My First Flashlight Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Just finished this yesterday. I started with a $1 home depot flashlight and followed maddogs video and came up with this sweet piece. I used a 510 connector, 3mm color changing led, and a low tact switch. The button is perfect, it fits flush to the body of the flashlight but the hole it ists in is just big enough that you can click it with a little pressure. I put a 18650 in it and am looking at modding the tailcap to accept 2 3v cr2s for 6v vaping. As it sits now, it works perfectly, and 2400mah aint too shabby either. Let me know what ya think!
dscn2832.jpg

dscn2833e.jpg

dscn2835m.jpg

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
Sorry, didn't mean for that to sound that scary :)
I'm sure you know the risks of using unprotected cells, and how to double check to make sure the really are protected. Some people end up with unprotected even though the supplier said they were perfectly safe.

And charge balancing to keep the cells matched and not try one old one together with a new one, and so on.
And even if you think everything is just right, to provide a vent (away from the face end).

All those normal concerns about vaping a homebrew mod.

And you have a multimeter, right? Only a fool would start building mods without a meter.
(I put that in just to get extra points)

Yup, he hooked folks. New hobby has taken hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread