My father owns a machine shop in usa . What could he make for you all to up his business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan29

Moved On
Feb 12, 2013
upstate ny
Located in Ny and I had an idea of him starting out with ss custom drip tips or a rebuildable atomizer

China has taken his business downhill big time and I wanted to ask what the exact measurements of an avg drip tip where the oring is seated into. Some drip tips fit and some dont on rebuildables and tanks. I was wondering what the avg exact size is where it goes into the tank.

Also what suggestions do you people have for him if he has never built a mod , drip tip , rebuildable. Before to start out in the vape community. He also prices items very very reasonable. It wont be 150 $ for a usa built rebuildable I can tell you that right now.

This can go far or nowhere. Its up to you people for his help on helping you with low cost usa prices.

Maybe draw up something on paint with some measurments for a custom drip tip you would be interested in . If he uses your design im sure theres a few bucks in it for you and some free ones. Obv dont send me your prized sketch thats worth a million dollars and expect thosands of dollars bc it will not happen. This is just for ideas. He pays the $1000s in bills each month to keep it going. Also dont expect for a usa made ss drip tip to be $6.00 like your local store sells them for because china workers work for $1 per hour. There is high overhead, tooling, $25 an hour workers etc. Which is why the provari cost difference compared to vamo is alot more.

Let me know some suggestions please and thank you

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
To be honest right now the market is overwhelmed with new products and a lot of people are looking for innovation, not just another tube mod. The Billet Box for example is a departure from the tradition mods that have been available. I really don't know what could be done in drip tips that would be new and innovative either, there are already a ton in a saturated market. Would almost have to be drip tips done in non-tradition materials like Southern Pen in ETSY does or the Bull Box Mods tips here at ECF.

Right now it seems like quite a few folks are looking for smaller mods. A machinist should be able to look at the components and figure out how to fit them into the smallest space possible. A small dual 14500 box mod made for the DNA 20 chip with a recessed connector that could fit either a 3.5 UDCT tank or small rebuildable would likely be popular.

Kopfstimmen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
I gotta say, I like my plastic drip tips. My lips won't stick to them in winter. :)
What I wouldn't mind seeing are some mod stands. I'm looking at my provari in a stupid Stryrofoam tube to keep it a little more stable, and I have a Kanger T3 on an eGo twist that likes standing on end, but it's laying on it's side (probably developing a gurgle as we speak). Have you ever tried to make an eGo stand up? You can, but the slightest jiggle makes it fall down like a drunk.
I like to put PVs in different places, so personally, I would want them built for single PVs instead of one big one. :)

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Sometimes the smallest detail item can make a difference, look at this as an example. My biggest, really my only, complaint about the ProVari was the angled top cap that left tanks overhanging the cap...looking like a sloppy fit. A simple ring and it is cured...

ring2_zps05e1711d.jpg
ring1_zpsf02272a6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread