My First RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarthJager

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Texas
So I just got an IGO-W and I'm getting ready to give the build a try. This is my first rba attempt...and my first rba actually and I don't really have a clue what I'm doing. I'm watching some videos on proper coil builds and such but if anyone could impart some knowledge that may prevent me from burning my eyebrows off I would really appreciate it. As far all the wick and the wire, they came with the rba and I have no clue what gauge the wire is or what type and same goes for the wick. This is more of a test run just to get a feel for building a coil. I'm planning on buying wires and wicks after my first successful (if I am successful) test run.

Again any advise helps and thanks in advance.

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
If you don't have one already - I'd suggest to go down to your local hardware or Radio Shack, etc and pick up a multimeter. It should be less than $20. You can search on Youtube for how to test resistance and for shorts. This way you wont accidentally damage your PV. I don't know about the MVP or the SVD but some PV's will be fried if there's a short.

ScottM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Houston
Look up the micro-coils. They are really easy to wrap, and replacing cotton wick without replacing the coil is a snap.

If you want about 1.8 ohms, try wrapping some 30ga Kanthal around a 1/16 drill bit- around 11 to 12 wraps I think, but I will have to check my notes.

You can also drip onto some normally wrapped Ekowool silica, if you have access to some.

ScottM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Houston
With the three posts, you can run either single, or dual. A friend of mine at work has one, and is still experimenting with it.

I might shoot for two 2.8 Ohm coils, for 1.4 Ohms on the device. I do not know without trying it first- that might be too much metal to heat up...

Easiest thing to start with would be a single coil, and then try the duals.

XXZOMBIEPEPPERXX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
New Mexico
I personally found multimeters a pain in the .... to use. I build my coils and use a lavatube to test the ohms. After my coils are built i put it on my lava tube and test it and tug on the wick lightly each direction as i test and if the reading is stable then my coil is good. Ive been using this method for over a year and have had great success. Hope this helps.......Zombie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread