My hands are stiff, bottle question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazr

Aug 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
I think my e-liq tastes better staying in glass bottles but...

I usually have mutiple flavors in rotation daily and I need to put in plastic bottles for on the go. Problem I have found with smalle plastic bottles is that you can't get it all out OR the bottle is hard to squeeze.

I really like the bottles that coil glaze uses, super squishy and tall/slender, zero leaks! I'e started a collection of them. But I just read all plastics aren't created equal even in the vaping world.

I do not know the "quality/type of bottle they use, do not know how many times I can safely reuse them. I realize vaping is harm reduction and certain plastics shouldn't be used in the microwave.... I' just looking for either a slender glass bottle or plastic one that can be reused for prolonged periods of time.

My hands need easy squeeze. Any suggestions?

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York

I usually have mutiple flavors in rotation daily and I need to put in plastic bottles for on the go. Problem I have found with smalle plastic bottles is that you can't get it all out OR the bottle is hard to squeeze.

I really like the bottles that Coil Glaze uses, super squishy and tall/slender, zero leaks! I'e started a collection of them. But I just read all plastics aren't created equal even in the vaping world.

I do not know the "quality/type of bottle they use, do not know how many times I can safely reuse them. I realize vaping is harm reduction and certain plastics shouldn't be used in the microwave.... I' just looking for either a slender glass bottle or plastic one that can be reused for prolonged periods of time.

I use LDPE bottles for on the go. They are relatively soft, and were recommended to me years ago as safe for eliquid. I haven't done any bottle research lately, so that may have changed. LDPE is often used in the food service industry, so hopefully that should mean it is still somewhat safe for juice.

Something like this Unicorn bottle might be what you are looking for:
Unicorn Bottles

There are other sources for these bottles. I just linked that one as an example, although that price is not bad.

I looked at the Coil Glaze website. I've never ordered their juice, but they appear to be the clear plastic bottle of the same style Unicorn bottle. The clear plastic is usually PET, which is a much stiffer bottle than the LDPE.

I hope that helps.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

I really like the bottles that Coil Glaze uses, super squishy and tall/slender, zero leaks! I'e started a collection of them. But I just read all plastics aren't created equal even in the vaping world.

I have re-used my ldpe bottles since I have begun mixing my own juice. Never had one wear out but it if started to look older/worn then I would pitch it. All food safe plastic should have a number on the bottom of the bottle to help tell you what type of plastic it is and how to recycle it. Hope this helps.

:)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Yep; I'm another one who likes LDPE. It is soft, easy to squeeze, and rinses well. I usually just rinse with hot tap water and it is good to go. It doesn't seem to react to flavor concentrate chemicals and odors don't tend to linger.

I have purchased LDPE unicorn bottles from OSDIYS (15 & 30mL), and Bull City Flavors (30 & 60mL). If you need larger quantities; Dropper Bottles (15, 30, & 60mL) sells in lots of 100 at good prices. They have been willing to permit mixing and matching (of different sizes) to make up the 100 count; you just pay at the most expensive 100/ct price. Just shoot them an email, before placing your order, for directions.

PET bottles are the stiffer. crystal clear bottles, which I find harder to squeeze. These are also the bottles that are often recommended to not be used more than once.

The only down side to LDPE is that the low density (LD) is more permeable to air. So they are not the best choice for long term (months) storage.

HDPE (high density) is less permeable, but is stiffer/harder to squeeze, often opaque (difficult to see your liquid), and not as common/popular(?) (due to higher cost?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread