My dog ate my juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
The lethal dose of PG in 50% of dogs is 9 milliliter per kilogram. "The oral LD50 of PG in dogs is ~9 mL/kg." So you're talking about a little over 1/3 of a cup of PG per 2.2 pounds of dog........if you have a Pomeranian or Chihuahua, I'd call the vet.:)

I assumed a large dog for some reason.

80/20 vg/pg (stated). 30ml (guessing from statement). 24ml would be glycerol (VG). 6 ml PG. In glycerol 25g to 20ml.

25% higher in grams per ml. 24 ml is 30g glycerol which is over 1000g/kg for ld50 (I don't remember the number but it is much higher). Chihuahuas are usually more than 2lb so we'll say 1kg. No probem there.

You have the ml instead of gram on PG and this should be well below the 9.

If only one dog ate the entire 30ml I think it should be okay. Maybe a bit sick in the way others have mentioned. Dehydration may be an issue for a small to medium size dog.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Awesome...and my dog literally just got over the ....s... Live and learn I guess.

And ya spent your time on da WeAreNotYourVet forum? Sorry, but...
LMAO.gif

Hope your dog forgives ya.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
Dehydration may be an issue for a small to medium size dog.

^^^^That's the only thing I'd be concerned with, which could be alleviated with sq injections of sterile water. If there was an allergic reaction to the VG/PG or flavoring, the worse would be anaphylactic shock within 15 minutes...........which we can pretty much figure didn't happen:p

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
And ya spent your time on da WeAreNotYourVet forum? Sorry, but...
LMAO.gif

Hope your dog forgives ya.

May I humbly point out that while you've been here your dog has been stuck up a tree for nearly three years and looks like he may have a severe crook in his neck. At least he's keeping an eye on the USPS. :toast: to Snoopy!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Vaping near a dog or a cat is not an issue. Eating juice is bad for cats.

I think some cats have a sesitivity to the PG or VG. Some. There was a thread recently about it. There is also a catnip juice from Alice in Vapeland that cats tend to go a bit nuts over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread