My first post. My first E Cig - Ego Tank LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I could reply to another post in the new members forum, but when I try - it's a no go.

I've not had the best of luck with my new tanks with my new eGo. I've had the eGo for almost two weeks, mostly direct dripping (loving the flavors, btw!). Then I decided to get the tank atty and some tanks from Cignot.

My tanks are leaking, flooding the atty. I'm also sucking juice into my mouth on 3 of the tanks, and generally making a huge mess. I'm thinking I made a mistake by twisting the tanks when I put them on the cone atty.

I cleaned them all up, and tried again - but I guess if you twist them at all they're ruined forever?

Anyhow if anyone has some experience with this, I would love to hear the solution. Maybe I just need to toss these tanks and start over? Would twisting the tanks/flooded atty cause me to suck the juice into my mouth from the tank?

Halp!?

noob with an eGo T
:?:

zombienerd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
I always twist my tanks. It sounds to me like you may be puffing too hard on it. The eGo-T feeds by airflow. If you puff on it like you're trying to take the chrome off a trailer hitch, you'll flood it every time :D

The proper drag on a tanker is to take a long, slow drag. My drags take about five seconds to get a mouthful of vapor.

I'd almost be willing to bet that the tank isn't actually leaking, you're just pulling on it too hard, causing the liquid to pool inside the atty, and get sucked back up with the airflow. It can look like a leak when this happens, you'll have fluid on the outside of your tank, up inside the mouthpiece, and pooling on the silver plate inside.

zombienerd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Ah.. You may be right, zombienerd. I do tend to take really hard hits. I guess this will take some practice getting my "suck torque" town to a compatible level! It's gonna be really hard, because this juice I got from Gourmet Vapor is THE BOMB!

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it! :)

No problem!! I had the same issue on my first few tanks. I kept wondering why I was getting juice up to the top, and hearing the gurgling. I have some more tips for the Tanker in my blog (link in signature), if you're interested.

Best of luck to you, and if adjusting the draw doesn't work, you could always try loosening the atty a half turn or so, as well, I've found that if there's a gap, and more air can get in from the bottom, it wicks a bit less... Not sure if this would help the situation, but it seems like the physics would say it would.

No problem!! I had the same issue on my first few tanks. I kept wondering why I was getting juice up to the top, and hearing the gurgling. I have some more tips for the Tanker in my blog (link in signature), if you're interested.

Best of luck to you, and if adjusting the draw doesn't work, you could always try loosening the atty a half turn or so, as well, I've found that if there's a gap, and more air can get in from the bottom, it wicks a bit less... Not sure if this would help the situation, but it seems like the physics would say it would.

Ok, more great tips and info - thank you!

I loved that video in your blog - that was funny. Luckily I skipped the first few steps and went straight for the eGo..
The MORE VAPOR was hilarious...

zombienerd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Ok, more great tips and info - thank you!

I loved that video in your blog - that was funny. Luckily I skipped the first few steps and went straight for the eGo..
The MORE VAPOR was hilarious...

Yeah, that video is one of the ones in the running for the Funny video contest going on right now... It was so true, I had to add it to the blog :) I think it should be a sticky at the top of the new members forum :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread