My hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarylLena

Jul 27, 2019
This is my hello. I started with vape to quit smoking and am new to it. I'm very basic and probably always going to keep it simple. I tend to buy low nic, straight flavors (E.g. plain 'cantaloupe' or 'cucumber') and mix to my personal taste. I will never be into fancy gear, etc, but in my research I've searched this forum often for advice. I thought I'd finally join because you all have the best answers to the questions I have had so far. Occasionally I'd like to ask something specific, so here I am. Eventually I know I will want a new device, I am searching for certain flavors, etc, and I believe this is the place to ask.

thanks for all of the assistance you have already given me behind the scenes.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Greetings and salutations!
MDlYnWQ.gif

KarylLena

Jul 27, 2019
Really love your sable btw. I can't tell from the photo but is she/he a GS or a Belgian Malinois???

she is a Dutch Shepherd and the love of my life. They are brindle. Lena was K9. I am shepherds & working breeds all the way - the Belgians being my breed of choice, with the Dutch as my favorite. I also have great danes, they are great house dogs and super sweet, but I'm a shepherd woman.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
she is a Dutch Shepherd and the love of my life. They are brindle. Lena was K9. I am shepherds & working breeds all the way - the Belgians being my breed of choice, with the Dutch as my favorite. I also have great danes, they are great house dogs and super sweet, but I'm a shepherd woman.
... so actually a Shepard? As in you have sheep? (I understand Shepard dogs also work well for small herds of children)

Reactions: stols001

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Thank you... Lena is gorgeous. I couldn't tell from your photo if she was brindle or sable. I am a shepherd person as well and have had them in my life since I was a little kid. My current GS's sire was a K9 officer but forced into early retirement due to injury on the job. Working breeds, yes, 100% here too.

Our last GS was a therapy dog (also BH, SchH1, SchH2, SchH3 2 times) who we used to take around to our local hospitals, children's hospital, VA center and many other places. It was much fun bringing smiles and happiness to the people who needed it. Hogan (sable 100% German)...
P6120103.jpg

Anyhow welcome again, thanks for sharing and I do hope you "eventually" find that next device and flavors you are looking for. You'll find folks here very helpful.
Cheers!!! :)

KarylLena

Jul 27, 2019
... so actually a Shepard? As in you have sheep? (I understand Shepard dogs also work well for small herds of children)

we herd sheep, goats, geese, cows, horses, even llamas. Small children too. She herds the couch if I move a throw pillow. Mostly she incessantly herds me. We've done flyball, SAR, dock diving, agility and she is Schutzhund II... I wouldn't take her to III because she is protective aggressive and I had enough of protection training. But that's a dog topic. I could get quite distracted there. :)

I envy your therapy work. Lena was taken from a k9 unit where she was isolation trained - long story, but she hates adults. She's in control, but I don't push her. Loves children to the ends of the earth, but she is too aggressive for therapy. Your kid is stunning.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thank you.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Of course a personal unique reply is always appreciated,responding to each reply can be daunting. If you choose, you can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon,or other icons, at bottom right hand corner of this post. Just run you mouse pointer over each symbol for printed description of this frame/post,this action will notify the respondent of your following response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread