My eGo-T just got here and I'm sooo excited and frustrated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumSchema

Aug 5, 2011
Tampa, FL
Man oh man!

I got my eGo-T today from Liberty-Flights!!! Great packaging!!! I love doing the "box opening" ceremony and this fulfilled my box opening desire thing I have.

Now, I've got all 4 of my first juices in too! Black Clove (hopefully they taste like Djarum's), Highway Tobacco, Chocolate Mint, and Cappacino. I can't wait to start putting those tanks to use.

So... my frustration isn't with anything that Joye or Liberty-Flights did, it's with my impatience. LoL I don't wanna wait for 8 hours for the initial charge like suggested. I just wanna go straight to vaping! LoL I'll do it 'cause I want my batteries to be long lived but seeing that sleek eGo on the charger and all those juices is making me go crazy!

Till it's charged, I'll be stuck on analogs. :-(

Overall, I'm sooooo stoked though!!

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I'm not positive, but I suspect you can start using whatever battery you have on the charger now, and start charging the second battery.

As I understand it, ego type batteries don't have the kind of "memory" that older cell phone batteries used to have. And I don't think most newer cell phone batteries have it either.

When I bought my ego (from a brick-n-mortar store) they came with an 80% charge. That meant I could start using one right away, while I brought the other battery up to a full charge.

CBB

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
You can vape as soon as the light on the charger is steady green, the deep charging that most people believe is necessary for rechargeable batteries is not needed for lithium batteries, as soon as it says it is fully charged the charger stops adding charge, there is a very small maintenance charge but it does not "deepen" the charge.

Also you do not need to discharge until the battery stops performing before recharging, actually recharging before the low limit makes lithium batteries last longer.

QuantumSchema

Aug 5, 2011
Tampa, FL
Well I'm glad you two posted! I love this place. Responses are so fast that quick decisions can be made.

So it's 6:54pm as I write this. I got home about ~5:20pm and ripped my package open to stare in awe at my new eGo. I plugged one of the bats up right away expecting the 8 hour charge deal. I posted my question here 6:35pm, ate dinner, went outside to smoke my last analog, read Baldr's post my phone, and came back in. And then BAM! The light turned green on the charger!

I ran over to my laptop to refresh the thread and saw CBB's post. It all made complete sense. How could it deep charge if it stops charging when the green light comes on.

Thanks for the quick replies Baldr and CBB!

So anyway, the light's green and if someone else doesn't post with a "Woa! Don't do it!", I'm gonna start fillin' up some tanks and get to vapin'!!!! :D

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Do it! Do it!

Different people go about it different ways, and vaping *isn't* the same as smoking. IMO, that "last cigarette" you smoked earlier doesn't have to be the last. I do see a lot of posts from people here who bought a vaporizer and never smoked again, but I've had mine about 3 weeks, and I still smoke a little. Not much at all, compared to the 3+ packs a day I smoked before, but I still have a few cigs every day.

Even if I never quit, and always smoke a few a day, that's still far better than I was, and I'd consider it a huge success. What I expect is that over the next few weeks, I'll drop the cigs completely.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Forgot to mention - the forums here are great. You've got a whole community of people who want to help you quit smoking and enjoy vaping. And almost all of them are ex smokers who failed with other attempts to stop smoking, and found success with a vaporizer.

It's sort of like finding religion. You want to tell other people about it, you want to help them quit, just like you quit.

I've never, ever, posted a question here without a quick response from someone.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Day-um son! Get that puppy vaping and get back here with a report...
45.gif

Satoh

Aug 10, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
My first post but I'll add a $0.2
I'm on my 8th day analog free and I switched instantly.
Make sure you don't overdose nic. From day 3 till yesterday I had racing heart so bad I thought I will pass out lol. I blamed my instant switch but GLAD that I found this forums. Read a bit and understood dosage. Today I feel absolutely great. No neg symtoms whatsoever.
Good luck :)

Iffy said:
Day-um son! Get that puppy vaping and get back here with a report...
I'm already vap--

Oh. You meant him. Sorry.

LoL You guys are too funny! :laugh:

So, my initial report is as follows:

So, my first hand picked juice ever that I'm using is MadVape's Chocolate Mint that I bought based off of Mindfield's recomendation in another post (at least I think it was Mindfield). It's soooo delicous!!!! It taste's like thin mints and not too over flavored at all! I've got 3 other flavors I've gotta try but I'll take my time.

For the rest, bear in mind my first and only PV before the eGo was a $20 nJoy. The eGo-T... my first few hits were kind of depressing. The nJoy had way better throat hit and flavor. But...... now that I'm on like my 30th hit or something (i'm not really keeping track but it's not long after starting), the throat hits and flavor are really starting to happen! As she breaks in it gets better and better. Now this isn't the uber-clouds of vape that I'm imagining I'll get from my EMDCCs as soon as I choose an "all-day" vape but they're perfect for what I wanted the tanks for... testing flavors. Filling these tanks up are an absolute breeze! I also haven't had any leak issue while inhaling or anything.

So, my first impression is... I love it and it'll get better as she gets broken in.

KJT2011

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
USA
Man oh man!

I got my eGo-T today from Liberty-Flights!!! Great packaging!!! I love doing the "box opening" ceremony and this fulfilled my box opening desire thing I have.

Now, I've got all 4 of my first juices in too! Black Clove (hopefully they taste like Djarum's), Highway Tobacco, Chocolate Mint, and Cappacino. I can't wait to start putting those tanks to use.

So... my frustration isn't with anything that Joye or Liberty-Flights did, it's with my impatience. LoL I don't wanna wait for 8 hours for the initial charge like suggested. I just wanna go straight to vaping! LoL I'll do it 'cause I want my batteries to be long lived but seeing that sleek eGo on the charger and all those juices is making me go crazy!

Till it's charged, I'll be stuck on analogs. :-(

Overall, I'm sooooo stoked though!!

I actually just got my kit today as well and it only took about 30 mins for each battery to charge, they came almost fully charged.

count dragula

Jul 9, 2011
NoVA
... As she breaks in it gets better and better. ...
Oops. Did anyone warn you to wash the manufacturing residues out of the atty? ;)

It'll get much better flavor after you've burned that off.

I didn't cut out analogs completely after I started vaping. I was doing 2-3 packs a day before.
Now I'm almost through the pack I opened seven weeks ago. :D
(It's pretty stale by now.)

Renrav

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
Atlanta, GA
If you're serious about quitting analogs just make sure to keep plenty of supplies handy. My first e-cig was a cheap 510 from a gas station. It still helped me quit though, because I wanted to anyway. After just over a month completely analog-free I relapsed once I ran out of cartridges. I got just one pack because I was stressed at work, then just one more, then just one for the weekend, etc. Then I got my eGo passthrough and haven't looked back. I've got plenty of juice now though, to avoid another relapse. I'm enjoying being a non-smoker.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
So, my first hand picked juice ever that I'm using is MadVape's Chocolate Mint that I bought based off of Mindfield's recomendation in another post (at least I think it was Mindfield). It's soooo delicous!!!! It taste's like thin mints and not too over flavored at all! I've got 3 other flavors I've gotta try but I'll take my time.

Yep, that was me. Good, innit? Surprised the hell out of me given that I wasn't really very enthused about most of the rest of the juices I tried from them. But damn did that chocolate mint hit the spot. The mint chocolate chip I recently reviewed from Juicy Vapor comes pretty close too, but I think I still have to give MadVapes the edge on this one.

For the rest, bear in mind my first and only PV before the eGo was a $20 nJoy. The eGo-T... my first few hits were kind of depressing. The nJoy had way better throat hit and flavor. But...... now that I'm on like my 30th hit or something (i'm not really keeping track but it's not long after starting), the throat hits and flavor are really starting to happen! As she breaks in it gets better and better. Now this isn't the uber-clouds of vape that I'm imagining I'll get from my EMDCCs as soon as I choose an "all-day" vape but they're perfect for what I wanted the tanks for... testing flavors. Filling these tanks up are an absolute breeze! I also haven't had any leak issue while inhaling or anything.

So, my first impression is... I love it and it'll get better as she gets broken in.

Glad you're loving it! And finally vaping them, too. It's a whole 'nother experience level when you get some proper kit. But more importantly it's more satisfying, which helps you really find your zone, as it were. At least, that is, until you move up to a HV or VV mod and discover there's a whole other zone, and there's drinking and music and dancing and everybody is naked.

Wait. That might have been a dream I had. Just the same, mods definitely take it up a whole other notch. But the eGo and EMDCCs are still awesome as hell. Tanks I guess are maybe a little more geared to certain types of vapers, and you seem to be enjoying it, so that's awesome.

And yeah. Once you've sampled the flavours, think about visiting a vendor or two and trying on some sampler packs. They're great for getting a wider range of experiences without committing to a whole big bottle of something. Of course, if you find one in that sampler that really pops your clutch, you'll be a little depressed that you only have a wee bottle of it. :)

jmlott

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Marietta, GA
If you're happy with the Ego-T now, get yourself a low resistance (LR) atomiser. They are $11 at myvaporstore.com and worth every penny. I've thrown my standard attys into a drawer as emergency backups. You will get much more vapor and flavor. It's like a totally new device.

Also, you may find it easier to try out new flavors with a regular 510 atty and drip tip. If you have 5 samples you want to try right now, it's a lot easier than filling multiple tanks.

The ego-t is nice. I think you'll like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread