My first post...Impressions and my Journey so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Hello fellow vapers and perhaps future vapers.

I am new to vaping. Its been one month now since I purchased my first e-cig. Before I purchased any equipment I did a google search on e-cigs which led me to this forum. I spent a week occasionally poking around on the forum to gather information that I thought would help me with my decisions concerning whether I wanted to start vaping and if I did what equipment to start with.

I was a 2 -2 1/2 pack a day smoker for over 35 years. I've tried everything to quit from hypnosis, cold turkey, patches and stop smoking groups. I would sometimes quit for a while but always found myself back on the cigarettes.

My first purchase was a Joye 510 kit. I added 30 ml of juice and 5 cartomizers to this order. Since my first puff on this outfit I have not touched a cigarette. That in its self is amazing. Not one cigarette in a month!! I don't even have a desire for one. I now find the smell of burning cigarettes yucky, for lack of a better word.

I was a heavy smoker and now I am a heavy vapor. My 510 was/is nice but I was constantly charging batteries and filling cartomizers or the carts. It was not convenient at all but I sure liked vaping more than analoges at this point. Because of this I then purchased an eGo battery with the USB connection as I was at my computer much of the time. Wow, this thing was great. I still was filling my carts and cartos much of the time so for my next purchase i ordered the mega atty (cylinder type) and the matching cartridge. This outfit seems to work for me. The battery lasts a long time and the outfit holds a lot of juice. This has become my everyday vap. I still carry my 510 with me as it now serves as a backup.

I was a mentol smoker so I have been vaping menthol juice. I have tried 50/50 pg to vg and straight pg. PG seems to be better for me. I tired some vanilla flavor but the flavor was so light that I could barely taste it if I used some imagination on my part. I will continue to search for some alternative flavors even though I am quite happy with the menthol.

I could go on here but I'll save some of my impressions and my journey into vaping for another thread or two but I have to make a list of why I like vaping, or the advantages of vaping over smoking before I finish this thread.

Off the top of my head here are the reasons I like vaping.

1. My lungs and breathing are better and still improving.
2. Its less expensive than cigarettes. In NY cigarettes are $9 a pack!
3. My taste buds are working again.
4. My nose is working again
5. My smokers cough is almost gone
6. I smell better. I don't stink of cigarettes anymore.
6. I don't have to go outside to smoke anymore. I can vap inside. Living in upstate NY this can be an adventure in the winter time.
7. I dont burn holes in my clothing anymore or burn holes in my car seats.
8. My teeth and breath thank me.
9. I am not breathing in tar and carbon monoxide and all the other terrible stuff that comes in a cigarette.
10. I am not harming those around me with second hand smoke.
11. I dont have dirty ash trays to empty.
12. I dont have to make sure I have my lighter with me.
13. I dont have to make midnight dashes to go out to get a pack of smokes.
14. I just enjoy e-cigs a lot more than cigarettes. I like the equipment, the technology, the look etc.

I hope this helps some one looking into using e-cigs or someone that is new to vaping. Vaping I find is a journey, an experience that keeps moving along the more one does it...experimenting, trying new things and working on techniques that work for you...thanks and happy vaping!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread