My ejuice tastes like injection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie vapor

Feb 15, 2016
Hi there

So I got my Kanger topbox Mini today!!
And started vaping it, say 4 hours back!

It smells like how it does when the physician swabs your arm with some liquid just before giving you an injection. :(
I got Gold premium or something. I wanted something close to the tobacco flavor and ended up with this.

Any suggestions on what ejuice I should go for the next time?

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi there

So I got my Kanger topbox Mini today!!
And started vaping it, say 4 hours back!

It smells like how it does when the physician swabs your arm with some liquid just before giving you an injection. :(
I got Gold premium or something. I wanted something close to the tobacco flavor and ended up with this.

Any suggestions on what ejuice I should go for the next time?

Congrats on your new setup!

Two things, first, tobacco flavor ejuices are notorious for NOT hitting the mark and tasting bad. You might want to think about getting something that doesn't sound too weird for you if you are just now trying to kick the smokes.

Second, did you wash out the atomizer before filling it?

Newbie vapor

Feb 15, 2016
Congrats on your new setup!

Two things, first, tobacco flavor ejuices are notorious for NOT hitting the mark and tasting bad. You might want to think about getting something that doesn't sound too weird for you if you are just now trying to kick the smokes.

Second, did you wash out the atomizer before filling it?

Umm nooo, I didn't wash it. Was I supposed to?
I just used it from the bubble wrapped pack that it came in. Ughh :unsure:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Yuck! That's alcohol, by the way, the doctor uses on your arm. I don't like tobacco juices, myself. Let me suggest you go to your local B&M shop. Most of them have juice tasting bars. Try some, maybe buy some. But that'll give you a hint about what you might like to try. I personally prefer fruits and spices.

Newbie vapor

Feb 15, 2016
Yuck! That's alcohol, by the way, the doctor uses on your arm. I don't like tobacco juices, myself. Let me suggest you go to your local B&M shop. Most of them have juice tasting bars. Try some, maybe buy some. But that'll give you a hint about what you might like to try. I personally prefer fruits and spices.

Juice tasting bars sound good!! I'll try finding one around me!!
The next ejuice I get, I'm plunging into fruits.

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
Some juices contain alcohol, which might explain why you are smelling it. I don't think it would contain that much alcohol that you would be able to smell it thought.

Anyways. you wanted a recommendation on ejuice. Only thing I would recommend is to make your own juice. It cost me like $1-$1.5 to make my own compared to the $10-$20 the store charges.

Beeker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2015
Oklahoma
Always wash your equipment when new (except for the coil). Let it dry THOROUGHLY before vaping. Chlorine/chloramine are usually present in common tap water and I wouldn't want that in MY lungs. I clean pre installed Coils too using cheap Vodka and soaking for 30 minutes...let them dry thoroughly as well -- unless you take 'em fresh out of their individual package then they're OK. Don't use any alcohol you can't drink to clean anything.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Go to your local vape shop and taste a few flavors. Ask them about about any presteeped eliquids that they carry. Since you are just starting out and probably do not have a few bottles of eliquid on hand, presteeped will be ready to vape straight out of the bottle. Plain fruit flavors are also usually ready to vape with minimal, if any, steeping.

As far as your tobacco eliquid goes, put it away in a cool, dark place for a while to steep. I have also read that some vapers like to take the cap off the bottle for a short period of time to help evaporate the alcohol smell and taste.

Don't forget to shake the bottle well every time you fill or top off your tank.

Cobra313

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2015
Michigan, Near Detroit
Washing them is a good idea when you first get them.
Ouch. [emoji37] wish someone would have told me that before I started using this one. I just filled it up put a coil on it and put cotton in the coil and started puffing away didn't notice any weird taste or anything. I use a KangerTech subtank Plus

Oops. [emoji15]

Sent from my Galaxy S6 - posting from the bed baby!

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
Ouch. [emoji37] wish someone would have told me that before I started using this one. I just filled it up put a coil on it and put cotton in the coil and started puffing away didn't notice any weird taste or anything. I use a KangerTech subtank Plus

Oops. [emoji15]

A lot of attys come with machine oil and other stuff in them. Some are clean as a whistle.

It's best to wash them out regardless. Just make sure they are super dry once you screw onto the vape.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.

Oops. [emoji15]

Sorry. When you empty the tank, take the coil out and set it aside, then wash and dry all the other parts.

Reactions: Newbie vapor

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
Some juices contain alcohol, which might explain why you are smelling it. I don't think it would contain that much alcohol that you would be able to smell it thought.

Anyways. you wanted a recommendation on ejuice. Only thing I would recommend is to make your own juice. It cost me like $1-$1.5 to make my own compared to the $10-$20 the store charges.
He is right on the cost of doing DIY. Now is not the time it will make your head spin. Focus on the mod. Now you have a good setup, but here are some first time tips:
1.) Wash you tanks.
2.) With Kanger they give you Orings. Always replace your orings with Kanger. You will find that the tank leaks right off the bat with new products. Do not ask why I do not know. I just know that with my tanks (I own four.) I replace the orings in all my tanks before first use.
3.) Fiddle with your wattage setting to get the vape quality in flavor and production that you want.
4.) Juices: Find what is suitable for you. All juices are different as are people! Find what makes you want to vape instead of smoke. That will help immensely.
5.) You may need to up your NIC level to 12% or 6% to kick the habit. Then you eventually work your way down to 3% and 0%.

Good luck in your adventure!

Reactions: Newbie vapor

Cobra313

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2015
Michigan, Near Detroit
He is right on the cost of doing DIY. Now is not the time it will make your head spin. Focus on the mod. Now you have a good setup, but here are some first time tips:
1.) Wash you tanks.
2.) With Kanger they give you Orings. Always replace your orings with Kanger. You will find that the tank leaks right off the bat with new products. Do not ask why I do not know. I just know that with my tanks (I own four.) I replace the orings in all my tanks before first use.
3.) Fiddle with your wattage setting to get the vape quality in flavor and production that you want.
4.) Juices: Find what is suitable for you. All juices are different as are people! Find what makes you want to vape instead of smoke. That will help immensely.
5.) You may need to up your NIC level to 12% or 6% to kick the habit. Then you eventually work your way down to 3% and 0%.

Good luck in your adventure!
I'm using the O-rings that were on it when I got it and it never leaked and I'm running a KangerTech subtank plus. I Musta got lucky. [emoji11] [emoji54] [emoji50] [emoji18]

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
I'm using the O-rings that were on it when I got it and it never leaked and I'm running a KangerTech subtank plus. I Musta got lucky. [emoji11] [emoji54] [emoji50] [emoji18]

I have had everyone of my four do it. So just a tip.

Cobra313

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2015
Michigan, Near Detroit
In fact, the only time this KangerTech leaked is when I did something stupid. [emoji54]

You know that little round piece that screws down on top of the rebuildable element that goes in the KangerTech? you know the one with the hole in it where the tank screws down onto it that covers the cotton up and leaves a little hole for air to go where you puff on it? [emoji50]

I forgot to screw that back down on there. Well, two things happened: first of all, I got a mouthful hot stuff which tasted like I don't know what. [emoji37]

I would say what it tasted like, but, I don't want to get in trouble with the moderators around here and it leaked out of the air holes at on the sides of the tank like a sieve. [emoji21] [emoji31] [emoji53] [emoji54] [emoji57]

needless to say I took it apart real quick and put the cap back on it and it was fine it was a little flooded out and it took a little bit of high-powered Puffin to dry the cotton out enough to where it would work right. but other than that. it worked great. [emoji4]

Needless to say I won't be doing that again! [emoji37] [emoji44] [emoji57]

Reactions: mauricem00

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
I have 4 subtanks and never had to replace the orings to prevent leaks.they do need to be washed out when new and leaving the cap off your e-juice and letting it breath for a couple hours can get rid of any solvent taste from the flavoring. I do that with my DIY juice. some of the flavoring I use have an alcohol or solvent smell to them but it evaporates of quickly if the bottles are left open after mixing. never have found a good tobacco flavor

Reactions: YoursTruli

Cobra313

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2015
Michigan, Near Detroit
I have 4 subtanks and never had to replace the orings to prevent leaks.they do need to be washed out when new and leaving the cap off your e-juice and letting it breath for a couple hours can get rid of any solvent taste from the flavoring. I do that with my DIY juice. some of the flavoring I use have an alcohol or solvent smell to them but it evaporates of quickly if the bottles are left open after mixing. never have found a good tobacco flavor
Here's my problem with that: I have a huge nicotine addiction and I have one atomizer and 1 mod and I don't think I could wait for it to dry out.

And I think you know why. [emoji15] [emoji33] [emoji44] [emoji43] [emoji15]

Reactions: mauricem00

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
A lot of attys come with machine oil and other stuff in them. Some are clean as a whistle.

It's best to wash them out regardless. Just make sure they are super dry once you screw onto the vape.
Oh yeah. I've pulled atomizers out of the package that sometimes smelled like the inside of a crankcase, lol. Not to mention that occasionally you'll find leftover bits of metal/plastic/what not left behind from the manufacturing process.
A good bath should always be step one. You REALLY don't want to vape oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread