My experience with doctors since vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
That's awesome! Glad to see you have knowledgeable doctors! My experiences were the same! I was so nervous about telling them based on the experiences I've seen here from others! I could tell my main doc was genuinely happy for me! She'd had some experience with ecigs with a member of her own family so she highly recommends them! I've also been changed to a non smoker in my medical files!! Yippie!!!!

RogerLee

Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
Northern Nevada
A few years ago, my VA doctor was more worried about my coffee intake than my 2 PAD smoking. I was drinking 3-4 pots of coffee a workday and on the weekends, I had alot more. I drink coffee with milk (2/3 cup coffee, 1/3 milk and about 3 tablespoons of real suger) I go in for a check up monday. Be the first check up after quiting smoking and I'm drinking maybe 2-3 pots a week. Going to see what the VA docs say about ecigs.

jfango

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Salisbury MO
I have no doubt whatsoever that doctors will be on our side of things for the most part, I mean, how could they not be? They are smart enough to see the huge advantage of this over smoking analogs, and they will be a force to be reckoned with in the battle to prevent anyone from making it difficult for us to continue with this activity.

VapeDentist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
NJ
I'm a dentist and I approve this message - truth be told that there isn't much research (none at all) in the dental community about ecigs. That being said - I encourage all my smokers to quit and consider ecigs as a harm reduction device - I have vapers as patients - and vape myself and I really do see a improvement in oral health - my reaserch is evidence based in day to day practice and any dentist or dental professional that is quick to write off ecigs as bad is misinformed however because we don't have much research - i adopt the position that this is habit that is a much lesser evil than smoking and my patients are proof

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Do you really think that all the anti-vaping sentiment is just the tobacco companies' effort to preserve their business?
No absolutely not.

The anti-vaping sentiment is coming from a brain-washed public, and fed by the ANTZ and "public health" organizations.
And the ANTZ and the "public health" organizations receive large amounts of money from Big Pharma to act as their attack dogs.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Last year one of the nurses in the ER was happy and interested, asking about them for her brother.
My new GP really didn't know about them. He was happy I wasn't smoking and was cutting my nicotine. He also seemed to be clueless about nicotine and Ulcerative Colitis.
The GI was kind of happy but wanted me completely off nicotine in case it was Crohn's but it was better than smoking so she could tolerate me cutting nicotine at my own pace.

My original diagnosis was Crohn's which nicotine is not good for. Once they changed my diagnosis to UC I got the GP and the GI to both say going back on nicotine may help. Both had to be reassured I wasn't talking about smoking.
The GI already knew about nicotine and colitis, the GP must've looked it up between visits because I asked the first time and he was as skeptical as I was.

I haven't been told anything about my lungs but my chest xrays and EKG were good. But I had only been off cigarettes 1-4 months when all this was going on.
My blood pressure was down when my nicotine was low but it's back up almost every time I've checked it since increasing my nicotine, could be the nicotine, could be the drugs, could be the disease.

Later my roommate went to my GP for his first visit and mentioned ecigs, the GP became a proponent since I first went happily saying it's not the nicotine that's the problem, it's the smoke.

My first visit to the dentist's cleaning lady was good, not much to do. The second one I got a bit of a lecture, the drugs for the UC are making my gums bleed (and giving me slight nose bleeds). Drugs or not I need to brush more if there is bleeding. And I do admit with my summer of hell I wasn't doing very good in the brushing department.

stefania123

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
Los Angeles
After I bragged about not smoking yesterday, I got an irresistable urge for an analog today and bought a pack. I smoked two and they both tasted like crap. A waste of money perhaps, but I am going to throw them in the trash. It's as though every once in awhile, I have to remind myself why I started vaping.

i did the same twice since making the switch. both times felt the same as you, disgusted. dont think ill do it again.

stefania123

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm a dentist and I approve this message - truth be told that there isn't much research (none at all) in the dental community about ecigs. That being said - I encourage all my smokers to quit and consider ecigs as a harm reduction device - I have vapers as patients - and vape myself and I really do see a improvement in oral health - my reaserch is evidence based in day to day practice and any dentist or dental professional that is quick to write off ecigs as bad is misinformed however because we don't have much research - i adopt the position that this is habit that is a much lesser evil than smoking and my patients are proof

cool :) i will say my dentist said my gums have improved drastically since vaping :)

stefania123

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
Los Angeles
Last year one of the nurses in the ER was happy and interested, asking about them for her brother.
My new GP really didn't know about them. He was happy I wasn't smoking and was cutting my nicotine. He also seemed to be clueless about nicotine and Ulcerative Colitis.
The GI was kind of happy but wanted me completely off nicotine in case it was Crohn's but it was better than smoking so she could tolerate me cutting nicotine at my own pace.

My original diagnosis was Crohn's which nicotine is not good for. Once they changed my diagnosis to UC I got the GP and the GI to both say going back on nicotine may help. Both had to be reassured I wasn't talking about smoking.
The GI already knew about nicotine and colitis, the GP must've looked it up between visits because I asked the first time and he was as skeptical as I was.

I haven't been told anything about my lungs but my chest xrays and EKG were good. But I had only been off cigarettes 1-4 months when all this was going on.
My blood pressure was down when my nicotine was low but it's back up almost every time I've checked it since increasing my nicotine, could be the nicotine, could be the drugs, could be the disease.

Later my roommate went to my GP for his first visit and mentioned ecigs, the GP became a proponent since I first went happily saying it's not the nicotine that's the problem, it's the smoke.

My first visit to the dentist's cleaning lady was good, not much to do. The second one I got a bit of a lecture, the drugs for the UC are making my gums bleed (and giving me slight nose bleeds). Drugs or not I need to brush more if there is bleeding. And I do admit with my summer of hell I wasn't doing very good in the brushing department.

I hope your UC feels better Myk. <3

As for the blood pressure, mine has definitely gone down since vaping. i think it was higher because of the increased intake of carbon monoxide. i never had high blood pressure, but i did notice an increase as my smoking addiction increased. its now back to what it was 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread