North Carolina, USA
You need some....

oz-1ozium8ozoriginal.jpg

FsckCigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
PA
Congrats on getting off the cigs, and welcome to the forum from a fellow noob. Yep, the car smell is surprising, isn't it? Soon you'll be able to smell the smoke on people's clothes too...and probably think to yourself "wow, did I really smell like that too?" heh. I always thought people were exaggerating when they told me I smelled like smoke...apparently they weren't!

Trucapri

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
North Carolina
It'll subside in a few weeks but if you want to hurry it up, or until you get it detailed, try putting a few pieces of charcoal on a paper towel in the footboard when you park it for overnight. Charcoal will absorb some strong odors! Then for a little added touch, tuck a few dryer sheets between the seats.
Congratulations!!! You'll be smelling many wonderful, and as you've already discovered, some not so wonderful, scents you've never taken notice of!

kfig

Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Myrtle Beach, SC
Same thing happened to me. I've been smoke free for 3 days now. Went out today and cleaned my whole car. Added some baking soda in a paper towel under the drivers seat and sprayed a lot of febreeze. Hopefully tomorrow It will be smelling clean. I also used lysol wipes on all of the interior, where the cupholders are etc. I washed anything removable in the house with soap and water and Im hoping that will do the trick. Id try it yourself before you do a detail job,

Kristin

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
First, you need to completely clean out your car. Take everything out, vaccuum, wipe down the windows and solid surfaces. Next, take some baking soda and sprinkle it EVERYWHERE YOU CAN REACH! Let it sit for as long as you have time. Preferably overnight, or even a couple days. After that, vaccuum your car again to get the baking soda out.

If the scent persists do it all over again. If you can still smell it. Fabreez all the fabric in your car, and put some baking soda in a little dish, preferably with a lid that you can punch holes in. Or even those fridge/freezer packs, those would be perfect actually. Throw a couple of those in your car and leave them until the smell goes away. It'll go away eventually.

PumaSpeed

Feb 7, 2012
Illinois
Glad to hear your sense of smell is returning! I also noticed that the taste of foods is getting stronger and better :)
I used dryer sheets, cheaper than a detail, and you get plenty in a box. Also used a couple of those air freshners that you stick in the vents, and also sprayed the interior down with a few products too, febreeze, lysol, automotive interior spray. lol After a couple of days, smells fresh and clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread