The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My Mistake - newbie purchase

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Dlpsr, Jan 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dlpsr

Dlpsr Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    I bought a big bottle, 120ml of 6mg, Ripe VCT freebase, on user reviews. But the vanilla creamy taste is a bit sickenly sweet to me.

I've been using 50 VGod saltnic dry tobacco, just a slight hint of sweet. If I mix them do you think it will tone down the sweet stuff or just be junk?

I also have some VGod Cubano silver I could try mixing with it. Hate to mix it then have to throw it out. I wanted a tobacco taste to tone down the 50 to about 35 with just a hint, not a custard.

Dave

• Like Like x 1
  2. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Wouldn't hurt to try maybe 4 small 3ml batches. Though both juices are steeped you will need to let the mixes steep a few days. If nothing else you can use the sweet vanilla as a sweetener in other mixes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Been there, done that! I got a 100 ml bottle of Vapetasia Killer Kustard and at first I thought it was great. Strong sweet custard with lots of vanilla. Soon realized it was just too much... almost nauseating. Tried mixing some DIY fruit flavors with it... helped a little but still too much (and I really don't like overly sweet anyway) That was months ago... still have over half the bottle. others describe custards like that "cloying"... not sure what that means but it'a good way to describe it. Better to mix a "cream" with tobaccos... those strong custards will always overpower everything else.

• Like Like x 3
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I don't think it would hurt to TRY but I might start at a very low percentage (and yes, in small batches.)

I'm not a big tobacco person, I have no clue what will happen but sometimes flavors will just surprise you.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I'd test it first by tank mixing. I started with sweeter juices, and really couldn't stand them sweet after a while. Thought I'd have a go at nostalgia, and bought one of my first juices again, just because it smells so good- Cafe Racer Lucky .......- a tobacco, carmel, vanilla RY4 type juice. But it was way too sweet. So I tried adding just a couple of drops to a tank of my current NET, and now it's nice to have that touch of sweetness on-hand, for after meals or something.

So before mixing up a big batch of something that may not work, just add a couple of drops of VCT to your dry tobacco in a tank. You can play with the amount, and kind of guestimate from that to mix up a 5-10ml sample bottle.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.