MY IPV4S NIGHTMARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman1977

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
New Jersey
I ordered one of these through MVS a few weeks ago. Opened it up and loaded batteries in. the resistance jumped around like crazy on it. Tried different atties, different batteries but it still kept doing it. All my other mods work with my tanks so I know it wasn't my tanks. It was jumping form .5 all the up to .8 sometimes and it was completely unusable. MVS said they will exchange it so I shipped it back to them and finally got the new one yesterday. Open it up and I get the same crap. Resistance is all over the place.

MVS said the first one was an issue with the contact pin. What are the chances of getting 2 devices with the same problem? I'll never buy another Pioneer product again.

Any one else have these kinds of problems with these things?

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Bad day cowboy? I get it, you're upset and the two outta two, man that is bad luck. I've only owned 2 Pioneer products and they both did, and still do, work perfect. Sorry to hear about this. At least the vendor is being stand up and replacing the unit.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
This honestly isn't surprising. The IPV4 has been known as nothing but trouble for months on this forum and even among my fellow reviewers. P4U has good products, just not the IPV4...

And the products I was referring to are the IPV mini 70W and the IPV D2, so maybe I should have reserved my comments.

Reactions: dbrandt01

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
And the products I was referring to are the IPV mini 70W and the IPV D2, so maybe I should have reserved my comments.

Didn't even see your comment when I put mine. I used to own the IPV3. It worked flawlessly for the months that I had used it. I've used the IPV Mini, never owned it, but the owner hasn't had a single problem either. For some reason the IPV4 and IPV4s seem to just be a ton of problems. I've had more problems with Joyetech than Pioneer.

bman1977

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
New Jersey
BMan, I'm glad you took my comment as intended (lol), once I re-read my post, I thought you might think I was trolling you.

Not at all. I had to come on here to vent. No one else in my life cares or understands. My wife doesn't understand my frustration. Lol. I knew people on here would "get it".

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Not at all. I had to come on here to vent. No one else in my life cares or understands. My wife doesn't understand my frustration. Lol. I knew people on here would "get it".

Actually, don't...................get it that is.

What other High End devices do you have Hands On experience with? I ask because, it is very rare to that that sort of issue, much less twice.

I have several IPV mods and none of them have ever given an erratic reading issue.

Did you clean the 510 connection with Alcohol to be sure of clean contact?

Are you running into this problem in Wattage or TC mode?

Some Models of the IPV TC line read live ohms resistance. i.e. the screen reading will increase during use in TC and decrease when fired from an idle interval.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

bman1977

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
New Jersey
Actually, don't...................get it that is.

What other High End devices do you have Hands On experience with? I ask because, it is very rare to that that sort of issue, much less twice.

I have several IPV mods and none of them have ever given an erratic reading issue.

Did you clean the 510 connection with Alcohol to be sure of clean contact?

Are you running into this problem in Wattage or TC mode?

Some Models of the IPV TC line read live ohms resistance. i.e. the screen reading will increase during use in TC and decrease when fired from an idle interval.

This is my first "high end" model.

I cleaned both my tanks connection and the mod with alcohol. And used various coils and tanks. All with the same issue.

Only wattage mode. I don't use TC mode.

The first one I sent back to MVS they said there was an issue with the contact pin. See below as submitted evidence. And a quick google search ( which I should have done before) reveals multiple problems with this same issue. I'm not just making this up. Do you think I like to return things?

From MVS:

Thank you for your response. Our RMA department has informed me that your device was deemed defective due to an issue with the contact pin. A new replacement has been issued. Provided below is the link to track your replacement. Thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I have the iPV4 with the S update. Never had a problem with it. When it's in either of the TC modes, the resistance will fluctuate a LOT if you reset it while the coil is hot, but the resistance in TC mode is supposed to. That's how the mod determines temp. In power mode I've seen fluctuations of up to .05 ohms, but that's normal when you chain vape like I do. Never seen it move 3/10 of an ohm though. I read somewhere (don't ask me where cuz I don't remember) that the folks whose charging boards shorted out saw something like that in the days or hours before it went kaput. It was the pin rubbing away at the insulation between itself and the charging board or something like that.

Reactions: bman1977

bman1977

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
New Jersey
I have the iPV4 with the S update. Never had a problem with it. When it's in either of the TC modes, the resistance will fluctuate a LOT if you reset it while the coil is hot, but the resistance in TC mode is supposed to. That's how the mod determines temp. In power mode I've seen fluctuations of up to .05 ohms, but that's normal when you chain vape like I do. Never seen it move 3/10 of an ohm though. I read somewhere (don't ask me where cuz I don't remember) that the folks whose charging boards shorted out saw something like that in the days or hours before it went kaput. It was the pin rubbing away at the insulation between itself and the charging board or something like that.

Yeah. I saw the same thing about the charging boards. After I had already bought it. Oh well

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
From MVS:

Thank you for your response. Our RMA department has informed me that your device was deemed defective due to an issue with the contact pin. A new replacement has been issued. Provided below is the link to track your replacement. Thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

Just a (Thought)comment on warranty replacements. Non-service centers simply Test - if warranted - and Exchange. They do not do Diagnostic disassembly.
Meaning a Canned excuse(not necessary) with replacement may simply be an assumption not an actual Fact, cause, reason for replacement.

The simplest manor of service is - Your device was received and replacement has been shipped.<<< That is all that truly matters.

* Any fluctuation of ohms, caused by the Mod itself, would likely be from a poor wire to 510 center pin connection.

Matty316

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
Hull, England
I've had my IPV4s for a couple of months now and I can't fault it in any way. It has been a fantastic mod for me and now is my favourite mod I own. I know the IPV4 had a lot of problems but as far as I can tell most of these have been sorted out with the 4s.
I honestly think you must have just had really bad luck with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread