Status
Not open for further replies.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
So I received my first Reo one year ago, during that time she has vaped like a beast and never skipped a beat.

Here she is the on the day I ripped her out of the hands of my terrified postman:

It was love at first vape and she was figuratively glued to my hand for the next seven months solid (Until I got my second Reo). I loved her so much that she started to show it as she started changing colors and went from a glorious shiny copper vein to a more understated hue:

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I got the urge to change things up a bit. I stripped her down and went to town with some sandpaper. After that she took a much deserved trip to the spa and got freshened up, bought some jewlery, and had a little bit of liposuction. I got her back a couple of weeks ago and I have to say that the old girl has never looked better! Plus now I can spy on/blind people with my Reo. :)

So here she is, one year old and looking better than ever!

A huge THANK YOU goes out to the main man Rob for kicking out such an awesome device and being the coolest dude around!

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Thanks guys! It was actually my first time ever trying to polish metal to a mirror finish, so I was definitely pleased with the outcome. Actually the polishing was the easy part. Getting all of that powder coat off was the biggest PITA of the whole job, so I can definitely attest to how durable the copper vein finish is.:laugh:

Until this it had been relegated to back up duty for my LP Emerald green but now the tables have turned and Greeny sits at my desk giving me the stink eye.

Between the new contacts, being LP'ed, and the new finish my Reo IS better than the day I got her! It's actually crazy thinking back on it, Rob has come up with so many improvements and goodies for us all in just the past year alone. It's no wonder why I'll never vape anything else.

P.S. Please excuse the dirty finger nails in the pics, I had just finished destroying that shrub behind it. :laugh:

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
Looks great, DT! I reconditioned a VV grand. A few days this was one ugly, beat up, dead-in-the-water VV. It was red with a blue door.

I striped the paint and gave it a brushed satin finish (with steel wool). I then sent it to the porcupine spa for a much needed make over. Rob converted it to a mechanical, installed a new 510, a blem door, made it LP and filled the hole where the fire button was. Couldn't be happier.
P7302169_zps378fbe7d.jpg
[/IMG]

P7302170_zps61054074.jpg
[/IMG]

P7302171_zps0fbcfe7f.jpg
[/IMG]

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
Thanks guys! It was actually my first time ever trying to polish metal to a mirror finish, so I was definitely pleased with the outcome. Actually the polishing was the easy part. Getting all of that powder coat off was the biggest PITA of the whole job, so I can definitely attest to how durable the copper vein finish is.:laugh:

Until this it had been relegated to back up duty for my LP Emerald green but now the tables have turned and Greeny sits at my desk giving me the stink eye.

Between the new contacts, being LP'ed, and the new finish my Reo IS better than the day I got her! It's actually crazy thinking back on it, Rob has come up with so many improvements and goodies for us all in just the past year alone. It's no wonder why I'll never vape anything else.

P.S. Please excuse the dirty finger nails in the pics, I had just finished destroying that shrub behind it. :laugh:

How did you remove the powder coat?

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
800 grit wet sandpaper and elbow grease. :)

I didn't want any chemical paint stripper anywhere near my 510 or feed tube.

I hear ya. I did use citristrip to take mine off. It sure made it easy. I wouldn't have used chemical strip but for the fact that I knew that I'd be getting a new 510 and feed tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread