My first GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaji

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
CA
Well I got my first GG today and its GGTS 446. I have been using it for the past few hours and I am amazed at how beautiful and functional it is. I have tried different battery configurations from a single RCR123a, a 18350, two RCR123as, a 18650 and I love how it affects the overall size, but even with a large 18650 its still smaller than my 6v mod. I love the fact that when you use a single 16340 its so small. All of the different configurations fit perfectly (what a piece of engineering), each one feels as though the GGTS was made specifically for it.

The button was a small concern for me when I ordered, but I am loving it. It has the perfect feel and the placement is excellent. The finish and craftsmanship are second to none. I am officially hooked.

My only complaint is that now I want a GGS, GGSS, and a AFS..........

SSRob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
Oklahoma! USA
www.vaporkings.com
I too thought the button would be a major irritation but it can be held and activated in so many ways and really becomes just a part of your hand.

I either use my pinky to push it or I place the button in the palm of my hand and slightly squeeze the GG to activate it.

Glad you are happy with it!!!

Rob

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I don't have a GGTS yet, just the GGT. ("just"?! I love my GGT!) We will all completely understand your sentiments, and I'll tell you now: It only gets worse. Soon you will understand when someone calls their GG "my precious..." like Gollum from LOTR.

I was also concerned about the button... It took me a few days to realize this: If you hold it in your right hand looking down into the atty, it can be comfortably activated with the button in any position except between 6:30 and 8:30 (clock). In the left hand it is just as versatile, with the "dead zones" reversed. Add the other positions (ring- and pinky-finger on the button) and this button position is possibly the most comfortable and versatile of them all.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Oh, I see... so because the battery(s) is in there, it can be tightened just by screwing it down.
I wonder, has anyone experienced it becoming gradually loose or does it stay tightly screwed by design?

I must admit, I'm starting to experience GGTS lust... lol.

If my bank account wasn't empty, I don't think I could refrain from ordering one. I'll cross my fingers I win the contest instead. :D

Maybe I'll pick up a lottery ticket tomorrow....

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Rob, I do the same. I put the catridge straight in my face and the GG in 45 degrees in angle from my face. I squezze my palm and GG is activated. This is the way I like it. Ather times I put GG straight with the mouthpiece and I push the button with the base of my middle finger.:)

Kaji, I am really happy that you are very pleased with your new GGTS. I am trying hard to make the unit perfect and I am also trying to pay attention to the very small details too so we can have always the best in our hands:):)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I don't have a GGTS yet, just the GGT. ("just"?! I love my GGT!) We will all completely understand your sentiments, and I'll tell you now: It only gets worse. Soon you will understand when someone calls their GG "my precious..." like Gollum from LOTR.

I was also concerned about the button... It took me a few days to realize this: If you hold it in your right hand looking down into the atty, it can be comfortably activated with the button in any position except between 6:30 and 8:30 (clock). In the left hand it is just as versatile, with the "dead zones" reversed. Add the other positions (ring- and pinky-finger on the button) and this button position is possibly the most comfortable and versatile of them all.

very good point my friend quas. Button can be activated in so many places that every one can find the best choice for him:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
When you adjust it for the different size batteries, does it lock into place somehow or are the two separate tubes loose at all?

If you thread it my friend nature it cant move at all. I had made a ring in older days for locking it and I have also a video for it but it was useless so I reject it again.:)

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
If you thread it my friend nature it cant move at all. I had made a ring in older days for locking it and I have also a video for it but it was useless so I reject it again.:)
Ah, k thanks.

I'm going to try moving mountains to get one of these in my hands real soon. I can't resist the temptation... it's just such a nice device! If I have to sell my Chuck, Tornados, etc.. so be it! :D

kaji

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
CA
Rob, thanks for the pointer it works great, very comfortable. Also wanted to tell you thanks for the great service with all of my orders. You have never let me down.

Quasi, thanks for the info as well, I sat on my sofa last night testing your theory with success.

Imeo, you have definitely accomplished both of those, I can feel the passion that went into it. Thanks for the awesome work, it's perfection!

Go for it Natureboy, you will not regret it. When you hold it for the first time you will see what everyone is talking about. Then you will smoke it and smile. It functions just as good as it looks.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Rob, thanks for the pointer it works great, very comfortable. Also wanted to tell you thanks for the great service with all of my orders. You have never let me down.

Quasi, thanks for the info as well, I sat on my sofa last night testing your theory with success.

Imeo, you have definitely accomplished both of those, I can feel the passion that went into it. Thanks for the awesome work, it's perfection!

Go for it Natureboy, you will not regret it. When you hold it for the first time you will see what everyone is talking about. Then you will smoke it and smile. It functions just as good as it looks.

thanks again my good friend:):)

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
WELCOME aboard! Yes the GG's button placement is PERFECT! I also use my palm mostly and the base of my middle finger. You find yourself activating the thing in so many different ways the other placement seems just wrong now. When I pick up my Prodigy it feels weird to me. Only being able to use my thumb or finger tip sucks.

OOOO And the new domed button is the perfect touch to a perfect device. Now when the TSAFS gets done we will be in vaper's heaven.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
The button was a small concern for me when I ordered, but I am loving it. It has the perfect feel and the placement is excellent. The finish and craftsmanship are second to none. I am officially hooked.

My only complaint is that now I want a GGS, GGSS, and a AFS..........

Welcome Kaji.
Your GG addiction has officially begun. :D:D

I have to say, it all depends on the size of your hand. I either use Rob's method, or more recently, I've been holding the device in a fist-like grip with the button down at about 7-8 o'çlock and using my ring finger to activate the button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread