Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
I just got a Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail flashback :D

HAH!!!

On a more serious note, you may have to actually chip some of the funk off of the coils before you start burning... and to prevent coils from getting this bad, you just need to maintain them... I do hot water rinses and mini dry burns every week or 2... keeps the atty from really gunking up and really brings the flavor of your juice back! I've had atties go months and months with this kind of maintenance.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I am the atty killer- doesn't seem to matter if I clean them, dry burn them or boil them.
I have limited success with using a sonic cleaner after a soak in PGA and in the sonic cleaner either with PGA (or if I run out, white vinegar). I had a pile of 20 or so attys tonight (about a month's worth of bad attys for me)- I go through about 6ml of juice a day. I also run warm water though them all about once every 3-4 days. Tonight, I ohmed them all...usually the ones that don't ohm at all are dead and I just toss them. Sometimes those that are starting to increase in ohms, by cleaning and then dry burning will bring the ohms down to a usable level, but not usually. I tend to use LR 510 attys and vaping on them with VG juice (like I do) is just hard on them. I'm waiting for a good rebuildable atty to use with my Reos. So, after tonight I have about 12 or so that are still working after cleaning 20- that ain't too bad. I separate them out and those that ohm at 2.4 or so to 3.5 (even though they started as either LR or regular (2.3ohm) attys) I use on my variable volt Reo at higher voltage- they don't last but a day or so usually, but I can still get a little life out of them. Those that ohm correctly after cleaning could last me a week or even a month- just depends. Seems quality control is just poor on especially LR attys. I like EM LR attys (cause they're cheap and vape good! and it doesn't kill me when I kill one) and Joye regular resistant attys for my VV Reo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread