Jun 2, 2013
United States

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Someone told me that was a mesh one and to stay away from mesh
Is that true??
Anyone else got opinions on any of these?

Stay away from mesh??? Surely you jest!
I've been using mesh for a long time now and see no reason to use anything else. Why someone would tell you that I can't imagine, unless it's just to get you using what they like. There's a lot of that in vaping. I use an RSST with 400 mesh wick and 28 kanthal, and I'm very happy with that setup.

There are a lot of people out there who feel quite strongly that their vaping solution is the one size that fits all, and it just isn't so. Find what works for you and what you yourself like. That might be micro-coils, silica, SS rope, ceramic, or SS mesh.

BTW, you cannot go wrong with the RSST. It's a marvelous atty and my main vape.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
I just got a Kayfun Lite clone (EHPRO) and built it for the first time last night. Used 32ga kanthal and an organic cotton wick. Mind. Blown. Coil came out to 3.4 ohms so I have some work to do there, but all in all it wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be and it hits like a truck when compared to my cartotank (which I do love and will continue to use, for what it's worth). I'll probably get an RBD now...

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Find what works for you and what you yourself like. That might be micro-coils, silica, SS rope, ceramic, or SS mesh.

I need more than one "like" button for this.

As a new vaper, I really dislike seeing the "Don't do that, it sucks" advice given to n00bs like myself when it comes to different equipment (outside of advice on safety, of course). I certainly do appreciate advice (I can easily spend an evening DEVOURING YouTube videos and reviews on the forums) but at the end of the day I still like to try things out for myself.

AFAIK, there is no "one-size-fits-all" solution when it comes to vaping. Until vaping Nirvana hits the interwebs, I'll be happily tinkering with shiny things.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB

Stay away from mesh??? Surely you jest!
I've been using mesh for a long time now and see no reason to use anything else. Why someone would tell you that I can't imagine, unless it's just to get you using what they like. There's a lot of that in vaping. I use an RSST with 400 mesh wick and 28 kanthal, and I'm very happy with that setup.

There are a lot of people out there who feel quite strongly that their vaping solution is the one size that fits all, and it just isn't so. Find what works for you and what you yourself like. That might be micro-coils, silica, SS rope, ceramic, or SS mesh.

BTW, you cannot go wrong with the RSST. It's a marvelous atty and my main vape.

Yeah, Like Vaslovik said...

And my take on it is "Try Everything"... I ordered an RSST just to see if I like Genesis style attys before I purchase a more expensive one.

The only reason I can imagine anyone telling you to stay away from mesh is because they think you can't coil it, But as long as you understand how to set it up there is no reason not to try it.

I read about it and ordered some mesh and wire along with the RSST, watched a few videos, then went out and got a mini torch, now I'm just waiting for it to come, you can also buy mesh with the carbon process done already for you, The RSST has a solid tank inside so it's less complicated placing the wick, and the leads are easier to put on then some other styles of genesis attys.

Watch a few videos and have a go at it if it seems like something you would like.

Last edited:

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I started out with the IGO L and then tried the IGO W. They are just dripping atomizers and the only difference is on the W there are holes in the post where on the L you wrap it around the screws. I find (Oddly enough) that I can do the IGO L easier. I use 30 guage kanthal on a doubled over wick. About 4 wraps give me about 1.6 ohms which I am happy with.

They are wonderful for at home use. I don't use any of my other devices anymore at the house. I can fit like 12 drops in it and last me for over 45 minutes. And then you can easily change to a new flavor.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Not all genesis are created equal for vapor and flavor and I love my kayfun and i really like drippers
but a properly set up mesh wick in the right geni simple rules them all in regards to flavor and vapor for me

P9080114.jpg
P2180040.jpg

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I started out with the IGO L and then tried the IGO W. They are just dripping atomizers and the only difference is on the W there are holes in the post where on the L you wrap it around the screws. I find (Oddly enough) that I can do the IGO L easier. I use 30 guage kanthal on a doubled over wick. About 4 wraps give me about 1.6 ohms which I am happy with.

They are wonderful for at home use. I don't use any of my other devices anymore at the house. I can fit like 12 drops in it and last me for over 45 minutes. And then you can easily change to a new flavor.

I just got the IGO T. Which has the slotted posts for terminating wires, which I truly love. If you don't fully retract the screw, it can be tricky to get the wire in the post slot.

In any case, I do love the dripping from that RDA. Sometimes, you just want 20 puffs of a flavor.

When you do, this is clearly the way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread