• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My battle so far with customs / Health Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuclearbroccoli

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2011
In the West
HC is continuing their refusal. This time, their excuse is that liquid nicotine in a bottled form is not exempted from schedule F. It is considered a drug and requires prescription for entry into the county. The liaison office is washing their hands at this point and cannot provide further support. Without a lawyer this will not go further. I would imagine the best course at this time would be a class action against HC to have it resolved once and for all.

Does the rules actually specify a particular form that the nicotine must be in, or are they just making that up in the hope you'll go away?

CityLights

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Last time I flew back from the states I got one of those Tsa notices in my luggage over a brick of cheese I had in my checked luggage. I can understand why though. Under the scanner it would have had the same size and consistency of a nice piece of explosives. I actually even expected it.

OMG! Do you realize how dangerous Cheese is?

The Great Norwegian Cheese Fire of 2013

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Are you the only one that has had their juice taken? There must be others. It would be easier to fight as a group.

I know for a time the USPS was watching packages from Canada because they wanted to stop people from importing prescriptions ("not safe" whatever). It was a whack-a-mole game. People ordered in small seperate quanities and 1 out of 10 or so were seized. Importing for personal use was legal, technically, and possible to physically bring scripts over the border. A crazy waste of time and money for everyone.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Are you the only one that has had their juice taken? There must be others. It would be easier to fight as a group.

I know for a time the USPS was watching packages from Canada because they wanted to stop people from importing prescriptions ("not safe" whatever). It was a whack-a-mole game. People ordered in small seperate quanities and 1 out of 10 or so were seized. Importing for personal use was legal, technically, and possible to physically bring scripts over the border. A crazy waste of time and money for everyone.

CityLights

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I also had HC seize 8 x 30ml bottles from the US before returning them to the sender (to which I had to authorize or it would be destroyed). Argued it up and down and told them it was unconstitutional unless there was a form of exemption, I was importing as a citizen for personal use not a business.. Their solution, apply for a SAP exemption. The problem I see with a SAP application is it's for End of Life type situations for unregulated and untested drugs in Canada.

Special Access Programme - Drugs <--HC link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread