My first 3 days. ( LOOONG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimtooth

Mar 16, 2010
Wichita
No real point to this thread, just a quick public online diary entry. I thought maybe some folks who are thinking about ordering might like to read something like this

Friday afternoon my first PV came in the mail, a KR8 kit. I had to work at 1pm so I took the USB PT to work while the batteries charged, and purposely left my smokes at home. Puffed the PT after my shower, and in the car on the way to work. I had started with one of my 5 prefilled "Kamel" flavor Cartos, but switched it out for Coffee flavor before heading into work for the closing shift so as not to scare any co-workers.

I took a few puffs at work, but the fact I was using a PT made it difficult. I had told everyone at work what I had ordered it and a little about how it worked... I'm still not entirely sure how everyone felt about it but I tried to be considerate. At the very least everyone including myself was glad I didn't go out for any smoke breaks. I did have the urge to smoke an analog here and there, but it was a surprisingly weak urge compared to the half a dozen times I've quit in the past, and was easily quashed with about 3 puffs off the PT.

Tested out my batteries when I got home from work, but Didn't have alot of time since I worked saturday morning. (every 3rd weekend sucks but its fair) Saturday I took both charged batteries work, and stealth vaped all day 2-3 puffs at a time. Don't think I even thought about going outside once while at work on Sat. Went to my parents house that night, Sis was in town for the weekend.

My parents had a mixed reaction when I told them I had placed the order, nothing much had changed when I showed them my KR8's. My sister wanted to try it and was about to take a 2nd puff when I reminded her that it DID still have nicotine in it... "oh yea" she said as she gave it back (I can see this kind of thing being a problem but that's a whole thread somewhere else) I vaped in thier house a few times, careful not to let the niece and nephew see, folks didn't seem to care. By the end of the night they were warmer on the idea, and my mom mentioned that it was nicer to hug me now that I didn't smell like an ashtray.

Went out to the Bar for just a few drinks before bed even though I worked the next morning again, but after KU's miserable performance I needed a beer or 5. I had been vaping Cognac flavor all day in 36mg, one of the free carto's V4L tossed in my order and it was still going strong. (at 36 though u can't just puff on it for 5 min straight hehe) Random people at the bar didn't even notice but the people I was talking too and the bartender did, and were generally approving as they smoked their analogs. The Bartender raved for a minute about a certain juice flavor she had tasted in someone elses PV 6 months ago.

Sunday at work I was still working on the Cognac. I was vaping most of the day about 3 puffs every 30 minutes. . my co-worker cracked that I was more addicted to the PV than I normally was to smoking (yup, only took 48 hours for that observation to come up) By the end of the day the Cognac cart was dying. (I consider that pretty damn good... almost 2 days from a single cart) When I got home I filled some of the empty ones (forum search CCFM for more info) I had ordered and took the Orange and Vanilla back to the bar for my sunday night ritual. (most sundays I go play Risk at the back of a 90% empty bar) My fellow world dominators asked 1 or 2 questions, made very few comments and generally just accepted my PV as different kind of ciggarette rather than some kind of fashionable toy (which had been one of my fears when ordering honestly)

Mondays suck! I had refilled both Orange and Vanilla before I went to bed, but when I woke up and hit the Orange through the PT it had seemed exceptionally harsh? I wondered if my taste buds were already changing? I took Watermelon to work instead. Made it through monday with less vapes than I had on the weekends (Orange and Watermelon were 24 mg also). I had a small urge to have an analog after dinner but came over to write this and vape some Vanilla through the PT and forgot about it pretty quickly.

At some point during the weekend I refilled a 3/4 empty "Kamel" carto with some of the "Tennessee Cure" that I had ordered... I cut the tennesse in half with a 50/50 VG/PG mix before I put in the carto and took about 3 puffs before I decided that even Cut, the tobacco flavor was too strong When I ordered this I never even gave a second though to the "fact" that I would be smoking tobacco flavors almost exclusively.

After owning my KR8 for less that 24 hours I was already thinking about mods and HV ... spent a few hours over the weekend looking at Chucks, GGs, the DSE601 pipe. Started wondering if I could build my own mod. Started wondering if a Liquid filled reservoir with a brass screen or similar would work better than a wick type cart. I ordered 2 manual batts for my KR8, I ordered auto batts with the kit but want to try the manual ones and figure having 4 batteries can't be a bad thing. Placed orders for some RY4 in 2 different strengths, I hope I like it cause I got 60mL coming.

I haven't had an analog for 72 hours now and I haven't even tried to strangle anyone. Every time I get the urge for an analog I tell myself that this is just my "new brand" of cigs, take a few puffs and the urge fades to nothing or almost nothing.

my PV could yet save my life ?

Grim

Grimtooth

Mar 16, 2010
Wichita
So if i decide to treat myself and get a Chuck...

What else do i need? the Chuck is just a battery housing and switch right? and needs to have an atomizer and cartridge attached?

I dunno though, I am a little technically inclined and kindof enjoy the idea of building my own... got a 3 day weekend coming up and I'll have at least one of those days to myself.. I think ill see how I do before i go on Thags wait list...

I'll just order a couple atomizers for the weekend to play around with, since I probably wont be wanting to use the cartomizers for this. (going to try for something bit a bit more storage capacity) ... but what kind of atomizers to get is the question for now hehe... more reading to do..

And yes, I know I'm brave beyond the point of stupid, but that's just part of being me :p

Grim

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
Grim, if you're going to go for any mod - definitely go with a Chuck or a Prodigy v2.

You have to buy batteries (batts needed are listed on the Thagbuilt site, a charger and an adapter so you can use the cartos with it - Jeff sells them for $6 so you can just add that to your order when you order the Chuck)

IMHO the Chuck is the only real 3.7 mod you should bother with because it's the only one where people mention a HV kick to it.

I've tried other 3.7 mods and I get just as good a hit on them VK batts because 808 batteries (such as the Vapor King) are TRUE 3.7v batteries. Most other batts such as they 510 are only really around 3 volts.

The Prodigy is 5v which is pretty much the sweet spot for cartos.

I have tried vaping cartos at 6v and they taste really bad IMHO - 6v is just too high. You will find some people who claim to like cartos as 6v but the most be topping off A LOT. To me when you vape a carto at 6v it tastes like it tastes on VK when it's about to die. :nah:

Grimtooth

Mar 16, 2010
Wichita
I was just reading up on the Mods forums... and I thought ... why would I not want to use a cartomizer to start out with on my first mod... I have like 20 laying around so it would really only my time invested.

Anyways... Yea the reason I liked the idea of HV is because I really do enjoy my PT... was thinking about something in the 4.5-5.0 volt range so it would be like having a portable PT.

but of course I also like the idea of a higher capacity cartridge which from my un-(mod)-initiated POV seems to be a huge reason to build a mod even though many of the commercially available ones are simply battery mods that plug into existing carts.

wow this thread went a whole different direction lol

Grim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread