The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My mail man is an idiot!!!

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by TampaToker69, Jul 30, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TampaToker69

TampaToker69 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

NOOOOOOO!!!!

So I'm waiting on vapemail and was "patiently" <---(sarcasm) tracking a package of juice. I'm getting a bit low on my ADV.
    On my drive home yesterday, I checked the tracking on my iPhone. Delivery status: "Delivered". WOO HOO!!!! Opened up my
    mailbox and there's nothing there! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Where is it? This isn't the first time my inept postal driver has screwed
    up. Hopefully he just delivered it to the wrong house. My neighbors are usually cool when this happens, as it happens ALL THE
    EXPLETIVE time and they we as a community fix it ourselves. Why oh why are people just lazy at their jobs?

(smirk as I type this from my desk at work:headbang:)....

Come on man, just do your job and deliver items to the proper address. Really. This vapemail is more important than most everything on your truck... lol

2. mcol

mcol Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Missouri
    LOL - I hope you get it and soon. I ran into this when we lived in small town New Mexico.
    Hubby was born and raised there and his family was still there. UPS would leave packages
    for us as we were easier to deliver to than his other family members. UPS expected us to
    deliver the package to correct address. And I did for about 1 or 2 times, after that I called
    the office up and made them come back and get it, delaying the delivery by days. UPS driver
    was not happy with me, and UPS offices denied they did that. Whatever. Here in MO they're
    wonderful. So far.

3. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    Get bigger NUMBERS for you house :)

Perhaps a flashing neon sign? :D

4. gr1llmeacheese

gr1llmeacheese Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2013
    Aurora, IL, USA
    The day my Boba's and GJ were supposed to get here I checked the mailbox and saw only letters.

As a sane and reasonable man I did what any sane and reasonable man would do. Jumped in my car and chased him down, sure enough the computer thing they used had listed it as a second delivery so he was actually on his way back to my house when I caught up to him. Fortunately my mailman is pretty cool so he just laughed about it.

But seriously. Don't mess with a man's AVE order.

5. BlueMoods

BlueMoods Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2010
    USA - Arkansas
    I Had that happen twice, Solved now I have a huge mailbox (one that will hold the largest one rate box the USPS has, with numbers that cover the whole side of it on both sides - leave my vape mail here darn it. LOL Solved the problem, got a chuckle out of my mail carrier when I left her a not explaining why I moved the mailbox to allow for the larger one - I left her plenty of room to pull over and eat lunch in front of my house.

Now she uses my spot for her to double check her deliveries, and, gets my vape mail right. :)

6. gr1llmeacheese

gr1llmeacheese Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2013
    Aurora, IL, USA
    Haha mail has been here by 11:30 like clockwork so far this week. Today it is 4:30 and I haven't even seen his truck. :D

7. xtwosm0kesx

xtwosm0kesx Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Its scary what vape-mail can do to ya.

Was expecting 2 packages today that were "out for delivery", mail is always at my door by 2pm, arrived home to find only 1 package there.

Frantically checked the tracking, "Undeliverable as addressed", immediate panic. Was an e-bay/paypal purchase so rushed to investigate. Come to find out somehow i managed to switch my standard ship address with my old one from years ago.

Called USPS 800 #, ugh oversea's support, soldier on, got the info for closest branch that it would return to before being sent back to the sender, called the local branch and gave them my info. Bit later they called me back saying the mailman would redeliver it to me at the end of his route for the day.

I highly doubt a mailman has ever been thanked so many times for delivering something. :laugh:

8. Lexxon

Lexxon Full Member Verified Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Henderson, Nv
    My mail has been delivered to my neighbors many times, and my neighbors mail has been given to me many times. Me and my neighbors got together and decided to just put a 3x5 yellow sticky on the wrong mail stating: "please put in correct box" and place it back into our mail box. After about 3 or 4 times doing that our mail started ending up in the correct mail slot. We have a 24 slot mail box placed on our street, so I can see that it could be easy for the mail man (Person) to make a mistake.

For the last 2 months, no mistakes at all. Sometimes, instead of correcting the problem yourself you need to just allow the mail man to fix things lol

9. kamm

kamm Full Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Bay Area
    I've had stuff say "delivered" at like 1am.....WHAT!? Peeps are just lazy and scan it before they put it in there truck. Wish I had your neighbors though. One of mine opened up my package and went through it before setting in in front of our mailbox.........

10. ingerri

ingerri Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    NW Indiana
    we got new carrier a few months ago and he was so lazy he'd put one of those "pick up at post office" slips in my box instead of walking like 15ft to my door. 3rd time I went to post master and explained "not so nicely" isn't that his job, to deliver mail. he said yes and so sorry etc. did ask why I was upset and what I waiting for. I just said "personal supplies" he took that as medication and said he would talk to the carrier and told him that I had to have my package and do not make me wait for them, haven't had problem since LOL

11. droach3

droach3 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2013
    tx
    It is medicine!!

12. dre4runner

dre4runner Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Santa Clarita
    I hate it when your expecting vapemail and it has to be signed for and no one is home. Happened to me 2-3 times since I was at work and they deliver at around 10 or so. So I have to wait the following day to retrieve my mail.

13. ingerri

ingerri Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    NW Indiana
    that sucks! my kids are old enough to sign for mine now LOL...if I see "out for delivery" I tell them best be watching for mail around 2pm cause if I don't get my vapemail, im taking your computers LOL seems to work

14. Zipslack

Zipslack Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2013
    Wesson, MS, USA
    Hasn't happened with vape mail yet, but my name is Ken and my wife is Kathy. The house 0.1 mile from us is owned by a Ken and Kathy, but with different last name. We're quite used to re-delivering mail to each other. At least now we're smart enough to double check before we rip something open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.