My latest pocket mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradkb

Jul 20, 2011
UK
Hey all,

As posted on another forum, my Wife wanted a better mod, and I wanted one that was easier to pocket, and I had a couple of friends ask me to make them some as well, so I got a load of 3XAA boxes, some OKRs and a load of bits.

The biggest challenge was the switch, I wanted a tiny switch, comfy to press, no effort, but no missing, and I found a lovely tactile switch, it sticks out probably 3 mm, and using the control pin on the OKR, works fab. I have also made a couple using the madvapes domed tactile switch, which has a nice click to it. The small switch you can just about make out in the first photo, its the small grey button on front.

I made it so that the pot was on the inside, so to change volts you simply take off the back cover and turn the thumb knob.

2 X 14500 900mah batteries last me about a day and a half, which as a heavy vapor is quite good.

The atty connector is a 510 shorty with nut, and have sealed the top in hot glue, there is an LED in there, and a hole through to the top, so when its on there is a nice blue glow, not too bright to blind ya.

The voltage is adjustable from 3.3v to 6v and there is absolutely minimal voltage drop under load.

vvmodsmall1.jpg

vvmodsmall2.jpg

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Brad, no need for the gratuitous "nice mod"...this (to me anyway) is about as perfect as an everyday vv box mod gets...out of curiosity what resistance are you putting between the trigger pin and ground? I've built a number of OKR VV's (love em', about as small as reg's gets and run ice cold) but it seems like either I've got a real bad batch of 10K's or it's some real arbitrary value to work properly.

bradkb

Jul 20, 2011
UK
Thanks all, Quigsworth using a 10k resistor, because its the 6a version of the OKR, at first I forgot and put a 100k but the mod was on all the time, and I was scratching head, then remembered that the 6a requires 10k.

During the day, out and about, this is what I use now, instead of my all singing all dancing 18650 mod which has volt display etc, this is just much more pocketable, and doesnt look like a huge walkie talkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread