time. I'm just not that into it anymore.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I'm using a 2.6 ohm atomizer with my super vv ego. If I vape at 3 volts I get very little vapor. If I vape at 4 volts I get much more vapor. I don't know what you smoke but I get more vapor from higher voltage.

That's because the resistance vs voltage ratio that you are using is way off at 3v. Here's a chart to help you understand the ratio and the relationship that voltage vs. resistance has: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tutorials/260292-selecting-cartomizers-match-your-battery-temperature-preferences-excel.html You'll quickly realize that 3.0v is in the "no vapor" zone and 4.0 is a bit shy of where you should be at 4.3-4.4 volts to get optimum vapeage. It's not the voltage that counts, it's the ratio of voltage to resistance. Get the ratio right and you'll be sitting in clouds of vapor. If you have more resistances to mess with you'll quickly realize that if you get that ratio correct it's the amount of heat that changes, not the amount of vapor.

p.s. I haven't smoked in 6 months. As for "fun times" when I was younger I haven't had those in years. Get married and you'll know all about it. Also, this secret posted above, and many others are found in my blog: The Vaper's Handbook.

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com

Don't forget to mention that the Vivi Nova Mini is better for EGO type batteries. It has the same effect with a smaller tank more befitting the smaller size of the EGO vs. Big Battery APVs. It's also cheaper.

EDGECRUSHER

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I knew that a Vivi Nova was in my future, I just didn't know when. If they turn out to be even better than the improvement I saw going from tanks to the Stardusts, wow :2cool:

I should have put in my first post that I was using the same juices (Red Bull and Watermelon) to establish a baseline, and didn't budge my 1k Twist anywhere above 3.8V. Once I had my first inhale of the Stardust, I thought I might have had the voltage up a bit, but even down to 3.2, it was cranking out some serious flavor and vape on the Stardust compared to my eGo attys.

So it's a bit of a downer that I spent some bucks on tanks and attys, when it looks like I'm going to enjoy clearomizors more from now on. I just wanted to ask if it was common, as I didn't really do this scientifically, just ad hoc.

All in all, this is still fun as hell :]

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Don't forget to mention that the Vivi Nova Mini is better for EGO type batteries. It has the same effect with a smaller tank more befitting the smaller size of the EGO vs. Big Battery APVs. It's also cheaper.

Not much cheaper 9.00 for a mini Nova is too much for me when I can get a Kanger T2 for 4.00 and extra heads for 1.00.
The Vivi Nova cost 11.99 and comes with three coil heads. The replaceable heads are 2.50 so you would be paying 14.00 for the mini nova with two extra heads at least at GV.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
the best answer I can give you is to try a Vivi Nova Mini. Learn how to re-wick them and tear it up! That sounds all hard and stuff...

Rebuildable Visions, replaceable attys and the newer ones don't crack. Both these and the Vivi Nova are made from same kind of polycarb, aren't they?

I guess that's why Vivi Nova also offers threaded replacement tanks made of either metal or plastic. Note below item when purchasing says: It is recommended not to use any Citrus or Cinnamon flavored e-liquids in the clear plastic tube unit.

Vivi holds more juice.
The top of the coil head has a seal that presses firmly against the screw-on top when closed on both items.
Both come with replacement heads with attys in different ohms.
Both allow you to take apart entire device for cleaning (the new vision clearos entire post screws out of bottom) and both allow you to change elements (even center posts for the clearo).
Both of the tank have been made stronger/better and less prone to leaching.

I don't know about vent holes and silicone seals......but unless the tanks are made out of completely different plastic, I'm not seeing a HUGE difference.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread