My e-liquid turned from almost clear to yellow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdubbie

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas
Hello,

Don't know that i have experienced this before so I thought I ask.

I bought 30 ML of tobacco flavored e-liquid 8 days ago. I have vaped about half of it and the other half has been sitting in my house the entire time. I just noticed that now the color is closer to yellow, and when I first got it, it was almost clear.

Does that mean that it's steeped and now better or is something bad going on?

Composition is 16mg Nic, 50/50.

Thanks

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hello,

Don't know that i have experienced this before so I thought I ask.

I bought 30 ML of tobacco flavored e-liquid 8 days ago. I have vaped about half of it and the other half has been sitting in my house the entire time. I just noticed that now the color is closer to yellow, and when I first got it, it was almost clear.

Does that mean that it's steeped and now better or is something bad going on?

Composition is 16mg Nic, 50/50.

Thanks

Try doing an ECF Google search for Oxidation.

That is probably what is Going on with your e-Liquid.

kdubbie

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Dallas
Thanks a lot for the feedback ... Very helpful information

Is it in a clear bottle? Exposure to light darkens nicotine. Mine will darken after being in a clearo tank for a while, but what is in cobalt blue or brown bottles doesn't.

It's in a clear bottle that sits in my office. There's one window and it doesn't get too bright in there.

Division Bells - I know that - actually saw the concert in Dallas - both nites.

Insanely jealous here ... Division bell is an awesome concert, only seen videos.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Nicotine acts like a sliced apple exposed to the air when it comes to being exposed to light - perfectly normal and fine, it just gets brown, doesn't affect the nic otherwise. Many flavors do that as well - just try letting clear chocolate sit out on the counter for a week - it's dark chocolate then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread