My first mod (dual parallel 18650) and vamo mod chips for next mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudman46

Jul 31, 2014
ohio
Hi everyone, I am a new forum member here. I've been reading and learning here for some time, adding to my minimal novice level of electronic skills. I am a wood worker and make gunstocks and pistol grips for my business, so I definitely have the tools and know-how to make custom hardwood/exotic hardwood housings for a box mod, so I decided to try my hand at making a few when my Vamo quit working properly. Shown here is an attached photo of my box mod build and my Vamo chips which I may decide to use on the next build. After I tore down my vamo I did some more research and have found that it is likely that I wore out the center pin seal on the vamo's crappy 510 connector, so i'd imagine that these boards are still good. Even though they are only a 15W regulated mod, and not by far the hottest thing on the block, I still feel like these pieces could make a functional mod that I could use. I have ordered some fatdaddy 510's to use on my box mod builds. The dual 18650 mod in the photo is 100% mechanical, and could be set-up to run the 18650's in parallel or series, but would need a couple other copper plate pieces made. Also my mechanical switch that looks like a dial is not a dial, it is just a push down button that had a 1 and 2 on it. My negative copper plate lead that is attached to the current 510 housing - has a rubber gromit underneath it for upward spring motion, is then pushed down by the button, makes contact with the plate seen on the left side that runs down to the (-) battery terminals, other than that it is all pretty strait foreward. Everything is copper plates, no wiring. I saw a similar design here, in a yt vid that someone posted. nothing in it is permanent at this point. I'm still testing it and looking to make some minor design changes. once I get it how I like it, I will make everything more permanent. any comments ideas for the box mod build or how I should use the vamo boards would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Cloudman46

adult photo sharingciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread