My First ECF Post & Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cas002

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2018
Omaha NE
Hi ECF Members,

I just wanted to say "hello" and introduce myself in my first post. I live in the Midwest (USA), I'm over 50 years old and have been vaping for about 6 years starting with the Blu, which was a good beginner kit but was quickly outgrown by my desire to tinker. Today I twist & build my own fused & twisted Clapton coils on my Kylin RTA v2. I like clouds but flavor is more important - I don't want to run high wattage or vape more juice than than I drink water so I try to strike a balance by mostly vaping at about 35-45W with 0.2-0.5 Ohm single Clapton coils. I try to keep the ratio of coil mass to surface area low to maximize flavor while keeping ramp up/down time and battery wattage low. This weekend I tried PG extractions of coffee (ground whole bean Italian Roast Starbucks) and organic whole vanilla bean - zero nic. I need to let them steep but good flavors so far - just not strong enough yet so hopefully time, and feedback from the community, will help. My vaping journey has been fantastic and I have learned much from reading tons of content, including posts here, and wanted to join a site that had some depth and breadth of content to continue to enhance my knowledge so I decided on ECF.

Glad to be here and looking forward to tapping into the wisdom of many ECF members!

Cas002

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Welcome to the forum. I messed around with coffee and vanilla PG & PGA extractions a few years ago. It's a lot of fun if you like to tinker. I did get some great flavor but was never able to limit the coil gunking enough to make it worth my while, best of luck on your journey.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I try to keep the ratio of coil mass to surface area low to maximize flavor while keeping ramp up/down time and battery wattage low.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Make sense regarding keeping ramp up time short = battery savings. Nice to hear from a new member who gets it, there are quite a few like minded folks of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread