Status
Not open for further replies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Yeah, well you SUCK!!! Going on 20yrs now, I love her, but some days!!! If you see me, yeah, just kill me, don't ask, don't think, just do it, OK?
Really, I do love my wife, I wouldn't be half the man I am without her! She's lived through more crap with me than any person should have to! She's my rock, and continues to be. But there are days, like today, well.................

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
+1 on the Provari. I recently did bite the bullet and ordered a Provari Mini after my LT2.0 went nuts and the button became very sporadic. Whole day on a single 18490 @ 12 watts continuous? Hell yes.

20121117_165207_HDR.jpg

Provari Mini w/ 3ml Cobra rba filled with IKV RY4.

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The best vaping PV I got is a variable I made a long time ago. It has 2 14500 batteries. It is broken all to heck from being dropped 200 times, got a capacitor off of an old mobo after the other one broke off from a fall. It is held together with tape and rubber bands but it has the best vaping. It was in the shop for about 6 mo. because I was going to make another box (the third one) for it but never got around to it. I picked it up Thursday while in the shop and started using it again.
t1813.gif

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I'm kicking around the idea of the Madvapes box kit, build one or two and play with them to see what I can and can tweak, then just get me a chunk of Titanium and go to local machine shop and lock myself in for a couple of days! Might not have the fancy circuitry of the Provari, but should be as durable!
I like to Provari, but two bills is a BIG stretch for me right now, I'll have to think about it some more.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
What's up Sawlight been a long time since I've seen u on here anyways I got a BP,Vmax,VV boxes and the MaxiRoughstack...and like them all.I know u want a VV but it is hard to beat the RS for durability and cost and can use it with about any configuration.Only negative where the switch is located but a powerhouse and durable and have had mine for over 2 yrs and had to replace the switch once.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Hey Dale! Yeah, it's been a long while! I've had some "issues" come up, to say the least! I took a break and went back to the cancer sticks for a while trying to get some other things sorted out.
The switch is a deal breaker for me on the Roughstack, I've gotten lazy, I love me some tanks! But not the Vivi Nova yet, GRRRRR!!!!!! Still playing with them trying to get them right, but the carto tanks are the BOMB!!
I saw this "Gripper" at Madvapes Gripper and love the idea of it, small, light, should fit in a pocket nice, but got to run a carto in it! I don't think it would take a tank even with the extension, I don't think you could hit the switch?
I LIKE the idea of VV, but I'm not totally sold on it completely, as you know, durability is the key factor for me! And with all the LR stuff out now you can do a lot more with less. Then Issac is trying to sell me on dripping, he says once I go I06 I'll never go back!:laugh:

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Yeah I love me some carto tanks as well and I like the VN when I don't have to mess with it:(..I live near Madvapes and use to go by warehouse all the time and have brick and mortar now too and have seen the gripper and while it is a nice little mod for the money don't know how durable it would be.As far as the RS u can use 1 shorty ext. with the smaller tanks and it clears the switch and 2 for the bigger ones.I drip while at home alot.Glad to see your back on track and can't believe its been 3 yrs for me off cigs last month.Good hearing from u again,Dale

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I'm kicking around the idea of the Madvapes box kit, build one or two and play with them to see what I can and can tweak, then just get me a chunk of Titanium and go to local machine shop and lock myself in for a couple of days! Might not have the fancy circuitry of the Provari, but should be as durable!
I like to Provari, but two bills is a BIG stretch for me right now, I'll have to think about it some more.

The thing I don't like about the Provari is it boosts 3.7 volts to whatever you set it at. Reminds me of those 110volt converters for 12volt cars. Doesn't perform as well as a buck or PWM. That's why I like the Buzz. It takes 7.4 volts and reduces it to where you set it. Much better performance.
Besides, like you, two bills are too much dough for a PV.

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Yeah I love me some carto tanks as well and I like the VN when I don't have to mess with it:(..I live near Madvapes and use to go by warehouse all the time and have brick and mortar now too and have seen the gripper and while it is a nice little mod for the money don't know how durable it would be.As far as the RS u can use 1 shorty ext. with the smaller tanks and it clears the switch and 2 for the bigger ones.I drip while at home alot.Glad to see your back on track and can't believe its been 3 yrs for me off cigs last month.Good hearing from u again,Dale

I'm such an idiot, Dale! I'm so sorry I missed this! It hit me in the middle of the night last night I'd over looked to congratulate you for 3 years! That is huge! Good for you!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
You are most welcome, Dale! You have earned it!

Well Holy F#$@! "She who must be obeyed" was in a giving mood this evening! Even with me having most of the cash, she "let" me order a Provari mini! That was the big killer on the BP, I like the form factor of my BB, and the mini is all but there! I'm sitting here about to crap my pants! This is a HUGE purchase in my world! Man do I hope this thing lives up to what it's supposed to be! I'll never be able to live it down, as well as being in the dog house for a LONG time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread