My homemade squonker. Opinions and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

I am not looking to produce these for sale, but I had the parts lying around so I ordered a bottom feeding kit from Fat Daddy Vapes to see if I like squonking before looking into purchasing the much more "finished" Reo Grande. This is an unregulated Hammond 1590g boxmod with a MOSFET and bottom-feeding kit/FDV 510. This has all solid copper wiring with silver solder at the joints.

Please tell me what you think, and also let me know if there is anything I could have done better. Thanks!

P.S. Has anyone swapped out a Zenith v2 center post for a BF version? I have one coming in, but I have never played with center posts. Is this an easy process? Can I swap posts back if I ever need to?

squonk1.jpg
squonk2.jpg

Last edited:

jchisholm

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2014
Nova Scotia
Hey guys.

I am not looking to produce these for sale, but I had the parts lying around so I ordered a bottom feeding kit from Fat Daddy Vapes to see if I like squonking before looking into purchasing the much more "finished" Reo Grande. This is an unregulated Hammond 1590g boxmod with a MOSFET and bottom-feeding kit/FDV 510. This has all solid copper wiring with silver solder at the joints.

Please tell me what you think, and also let me know if there is anything I could have done better. Thanks!

P.S. Has anyone swapped out a Zenith v2 center post for a BF version? I have one coming in, but I have never played with center posts. Is this an easy process? Can I swap posts back if I ever need to?

View attachment 379813
View attachment 379814

Awesome, I built the same thing only I squeezed in a dual 18650 and a voltmeter!
Nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread