My Itaste VTR finally arrived /personal observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
Finally both the VTR and 180S arrived yesterday. Overall I would just view the Itaste VTR with it's 6volt 15 watt ability as simply a way to push any 1.5 coil to maximum efficiency and cloud production. A true 1.0 coil could be the only thing better. A new VTR owner I'm betting will do what I did , you really have to keep twisting the case around to find out how you want to hold the unit and have the firing button feel comfortable without the feeling this lump of lead is about to pop out of your hand. Until my 1.5 I-30s clearo coils arrive I'm reserving judgement about the VTR included clearo .. so far I don't like it in the least and feel at 2.5 ohms it's more about taste than cloud ... since I lost all sense of taste 15 years ago I'm more into the nice tactile vision enjoyment of cloud which the 180 S should provide .... Basic smok 2 ml clearos with smok's basic stick like coils at 1.5 ohms beat the I30-s every time but in fairness the VTR included clearo is a 2.5 ohm with a slightly claustrophobic draw .... Careful if trying to observe the i30s wicks as removing the white rubber cap will draw with it shards of stringy wick .... contrary to how photos make the clearo wicks look thick and uniform conceiled inside the hole punched out 'shell' ,this is not the case and pulling out the rubber holding gasket will give you a fuzzy mess as if you had diassected an artichoke heart. As to the God 180S, I'm awaiting 3 strong IMR's and a Heracles .02 and .06 coil clearo to arrive ... if purchasing a God, I think remembering that 3 good quality 35 amp 18650's is about $30 and the need to have at least 6 or 9 paired batteries is important ... about $90 bucks more I hadn't considered .... Think I'll stand out on the corner and sell tiny little cello wrapped roses ....

If seriously thinking about an Itaste VTR with it's I30-s included clearo , It's best to consider that overall what you'll have is a handy digital face that I feel is truly accurate when compared to my other meter, a good battery level indicater, and operational results meaning taste and cloud, equal to any 1.5 ohm clearo perched on a twister 2200 pen style battery on steroids ...one that was one of the accidentally over 'tweaked ones' made at the factory. I'd recommend forgetting about the long adapter unless every clearo you want to use is really big in girth and order a small 510 to ego adapter to just screw into the bottom well of the VTR. I'd recommend ordering the smaller 1.5 ohm I30-s coils but that is just my own preference.

Last edited:

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Cut the ring off and grind off the internal portion of the ring. Very easy to do if you have a dremel. That will allow you to use an RBA on it. I use a 1.2ohm Kayfun on it at 15watts and it is back to being one of my favorite mods. It had been sitting in my drawer for a couple of months once I decided I did not want to use clearos anymore. Plan to buy another as mine is 1.5 years old.

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
Cut the ring off and grind off the internal portion of the ring. Very easy to do if you have a dremel. That will allow you to use an RBA on it. I use a 1.2ohm Kayfun on it at 15watts and it is back to being one of my favorite mods. It had been sitting in my drawer for a couple of months once I decided I did not want to use clearos anymore. Plan to buy another as mine is 1.5 years old.
OMG ian ! I applaud you and pile on heaps of credit ! Cutting the ring off and grinding down my brand new 'baby' is to this perfectionist like hanging a pair of fuzzy dice onto the mirror of a Rolls, lol! ... Do you really taste a difference at only .3 away from a normal 1.5 ohm coil ? I'd just sooner go to the 180 S if VTR cloud can't be reached ... But I do certainly regard you as a man who demands results and makes any means to an end !!

Reactions: thetrucker

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
I had a VTR along time ago it was nice at firat but got annoying because it wouldnt fire the other 19mm tanks I had. I also dont get 19mm in general, its such an odd size, 22mm would of been alot smarter. Also the VV mode is kind of stupid since it will go to .6 ohms but will only fire at 15watts max even though it should produce 60watts at 6v and .6ohms. Also my battery compartment got finicky and wouldnt read all batts.

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
I had a VTR along time ago it was nice at firat but got annoying because it wouldnt fire the other 19mm tanks I had. I also dont get 19mm in general, its such an odd size, 22mm would of been alot smarter. Also the VV mode is kind of stupid since it will go to .6 ohms but will only fire at 15watts max even though it should produce 60watts at 6v and .6ohms. Also my battery compartment got finicky and wouldnt read all batts.
You have me wondering a little bit ... The Itaste VTR doesn't do sub-ohming although perhaps it does read a sub ohm clearo ..I havn't tried to do that. At 15 watts max it simply pushes 1.5 ohms to a better maximum than even a good 2200 mah twister. I might be wrong here but an Itaste VTR at 15 watts max in my mind is hardly any different than using a 1.5 clearo atop a very ,very good 2200 pen type twister with just the added advantage of cheating upwards a bit on the watts and volts ... If it does more someone please correct me ...

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
The VTR actually readys down to .6ohms. The best tank you can get for it without having to mod it is the subtank Nano, of course you will have to use the 1.2 heads, but those are pretty nice at 15watts

Oh wow Juggler ! I certainly do thank you for those 2 pieces of news ! I never thought to run sub ohm on this thing. I'm getting a sub Nano then ... next paycheck that is ... many many thanks to you !

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I have had my VTR for almost 2 years and it is still going strong. Sometimes there is an issue reading batteries but that can be solved with a Q tip dipped in alcohol and lightly swabbed on the terminal inside the VTR and on the door. Then use a pencil (eraser end) to repeatedly push the battery pin in and out to loosen it. I use the I30S tanks with 1.5 heads and vape them at 15 watts. I may have to try a Nano tank on mine as well 1.2 at 15 watts sounds pretty sweet, but I am mod shopping for something 50 plus watts right now.

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
I have had my VTR for almost 2 years and it is still going strong. Sometimes there is an issue reading batteries but that can be solved with a Q tip dipped in alcohol and lightly swabbed on the terminal inside the VTR and on the door. Then use a pencil (eraser end) to repeatedly push the battery pin in and out to loosen it. I use the I30S tanks with 1.5 heads and vape them at 15 watts. I may have to try a Nano tank on mine as well 1.2 at 15 watts sounds pretty sweet, but I am mod shopping for something 50 plus watts right now.

Oh you got that 50 watt thing right ! ... The easiest shopping is for vapers that really decide exactly what type of vaping they really want to do before the first purchase of anything ... taste, cloud, stealth, warm, hot, etc ...

I have neither sense of taste nor smell but I still like nicotine and I want the best and most 'tactile' things to do to keep up the puttering around like we use to do with analogs ...

I want cloud, buttons to set, 5ml clearos, and long lasting battery groupings .... so for me my triple 18650 180-S, a Freemax Starre and a Herackles sub ohmers are just perfect to my needs ... I had a tough time though matching up a clearo for the VTR as I just simply hate that crazy I30s clearo they pack in with the VTR ... I finally settled on a Kanger mini protank 2 , and it puts out a nice but much more gentlemanly amount of cloud when i'm around people and relatives and dare not fire up the 'God' ....

Last edited:

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I have had my VTR 4 months now and still going strong. having fun showing it to people.
VTR_after.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread