The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My experience with FHP

Discussion in 'Florida Vapors Club' started by one80bysummer152, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. one80bysummer152

one80bysummer152 Full Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2009
    Largo, FL
    While driving to the beach with my family today, I rolled through a stop sign. Although I clearly saw all of the nonexistent oncoming traffic, I got stopped. After he wrote me for a seatbelt violation (yea..time to start wearing it) I asked what he thought about my Tornado. I have been paranoid that an officer would see me vaping and assume the worst. All he said was as long as it doesn't have a bowl or look like a glass stem he wouldn't stop me for it. Just a little input, in case you were wondering. Have a good day.

2. Cuco3

Cuco3 Moved On

Apr 28, 2010
    USA
    A bit OT but: that's weird that FHP would stop you outside of a highway (you said you just finished passing a stop sign?)

3. Sherrick

Sherrick Super Member ECF Veteran

I can't speak for Florida, but in Ohio and Kentucky, the State Patrol has jurisdiction on all of the roadways. Other than while in active pursuity, city cops only have jurisdiction within their town limits. County deputies only have jurisdiction in their particular counties. The state patrol's jurisdiction is any roadway in the state.

4. one80bysummer152

one80bysummer152 Full Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2009
    Largo, FL
    I had just exited the highway, and the stop sign is at the end of the ramp. It turns onto a 2 lane road that maybe sees 20 cars a day. BUT he was nice enough not to write me for the stop sign, only for a seatbelt. I'm just glad to know at least one officer won't pull me over due to suspicion for vaping while driving!

5. Orion

Orion Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    Central Florida

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.