My favorite hymn....with lights...awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
screw holiday music.....the Internet RULES!!!

"Question
Hello,

My question is regarding porcupines. My uncle was out birdwatching in Alberta a few weeks ago and as he was standing quietly, a porcupine shambled out of the bush. This porcupine was walking along, and humming to himself (or herself, I suppose, if it was a female porcupine). He actually took a video of it on his camera, and I wish I had a copy to attach to this question, because it's really quite cute. The song it was humming had distinct pitches and rhythm, in a major key, forming a discernable (but non-repeating) tune. My preliminary research online indicates that porcupines are usually silent. However, nothing I've read indicates whether porcupines are musical.

So, my question is whether the singing porcupine phenomenon has been observed elsewhere, or if there are other instances of porcupines exhibiting musical talent. "

Susie.....sorry dear....but #1 Hedgehog....not porcupine.....#2 CES already posted that one and #3.....if that was my kid I would be running out of duct tape about now....

man....that is one good looking squirrel, isn't it?

Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al

see post 16, apparently pipp doesn't count. sigh.

screw holiday music.....the Internet RULES!!!

"Question
Hello,

My question is regarding porcupines. My uncle was out birdwatching in Alberta a few weeks ago and as he was standing quietly, a porcupine shambled out of the bush. This porcupine was walking along, and humming to himself (or herself, I suppose, if it was a female porcupine). He actually took a video of it on his camera, and I wish I had a copy to attach to this question, because it's really quite cute. The song it was humming had distinct pitches and rhythm, in a major key, forming a discernable (but non-repeating) tune. My preliminary research online indicates that porcupines are usually silent. However, nothing I've read indicates whether porcupines are musical.

So, my question is whether the singing porcupine phenomenon has been observed elsewhere, or if there are other instances of porcupines exhibiting musical talent. "

Susie.....sorry dear....but #1 Hedgehog....not porcupine.....#2 CES already posted that one and #3.....if that was my kid I would be running out of duct tape about now....

man....that is one good looking squirrel, isn't it?

Answer: apparently the musicality that you thought the porcupine exhibited was only a hallucination, as there is no existing youtube documentation of singing or even humming porcupines. Hedgehogs are not only cuter, but they are obviously more musical as three are several documented instances of hedgehogs on youtube.

and yes, it is a good looking squirrel

And you can get festive duct tape for the kid.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
susie...those were not feelings.....but statements. Like this one time.....my psyciatrist looked at me and said....."your the most remarkable person I have ever met".....like an idiot I immediately said...."thank you".....he said...."it's wasn't a compliment.....just a statement". Pinkie swear.....truth.

ps....since I know you may be temporarily impaired...hehe....although that IS 100% true....I WAS trying to be funny. flickflick

Last edited:

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
susie...those were not feelings.....but statements. Like this one time.....my psyciatrist looked at me and said....."your the most remarkable person I have ever met".....like an idiot I immediately said...."thank you".....he said...."it's wasn't a compliment.....just a statement". Pinkie swear.....truth.

ps....since I know you may be temporarily impaired...hehe....although that IS 100% true....I WAS trying to be funny. flickflick

:lol:

I've got to use that one with my wife... if I survive the statement then she will die laughing! :) :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread