My birthday presnt to myself! SUPER STOKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will for sure. I've been using a V2 with the ZigZag flavors, but I am still smoking analogs. The juice tends to come out the hole in the bottom a bit and burns my tongue. And if I inhale I cough, just once, but a cough none the less. Really hoping the Triton can finally do the trick for me. and thanks for the birthday wishes! I'll be 34 on Dec. 1st. lol

Last edited:

James C

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Northern NJ
18 should be perfect. I made the mistake of ordering too high at first, 24. Logic was I needed something strong to get off analogs and I won't vape too much... wrong! I think most ppl make that same mistake! I was getting like heart palpitations lol. I switched to 18 mg. 12 is too light for me. I prefer 16, but a lot of vendors don't do custom and I'm too lazy to tweak it. But DIY in the near future... prob not but I should lol. Ohh yeah I used to smoke Parliament. But yeah u should be ok with 18. Let us know how it pans out.

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
i don't get juice in my mouth, but sometimes I get a little condensation, I don't actually mind it. it's like little pin ......, it's not an unpleasant feeling. but I guess not everyone would like it. it doesn't always taste the greatest though, but it's such a small amount. If it builds up, you just blot the mouth piece on a tissue, and there are two air holes, sometime they get a little moisture in them, I just blow through them, or blow into the mouth piece without pressing the button.

and re the smokes, there are lots of chemicals in tobacco smoke, and nicotine isn't the only addictive one. also, when you inhale a smoke, it takes 8 seconds for the nicotine to hit the brain, whereas with vapers, it takes a minute, depending on technique.
so if you feel like a smoke, and think the vaper just won't cut it, vape for like 10 minutes, then decide if you need a smoke. also experiment with different inhalation techniques.
if you're working up to quitting the smokes, look forward to some really positive side effects, like taste and smell improving, lung capacity improving. I used to be puffed climbing a mates stairs to get to his flat, used to collapse into a chair when i finally made it almost choking to dead. now, not even breathing heavy when i get to the top.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Congrats and you'll love the iredesence colors..it's gorgeous! I have 3 of them ;). Not sure what flavors you chose, but be sure to really shake them up before using. And not sure what tanks you picked but just remember there's a slight learning curve so if something doesn't seem right, be sure to post on here and we can try to help.

Also, if you got reg Triton tanks, be sure and let the wicks soak for like 10 minutes, maybe some dry primes too, before vaping to avoid dry hits! Other than that....

HAPPY BDAY :bday::bday::bday:

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
Congrats on the Triton. It's an excellent tool to help finally rid yourself of cigarettes. Through my own personal experience and analyzing what people have said here on ECF, I've come to the conclusion that giving up cigarettes for good depends on 3 factors (in no particular order)...

Having the right equipment
Having the right juices
Getting the nicotine strength right

If any one of those are off, it'll be a struggle. Some easily make the switch with cig-alikes and cartomizers. I couldn't. Some can use an ego-style battery and clearomizers (I can), and some need a mod and a specific type of tank.

As for the juices, if you're not completely satisfied after a vape session, you've got the wrong juice and/or strength. I dropped my nic level and just couldn't vape enough. Then my tastebuds changed and I started tasting things in my juices that I didn't like and hadn't tasted before. That caused me to go back to 3-4 cigarettes a day. Not the end of the world, but not exactly what I'm after. I found a new all day vape, but I'm waiting for the USPS to deliver it. Hopefully I'll be cigarette-free by Monday night.

The reason why I posted all of this is simply don't beat yourself up if you don't get it right the first, second, third, etc. time. If you get it right early on and things change in 6 months, it's not the end of the world. Just don't dismiss vaping altogether if you don't get it right from day one. There's more than enough gear and juices out there.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
You should be fine with 18mg/ml if you are used to full flavor Camels. I was rolling my own full flavor menthol tobacco with Premier menthol filters and a Top-O-Matic machine. Then I switched to the Halo Triton. HAVE NOT SMOKED SINCE. Not one. 24mg/ml was just too strong for me. You are starting at the correct nic strength, IMO. Hope you put down the Camels for good!

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I bought the iridescent plus the tobaccoo sample for my birthday as well.

(Cinder Ella, how about a birthday special. The Iridescent plus a sample pack, and if it's your birthday, toss in a 7ml gratis)

You know what the best present is? The fact that you have taken steps that will most likely result in many more birthdays.

(Unless you get between AngiBe and her beloved VooDoo)

Yea.. I'm hoping to kick the Camels for good. The V2 is okayyy, but I still feel like I want a regular cig. The carts I'm using are 18mg nicotine.. I think it's just the e-juice quality in them.. It's very "burny" Like.. Just has a little bit of taste and mostly just burns my mouth. It doesn't TASTE burnt.. It's just hot. Plus, where I work they just started allowing us to bring our e-cigs, but we are not allowed to bring our chargers, extra batteries, extra carts or anything. (I work in a prison as a CO) So with the V2 battery it inevitably ends up dying and I'm stuck with regular cigs for the rest of the day.. That's why I went with the 650 mah batteries. I'm really looking forward to getting it! The flavors I'm getting in my sample pack are Tribeca, Turkish Tobacco, SubZero, Malibu, Kringle’s Curse, and Belgian Cocoa.. :D

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
with the tanks, you get more flavour, more vapour and a bigger throat hit.

the 1300mah batteries are in inch longer, they don't fit in the moulded space in the case, but you can lay it diagonally on top. I just recently took the foam mould out so I can fit in more batteries and tanks.

If you decide you like triton and want to stick with it, but extra triton usb chargers, keep one in the case, one on you desk at work (if you could) one upstairs, one downstairs. Since you can't go to the local 711 to pick up a charger if one dies or you leave it somewhere, you want a few spares. I have 3 of them myself.

Buy some 2.2 ohm replacement coils, you won't need them for a month or two though, so no rush. and buy extra tanks, I have 6 tanks, each with a different flavour.

The darker the liquid, the more often you have to wash the tank. the belgian cocoa is yummy, but is more work to keep a nice vape than tribeca. because the wicks get blocked up and need a good clean and soak.

I personally don't like subzero by itself, but I add it to other flavours for a mix up. I might put some into a tank that has midnight apple already in it to give it a boost in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread