My First E-Cig order!!! *help needed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyewtkas800

Jan 4, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I just wanted to say that I am very new to vaping. I have been researching these forums for about a month then I decided to purchase a custom 510 kit from mypvshop.com First of all, the SHIPPING was FANTASTIC. Ordered Monday, got it TODAY:thumbs:
The 510 works exactly as I saw in the videos, great vapor, feels nice in your hand, etc. Even a great throat hit. But here is where my problem lies. The taste...really churns my stomach. Its like a sickly sweet taste to where It almost makes me want to gag. I got the PG-Free cappucino and the Kamel juices in 18mg. I can honestly say, they produce fantastic vapor, and are fantastically priced. But I cannot get over this taste. I really don't want it to be a stumbling block for my success of completely doing away with analogs. So I was just curious if anyone had any input. I realize, there is no way to get the 100% analog taste. but these two are just...they taste exactly the same lol. just really plastically sweet. This is no fault of mypvshop of course, They are fantastic and I will order from them again. I was just hoping for some advice I suppose, and to say these guys are great to order from. Batts and attys work great. charger is great. I know some people have complained about ordering bad sets from some places that need to be replaced, but all mine worked Great. once again, thanks

sbphotog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
O-H-I-O
www.facebook.com
I just wanted to say that I am very new to vaping. I have been researching these forums for about a month then I decided to purchase a custom 510 kit from mypvshop.com First of all, the SHIPPING was FANTASTIC. Ordered Monday, got it TODAY:thumbs:
The 510 works exactly as I saw in the videos, great vapor, feels nice in your hand, etc. Even a great throat hit. But here is where my problem lies. The taste...really churns my stomach. Its like a sickly sweet taste to where It almost makes me want to gag. I got the PG-Free cappucino and the Kamel juices in 18mg. I can honestly say, they produce fantastic vapor, and are fantastically priced. But I cannot get over this taste. I really don't want it to be a stumbling block for my success of completely doing away with analogs. So I was just curious if anyone had any input. I realize, there is no way to get the 100% analog taste. but these two are just...they taste exactly the same lol. just really plastically sweet. This is no fault of mypvshop of course, They are fantastic and I will order from them again. I was just hoping for some advice I suppose, and to say these guys are great to order from. Batts and attys work great. charger is great. I know some people have complained about ordering bad sets from some places that need to be replaced, but all mine worked Great. once again, thanks

it's trial and error finding flavors you like and finding the right MG. I suggest ordering a sampler. Several different places have sample sizes which are usually about 3ml, just right for taste testing.

Randall Fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Sparks, NV, USA
www.myPVshop.com
If you're finding the flavor too sweet, you may want to go with PG liquids instead of VG liquids. The VG is quite a bit sweeter, and most users (who are not pg-sensitive) find they really prefer the PG flavors. It also gives a better 'throat-hit' and is closer to an analog cigarette.

Thanks for sharing your first e-cig experience!

Eyewtkas800

Jan 4, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
If you're finding the flavor too sweet, you may want to go with PG liquids instead of VG liquids. The VG is quite a bit sweeter, and most users (who are not pg-sensitive) find they really prefer the PG flavors. It also gives a better 'throat-hit' and is closer to an analog cigarette.

Thanks for sharing your first e-cig experience!

Thank you Randall. I was unaware of that. I ordered the PG-Free simply because I DON'T KNOW if I'm PG sensitive. But I guess the only way to find out is to try it. Thank you for your advice, and My next order that I place, I'll be sure to try your PG liquids. Thank you for the great service. :thumbs:

ryguyli

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Patchogue, NY
I'm not completely sure, but considering you have a new kit I'm thinking the bad taste you're getting could be the primer liquid that's put on atomizers in the factory. If you do some searching in the forum, you'll find people mentioning it and how it tastes like ..... It's there to keep the material inside the atomizer from drying out.

Everyone pretty much agrees that you should blow this primer liquid out of a new atomizer before using it. Take the 510 apart so that the cart, atomizer and battery are seperate. Place the battery end of the atomizer into your mouth and be sure to place a paper towel, napkin or tissue over the cartridge end. Then blow into the atomizer, causing liquid to come out onto the paper towel. Continue blowing until no more liquid comes out (you'll have to use different spots on the paper towel to be able to tell). Once this happens, some people say to place a drop or two of liquid into the cart-side of the atomizer and some people say to place a freshly filled cart into the atomizer. Whatever you do, just make sure it's not dry inside the atomizer but also make sure it isn't flooded. Last step is to start vaping until you start ingesting vapor.

Hope this helps!

Eyewtkas800

Jan 4, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm not completely sure, but considering you have a new kit I'm thinking the bad taste you're getting could be the primer liquid that's put on atomizers in the factory. If you do some searching in the forum, you'll find people mentioning it and how it tastes like ..... It's there to keep the material inside the atomizer from drying out.

Everyone pretty much agrees that you should blow this primer liquid out of a new atomizer before using it. Take the 510 apart so that the cart, atomizer and battery are seperate. Place the battery end of the atomizer into your mouth and be sure to place a paper towel, napkin or tissue over the cartridge end. Then blow into the atomizer, causing liquid to come out onto the paper towel. Continue blowing until no more liquid comes out (you'll have to use different spots on the paper towel to be able to tell). Once this happens, some people say to place a drop or two of liquid into the cart-side of the atomizer and some people say to place a freshly filled cart into the atomizer. Whatever you do, just make sure it's not dry inside the atomizer but also make sure it isn't flooded. Last step is to start vaping until you start ingesting vapor.

Hope this helps!

This is great advice. I think I think I will give this a shot. Thank you so much for the help. I love how helpful and eager people are on this forum to help us newbies out. I'll reply to this post in a bit and let you know how this worked for me.

ryguyli

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Patchogue, NY
Glad I could help a little. There may actually still be some of that liquid lingering in your atomizer, since blowing it out can only get so much out. From my experience, after a few days (max) you should be able to taste the actual flavor of the liquid you're vaping without any additional nastiness. Also, it might be best if you don't use different flavors with the same atomizer since they'll end up mixing and might not taste good together.

I agree, this forum has some very helpful people participating here. I've been vaping for about a month now, and have spent a lot of time reading many of the posts here looking for answers to the questions I have. The one question I actually posted in the New Members forum was responded to very quickly and the responses were very helpful. If you have anymore questions, I suggest posting them there as more people will see your post and respond.

If you are looking for something that tastes close to actual tobacco, I've heard that tastyvapor.us has the best tasting tobacco liquid around. In fact, it's so good that right now they are completely out of it for a little bit. On their homepage, they say are waiting for their shipment of flavoring and will post notification as soon as it's available again. Not only have I heard that they have amazing tobacco flavored liquid, but that just about all of their liquids are amazing. In fact, I haven't read one bad thing about their liquids.

redeye

Dec 11, 2009
Ohio
I'm still a noob myself, been vaping about a month or so. I haven't tried any VG juice, but I do add a little glycerin to my PG juice. I will tell you that I ordered the PG Camel liquid and I found it to taste like cotton candy for some reason. To me, the MyBoro liquid is not nearly as sweet as the Camel or 555 liquid. I will also say that my first day of vaping the Marlboro liquid tasted sweeter than it does now. Maybe it was the atty and I didn't blow it out well enough? I have used new atomizers since then and haven't notice the same sweetness that I initially experienced.

Honestly I can't describe the taste that I experience now. I know it tastes nothing like a burning cigarette, but I also don't miss that taste either.

Good luck to you I hope you find the right flavor for you. I agree with others that you should sample other flavors. Randall does offer sampler 5 ml sizes, but I've found that I like his Liberty Liquids better and they only come in 15 ml sizes so I order that sized six pack and hope that I like the flavors. Of course, by doing this I'm now stuck with a 15 ml bottle of 555 which I hate, but I'll find something to mix with it eventually to help me suffer through the bottle...

Eyewtkas800

Jan 4, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks RYGUYLI and REDEYE. This is day two with the 510 and I must say, after taking RY's advice about the atty, and vaping alot more on it, About 40% of the sweetness has subsided. I don't know if its the fact that I'm getting used to the flavor as opposed to my camel's, or if the sweetness was mainly in the atty, but Its disappearing at a better rate. I have also been dripping somewhat as well, that seems to have helped too. While I'm drinking my espresso and vaping, its even better. The taste is almost 50% gone. I have an extra atty, but I didn't want to use that just yet. I'm hoping to make my gear last as long as possible. But I guess I will start posting on the other forums. I mainly posted here to tell Randall and PVSHOP how wonderful their equipment was. Their 510 with the ECF discount is fantastic price! I'll try tastyvapor.us , I recently ordered from Nhaler yesterday, so we'll see how that goes. and I suppose I should add a liberty liquid from pv to my list too. thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread