My First Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad_Dispatcher

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Seattle Area
I recieved my first order, what is now, yesterday. I ordered up some CLS and Creme Brulee. I had to since reading all the reviews. Both in 6mg. I have to say they smelled remarkable right out of the gate. As I always do, I loaded up the CLS into my tank and take a taste. Honestly, I have to say the Vapor production was a bit light and the flavor left something to be desired. Keep in mind these bottles are only 6 days old. The CB had good vapor production and could definitely taste the carmel in the background. Not bad but still something left to be desired. These are both my first Creme and Custard so it may just be something my tongue is just not used to. I do have to say that the customer service was amazing. I dont think I have ever recieved so many emails directly from a company updating me with the status and the nice hand written "welcome to the family" message on the invoice was a great touch. All in all, the company gets a huge thumbs up for their personalization of the order and customer service, the juice however; I cant really say at the moment. At this time, I havent gotten the Oh My God factor that everyone claims. Maybe the hype from the reviews scewed my expectations. Either way, they both now steep. They shall sit to see if the flavor developes. Hopefully I will report back with a change of heart as I really do appreciate the customer service I have recieved.

knotin1

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
here
A few thoughts.

I agree that the CB, CLS do not produce the amount of vapor that some of my other "go to vapes" produce. The small price I pay. It is actually what keeps them in rotation rather then just an all day/every day vape.

The rig you use may also be a culprit. On a kanger pro tank with the standard coil wick, with a ego twist..... the vapor production is even more muted, as with all juice in those things. When I don't desire to carry my mods, I will use the protanks, but with a 1.3 coil build with cotton.

And as far as the hype.......that can also lead to disappointment. When ever I hear rave rave reviews about a movie on my radar, I am usually let down. If I happen to go to a movie that was not on my radar, but everyone is raving about, the experience is that much better.

Lastsly, steep. Steep, Steep, Steep.

Just my honest views. Still love my CLS, CB, and others.

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
A few thoughts.

I agree that the CB, CLS do not produce the amount of vapor that some of my other "go to vapes" produce. The small price I pay. It is actually what keeps them in rotation rather then just an all day/every day vape.

The rig you use may also be a culprit. On a kanger pro tank with the standard coil wick, with a ego twist..... the vapor production is even more muted, as with all juice in those things. When I don't desire to carry my mods, I will use the protanks, but with a 1.3 coil build with cotton.

And as far as the hype.......that can also lead to disappointment. When ever I hear rave rave reviews about a movie on my radar, I am usually let down. If I happen to go to a movie that was not on my radar, but everyone is raving about, the experience is that much better.

Lastsly, steep. Steep, Steep, Steep.

Just my honest views. Still love my CLS, CB, and others.

A two week steep will do you justice, I believe. I like them as soon as I get them, but they really get good after some steep time.

:thumb:
A "standard" tank will be hard pressed to produce the flavor and vapor you were expecting with fresh juice, especially the vanilla based ones. While some hit it fresh, a lot of us are hitting stuff that is pretty well steeped. If the color of your juice is a light amber it has a way to go. Once it starts to go caramel colored it should be good to go.
Sounds like you're willing to be patient and give them a chance. I think you will be rewarded. If not, put it on the classi's and someone will snatch it up.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I recieved my first order, what is now, yesterday. I ordered up some CLS and Creme Brulee. I had to since reading all the reviews. Both in 6mg. I have to say they smelled remarkable right out of the gate. As I always do, I loaded up the CLS into my tank and take a taste. Honestly, I have to say the Vapor production was a bit light and the flavor left something to be desired. Keep in mind these bottles are only 6 days old. The CB had good vapor production and could definitely taste the carmel in the background. Not bad but still something left to be desired. These are both my first Creme and Custard so it may just be something my tongue is just not used to. I do have to say that the customer service was amazing. I dont think I have ever recieved so many emails directly from a company updating me with the status and the nice hand written "welcome to the family" message on the invoice was a great touch. All in all, the company gets a huge thumbs up for their personalization of the order and customer service, the juice however; I cant really say at the moment. At this time, I havent gotten the Oh My God factor that everyone claims. Maybe the hype from the reviews scewed my expectations. Either way, they both now steep. They shall sit to see if the flavor developes. Hopefully I will report back with a change of heart as I really do appreciate the customer service I have recieved.

I saw your post in the other forum and I the first thing I thought was "Man, I hope someone someone drags ol' boy down here kicking and screaming so we might be able to help him find some synergy between his hardware, liquid, and build so he can get some enjoyment out of those bottles. They are young, and taste is still subjective, but... the bottles roll out with a decent steep on them... not saying they won't improve with time, for some reason they really don't 'pop' for some people until month down the road. That said, with all the positive reviews, it's hard not to wander out to website and order with high expectations and anything less than BOOM, POW, ZING is underwhelming. Unfortunately there's no such thing as a eliquid that hits 100% time for everyone, but, I'd be happy to help figure out what's missing in the total equation to help you get the best out of those bottles. Katy and I were talking about it - and despite the fact that our eliquid is reasonably priced and, in the grand scheme of things, buying one bottle is a comparatively small loss... we don't want even a single bottle to rot in the taste is subjective shoebox of shame. I like to think that what sets apart... we care. We can't always fix it, but we can try like hell.

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
@MD >>> Hook a brother up with some info about your hardware and, maybe, I can pinpoint an issue. We've helped several people sort it out... unfortunately, it may make your wallet bleed in the process :lol:

The Enablers are a crafty bunch. They usually recommend rebuilt pt's and igo's to start with . . .

Mad_Dispatcher

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Seattle Area
@MD >>> Hook a brother up with some info about your hardware and, maybe, I can pinpoint an issue. We've helped several people sort it out... unfortunately, it may make your wallet bleed in the process :lol:

Well the hardware is always an issue. I dont have enough of it lol. Currently I am running a Russian 91% on top of a vamo v5. I am still playing with coils to find the build that best suits me. Right now I am using a twisted 32 gauge coil at 2ohms. Of course I plan on upgrading my power source eventually...maybe a hanamodz and a mech in the future. I want you to know Kent and all others. I was NOT getting bad or poor flavor at all and I am going to let it sit some more before making a decision on whether or not its a ADV for me. Kent please let me know if you suggest new hardware...im always looking for a reason to build the collection :)

Mad_Dispatcher

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Seattle Area
And this is just another testament to the customer Service that you will receive at NICOTICKET. Just unbelievable. You really dont feel like a customer with this company you really are pulled into a family...kicking and screaming maybe but damn it they still love you. For that reason I will always be willing to steep and try again and even order again if these arent my taste. Once again SUPERB Customer Service here.

Mad_Dispatcher

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Seattle Area
MD may I suggest lowering your ohms on your coil? My GCD is a shadow of itself at 2 ohms but sings arias at 1.2-1.5 ohms. ;)

Yeah I am going to try to get my ohms down a bit lower...I have to order more Kanthal 1st. Im gonna shoot for 1.5-1.6 with the next build but going to try the 1.8 "double barrel" i just finished for a bit first. gonna run a couple tanks of everything i have to determine if I like it.

knotin1

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
here
Lower ohms. And if that doesn't work make sure you lower your ohms. As a last ditch effort, lower your ohms. You are truly missing out on the "fun" with the russians/kayfuns.

I just posted yesterday that my favorite way to use my russian is building a double barrel.

I am using 28 gauge kanthal.

On thing I do notice with Nicoticket CLS and CB is that I get vapor tongue after a few hours. I end up having a hard time tasting the flavor. I blame this on vaping it non stop for hours on end tho...

Last edited:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
The Enablers are a crafty bunch. They usually recommend rebuilt pt's and igo's to start with . . .

True that - both are widely available, relatively inexpensive, and both can help eliminate the "it's the hardware's fault" situation because the liquid really is 'tuned' on those devices first.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Well the hardware is always an issue. I dont have enough of it lol. Currently I am running a Russian 91% on top of a vamo v5. I am still playing with coils to find the build that best suits me. Right now I am using a twisted 32 gauge coil at 2ohms. Of course I plan on upgrading my power source eventually...maybe a hanamodz and a mech in the future. I want you to know Kent and all others. I was NOT getting bad or poor flavor at all and I am going to let it sit some more before making a decision on whether or not its a ADV for me. Kent please let me know if you suggest new hardware...im always looking for a reason to build the collection :)

Despite out best efforts one or more flavors may never reach re-order status for you, but we can sure try. Keep in mind that the majority of the liquid was developed before Kayfun style devices became widely available - there is some of my liquid I really do *not* enjoy in a Kayfun style device. CB is a good example... I love CB in a nice airy dripper, but when I put it in a Kayfun style device the caramel gets too intense for me (I can barely taste the vanilla or the custard, I get nothing but burnt caramel). That might be a pro or a con - it's a con for me personally - but some folks might prefer to emphasize that particular element of the liquid so it might be a good fit. Then again - some other members of the crew may wander along and have a vastly different experience (again, complicating the path to a solution for you!). For me, the slam-dunk liquids in the KFL+ are Betelgeuse and Gravity. Despite having released it, Gravity wasn't a "reorder" for me until I got the KFL+... for H1N1, the KFL seems to accentuate the Tobacco Absolute component - it has a "grassy/earthy" taste to it that some people enjoy, but it tends to lose the "maple'ish" element in that particular device (at least for me). The opinions of CLS in Kayfun style devices seem to be overwhelmingly positive - it really accentuates the whole experience. In my testing, I was at a 1.1 ohm coil on VV device, approx 3.5v, and I was getting great flavor in the KFL+ with the AFC wide open. (horizontal microcoil, 28gu Kanthal, cotton wick). Just some suggestions of what works for me.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
And this is just another testament to the customer Service that you will receive at NICOTICKET. Just unbelievable. You really dont feel like a customer with this company you really are pulled into a family...kicking and screaming maybe but damn it they still love you. For that reason I will always be willing to steep and try again and even order again if these arent my taste. Once again SUPERB Customer Service here.

Thank you for the kind words - it's a collective effort - the regulars who wander these hallowed halls really make it the community that it is. Katy and I are blessed to have attracted a group of people that really care about helping fellow vapers.

Mad_Dispatcher

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Seattle Area
the slam-dunk liquids in the KFL+ are Betelgeuse and Gravity. Despite having released it, Gravity wasn't a "reorder" for me until I got the KFL+... In my testing, I was at a 1.1 ohm coil on VV device, approx 3.5v, and I was getting great flavor in the KFL+ with the AFC wide open. (horizontal microcoil, 28gu Kanthal, cotton wick). Just some suggestions of what works for me.

Betelgeuse and Gravity were next on my imaginary "hit list". As far as the CLS and CB I am planning on hitting those again Wednesdayish...give em both a couple more days. Unfortunately I do not have a dripper yet...like I said before need more hardware :D. I will tinker with my settups a bit and see if my thoughts change in the next few days.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Betelgeuse and Gravity were next on my imaginary "hit list". As far as the CLS and CB I am planning on hitting those again Wednesdayish...give em both a couple more days. Unfortunately I do not have a dripper yet...like I said before need more hardware :D. I will tinker with my settups a bit and see if my thoughts change in the next few days.

No sweat! We have a large Emergency Medical Response community here by the way - lots of people in the field in one capacity or another. One on a boo-boo bus, a nurse or two, I am a head shrinker, and others... could be an interesting convo if you are into licking gumball machines. ;)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Got two orders on the way!!

I just ordered 3 50ml of fernilla 6mg before I even received my first order!!
also got GCD 2 50ml 6mg.

I probably should of gotten more!!

Beastmode knotin!! (thank you for the order!!) If you liked wreck it, do you want a little more for testing purposes?

Mad_Dispatcher

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Seattle Area
No sweat! We have a large Emergency Medical Response community here by the way - lots of people in the field in one capacity or another. One on a boo-boo bus, a nurse or two, I am a head shrinker, and others... could be an interesting convo if you are into licking gumball machines. ;)

I am on the Blue side of the Emergency response side. Either way we could definitely have a great convo...I just have to make sure to wear my helmet so I dont lick the windows. Crap where is that helmet anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread