The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My e-liquid turned from almost clear to yellow?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by kdubbie, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kdubbie

kdubbie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2013
    Dallas
    Hello,

Don't know that i have experienced this before so I thought I ask.

I bought 30 ML of tobacco flavored e-liquid 8 days ago. I have vaped about half of it and the other half has been sitting in my house the entire time. I just noticed that now the color is closer to yellow, and when I first got it, it was almost clear.

Does that mean that it's steeped and now better or is something bad going on?

Composition is 16mg Nic, 50/50.

Thanks

2. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

Is it in a clear bottle? Exposure to light darkens nicotine. Mine will darken after being in a clearo tank for a while, but what is in cobalt blue or brown bottles doesn't.

3. Fizzpop

Fizzpop Super Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2013
    United States
    The nicotine in juices causes them to darken as they age. Heat and light will accelerate this process. Your juice is fine. Just store it in a cool, dark place.

4. john333

john333 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Division Bells - I know that - actually saw the concert in Dallas - both nites.

It a natural thing for your liquids to become darker over time. Your right, its just steeping. Flavors will become darker but never lighter.

5. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Try doing an ECF Google search for Oxidation.

That is probably what is Going on with your e-Liquid.

6. kdubbie

kdubbie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2013
    Dallas
    Thanks a lot for the feedback ... Very helpful information

It's in a clear bottle that sits in my office. There's one window and it doesn't get too bright in there.

Insanely jealous here ... Division bell is an awesome concert, only seen videos.

7. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

Any type of light will darken nicotine- not just sunlight.
    You'd be surprised at what light can do to certain products. Kevlar turns from bright yellow to almost brown after exposure to light- be it natural or fluorescent.

8. BlueMoods

BlueMoods Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2010
    USA - Arkansas
    Nicotine acts like a sliced apple exposed to the air when it comes to being exposed to light - perfectly normal and fine, it just gets brown, doesn't affect the nic otherwise. Many flavors do that as well - just try letting clear chocolate sit out on the counter for a week - it's dark chocolate then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.