My battery gets warm when I pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanarkhan

Dec 30, 2019
Today I bought my first RDA because buying new coils was getting to expensive for me.
I watched a lot of YouTube Videos about making your own coils, how to change the cotton etc.

Well, I changed the cotton in my dripper just a few mins ago and noticed that my mod (Revenger X) got warm.
Kinda like holding a piece of metal in your hand for a long time.

I noticed it after dripping some liquid in, pulsing the fire-button to let the liquid soak in, pulse it again, drip more liquid onto the coils, pulsing it again.

Do I have to replace my mod or is that totally common?

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Today I bought my first RDA because buying new coils was getting to expensive for me.
I watched a lot of YouTube Videos about making your own coils, how to change the cotton etc.

Well, I changed the cotton in my dripper just a few mins ago and noticed that my mod (Revenger X) got warm.
Kinda like holding a piece of metal in your hand for a long time.

I noticed it after dripping some liquid in, pulsing the fire-button to let the liquid soak in, pulse it again, drip more liquid onto the coils, pulsing it again.

Do I have to replace my mod or is that totally common?
Good choice on going to rebuildables.

Maybe this isn't what you meant, but: Regardless of the build, I would never pulse the fire button to let the juice soak in. I'd make sure it's fully saturated before touching the power. Any fibers that are dry when you apply heat will scorch the wick, and it can't recover from that. When juicing a fresh wick on an rta/rda, it doesn't take long to soak in fully, but be patient. It'll only take about a minute, on an open coil/wick.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Like others, I need more info. What RDA is it? Single or dual coil(s)? 0.2 ohms is what the mod shows? Did you even see what the mod shows? Always start lower watts and gradually work your way up. What material is the coil(s)? Kanthal (also called A1) Nichrome (Ni80), Stainless steel (ss316l) or Titanium? The mod feels warm (at the top where the RDA connects)?

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
My best guess so far is that your RDA is getting much hotter than your tank. This is normal as in a tank the atomizer chamber is surrounded by eliquid which cools and insulates it. This heat is then inducted into your mod, and you mod becomes noticeably hot.
Maybe the 'pulsing' you spoke of is increasing the amount of residual heat in the atomizer, as it may be increasing the actual number of seconds the coils are heated during a given period of time as opposed to the tank.
Having said that, at the wattage levels you are using this seems unlikely to me, but it's the best scenario I can come up with based on the information at hand. Can you retest to eliminate the possibility that what you are experiencing is not just psychosomatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread