Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Hi there,
Just a piece of advice for you, you might want to twist those wires much tighter, it gives a better effect on your vape, here's a picture of one that is tighter and I still consider I didn't tighten it enough.

D6PWcZ6.jpg
Is this better came out at .4 ohms
4577d44c5002822b55661dba5c1c9b93.jpg

Cloudd

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Did u see my 2nd set ?

Yeah those are great.

You could try this if you're free, twisted 30 paralled with a single strand 28. This is a micro tho, I'd suggest a 26 twisted paralled with a 24, wrapped at 2.5mm. This makes a two stage heater, still figuring out how to hit the sweet spot. Review it when you're done, I want to know what others think about it.
fasghjkl.jpg

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Yeah those are great.

You could try this if you're free, twisted 30 paralled with a single strand 28. This is a micro tho, I'd suggest a 26 twisted paralled with a 24, wrapped at 2.5mm. This makes a two stage heater, still figuring out how to hit the sweet spot. Review it when you're done, I want to know what others think about it. View attachment 488388
I have my 1st unregulated box mod in the mail what would that coil ohm out at? I'm looking to get to .1-.2

Cloudd

ECF Veteran
I have my 1st unregulated box mod in the mail what would that coil ohm out at?

The small ones I've got is about 0.8 each coil. Not sure about 26 twisted // 24 gauge. But hey you have regulated mods right? You could measure it there. Just don't dry fire fresh coils with a regulated......

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
The small ones I've got is about 0.8 each coil. Not sure about 26 twisted // 24 gauge. But hey you have regulated mods right? You could measure it there. Just don't dry fire fresh coils with a regulated......
Why not dry fire on a regulated that's not how you squeeze them together? I'm going to give it a try

Cloudd

ECF Veteran
Ok I'm going to try it so ur saying 24 and 26 twisted

The 30 twisted // 28 is a bit underpowered, say maybe 28 twisted // 26? something in the middle to be safe. Idk about larger gauges.... just to be on the safe side

Cloudd

ECF Veteran
Why not dry fire on a regulated that's not how you squeeze them together? I'm going to give it a try

I recall something rip said, I'm on mechs usually so I don't have any real experience to comment on that. Maybe he's scared that dry firing will damage the regulated's circuit? Most coils wrapped tightly will short out on the adjacential wraps, especially alien wires. Maybe that's why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread