My Kick is pretty much worthless...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc10mike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Using the Kick in my Grand with AW 18490's and 1.5 HH357 for the last few days. I have it turned up to the max. I know that using a 1.5 atty with 1 battery is already pushing the 10w Kick limit, but I figured it would be worth trying for the regulated output...

Not so much, I went through two 18490s in the time a 18650 took to die w/o the Kick, and I didnt notice any real difference with the regulation, it seemed to drop off as the day went by.

I now dont see any real advantage to the Kick in a Reo, because you are already sacrificing battery life by using it in the first place, and once you go to 2.5+ attys, turning up the voltage more will only decrease battery life more...

:(:(

(might be a like-new Kick w/2 AW IMR 18490s FS soon)

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
yeah the battery life is kind of a bummer especially with the flattop imr batteries from Nhaler I get better battery life with aw imr batteries but it's a bad fit because of the button top so it increases the fiddle factor. but my kicked grand is 1 of 5 VV mods I use in rotation so it not that much of a big deal and my Grand is getting used now where it wasn't before I got the kick

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
I was using a kick in a silver bullet and even with the extension to use 18650 batteries, it was blowing through them.

I had the kick set at 8 watts using a 2 ohm boge in a phiniac to test it and ended up going through two AW IMR 18650 2000mah batteries. If my ohms law is correct, that should only be 4 volts, so I wasn't boosting voltage at all. I then tried the same 8 watts with a 3 ohm boge in a phiniac (4.9 volts via ohms law, metered at 4.95 volts) and actually needed a third battery to make it through the day.

3 batteries to vape 3ml of liquid? Not for me, not when I was going through 3ml of liquid with a single fully charged AW IC 2200mah battery and reading ~3.8 volts at the end of the day.

Why post this in the Reo forum? I traded the kick for a Reo mini and I'm super excited to join the family after using the crap out of my 3.7 Old Goat. =D

Waho

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
See, I like the idea of the kick but wasn't the idea of the IMR's (especially the AW) to get a constant vape until the voltage bottomed? So, I'm not seen the advantage of the kick either unless others tell me differently.

The idea with IMR is they give a more constant vape ..... not a constant vape, the only way to to that is to boost the voltage as the voltage drops.

Wil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
www.awesomeclouds.com
I feel for you Wil my first one die in 10 mins but Brandon took care of it pretty fast I had it back in about a week after I sent it in

That's awesome... I've always heard they have great service, but it's the first Evolv product I've owned. The Darwin is just... goofy lookin... and it's not a feeder... and Robert didn't make it...

I just submitted a form... hope to get instructions shortly.

rc10mike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I havent used my Kick in a few days and I really dont see myself going back to it. The regulated output is nice, but I enjoy the extra battery life of the 18650's more. For my habits, a single 18650 will get me through the day, and the voltage drop off isnt really noticeable to me.

So here I sit with a barely used Kick, and two AW IMR 18490s with only 1 charge cycle on them that I may never use again...oh well...

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I plan on doing some in depth testing with my DMM later on. Ill be testing voltage output under load with and without Kick, and also using fully charged and used batteries to see if the Kick is really....kicking..

Hey, check this out I got this from another member, who is a batt expert.:

There is one battery that is actually much better then the AW IMR which is the callies custom Panasonic IMR .These are pretty much flat top batterys and have a higher current rating as well as being 2200mah so you will get more battery life out of them over AW IMR's as well . Heres a link

They are the grey/w blue on this page . Dont worry about the 1mm top . 1mm is basically a flat top
Callies Kustoms 3100mAh 18650 Panasonic Batteries

I am using the kicked Xhaler and I am having the same prob. So I am ordering these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread