My mom bought from smokefreeonline and didn't like it. Suggest a better one please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiisuchianu

Apr 25, 2011
USA
I've been trying to get my mom into e-cigs and one day a guy at the mall sold her on some, I was upset about it but happy she was interested. She bought this kit Smoke free electronic cigarette Starter Kit and says that it doesn't satisfy her cravings and the smoke isn't thick enough.

Can someone suggest the best e-cigarette for her? I guess the nicotine content should be a bit high to satisfy her cravings, the smoke a little thicker for realism, and hoping to save money in the long run over regular cigarettes. Most important is that she actually uses them, I want to save her health. Thank you :)

ditch.the.pack

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
I started with the Smoke Free. Wasn't a fan of the taste especially - it tasted like stale cigarette. :-/ I recommend to all my friends/acquaintances to get the KR808d-1 kit from AZsmokefree.com It's $36.99 plus $5 shipping, the customer service is fantastic, and it comes Priority Mail (I'm in PA and get orders 4 days after placing them - seller is in AZ).

She can buy blank cartomizers from him, also. Find the right juice and she'll be set! He also sells pre-filled cartomizers, if you want to just get her set on the equipment first, then introduce the idea of filling the cartomizers herself later. :)

Anyone I've had order one has been happy. I've officially quit almost 5 days ago, one friend quit a week and 4 days ago, another 3 have cut back considerably. One more is expecting his kit on Thursday after having tried mine and ordering it MINUTES later. :)

Tell her good luck! She definitely needs 24mg juice. I was a pack a day smoker, smoking Marlboro Milds (they're equivalent to Mediums, I'd say), and now vape fairly consistently through the day on 24mg. No cravings. LOVE IT. (Side note: the cartos that come with the kit I recommended are 18mg. He's out of 24mg pre-filled cartos, so you'll need to go elsewhere for those).

Links:
the kit: The Better Way To Smoke - KR808D-1 Electronic Cigarette Kit, White

(The Smoke Free cartos are 18mg if she bought the "high" nicotine one).

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
If you get a KR808D+1 I recommend a manual model - you can control your hit better and you would be less likely to kill batteries with leaked juice. See the KR808D-1 manual standard-size battery kit at LiteCigUSA.net (or the link above if they have manual) or the nicer colors at Vapor4Life.com. It is a 2-piece model and the most prefilled cartomizers are at Vapor4Life.com. However it's only really cost efficient if you add juice to the cartos.

And it can use blank cartomizers and any eliquid. If she wants a lot of vapor then I recommend the VG cartomizers at Vapor4Life. But there are not as many flavors in VG there. PG lets through more flavors and TH, VG makes more vapor

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I started with the Smoke Free. Wasn't a fan of the taste especially - it tasted like stale cigarette. :-/ I recommend to all my friends/acquaintances to get the KR808d-1 kit from AZsmokefree.com It's $36.99 plus $5 shipping, the customer service is fantastic, and it comes Priority Mail (I'm in PA and get orders 4 days after placing them - seller is in AZ).

She can buy blank cartomizers from him, also. Find the right juice and she'll be set! He also sells pre-filled cartomizers, if you want to just get her set on the equipment first, then introduce the idea of filling the cartomizers herself later. :)

Anyone I've had order one has been happy. I've officially quit almost 5 days ago, one friend quit a week and 4 days ago, another 3 have cut back considerably. One more is expecting his kit on Thursday after having tried mine and ordering it MINUTES later. :)

Tell her good luck! She definitely needs 24mg juice. I was a pack a day smoker, smoking Marlboro Milds (they're equivalent to Mediums, I'd say), and now vape fairly consistently through the day on 24mg. No cravings. LOVE IT. (Side note: the cartos that come with the kit I recommended are 18mg. He's out of 24mg pre-filled cartos, so you'll need to go elsewhere for those).

Links:
the kit: The Better Way To Smoke - KR808D-1 Electronic Cigarette Kit, White

(The Smoke Free cartos are 18mg if she bought the "high" nicotine one).

What sort of warranty to they offer on batteries? I looked on the site and couldn't find it. Only that you pay shipping and 20% restocking fee on open products.

ditch.the.pack

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Good question! I honestly don't know - based on my customer service experiences with him so far, I'd say he'd probably just replace it out of his own stock. He seems like the kind of guy who wants to make everyone happy. I've been considering wholesaling from him, so his warranty policy will definitely be something I need to learn about! Shoot him a message through his "contact" page. He usually responds within a couple hours.

I've heard Vapor4Life has more advanced technology for their KR808d-1s? Not sure if that's true. But to start out, if she's going to go with pre-filled, I think ordering the kit and pre-filled from them makes sense (saves on shipping). Not sure of their prices though - purely making that statement based on if the pricing is the same.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Prefilled cartomizers do not last very long if you don't add juice. Cartomizers hold more juice than carts used on a 3-piece ecig but cartos will singe if you vape them too dry. If you keep a carto damp you should be able to get 4-7 days use out of one.

And if you buy juices elsewhere I recommend 70pg/30vg or 50pg/50vg for a good balance of vapor, flavor, TH and a liquid already thin enough for cartomizers. Thick all-VG liquids may need to be thinned to be used in stuffing-type cartos.

No - as far as I know Vapor4Life does not have more advanced technology. You are just paying a bit extra for the nice colors which are their addition.

Last edited:

Chiisuchianu

Apr 25, 2011
USA
Thanks for the great info guys. Looks like I'll be getting the KR808D-1 for her. What does the manual version offer exactly? I'm not sure what it means to "control hits better."

Also, I'm kind of confused about the cartomizers. Are you guys recommending that I just buy juice and then re-fill the cartomizers it brings in the kit, when they run out, (with any miligrams or flavor) over and over forever? Never really used juice or anything like that.

MDuncan

Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
honestly I very much prefer JOYE eGo from Puresmoker.com its 49$ and i direct drip with a tip from superTmanufacturing
thicker smoke you'll want more VG% but 100% vg can eventually clog up your atomizer.
Keep in mind, Nicotine is NOT the only addictive substance in cigs, and ecig will not completely replace cigs at first.
It took me some will power to avoid analogues but that only lasted a few days.

Another important thing you gotta consider is your juice supplier.
I heard for people who like tobacco flavors love Halo juice. but i prefer fruity and generally order from tastyvapor

you should also always have a couple spare atomizers.

brian1g

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2010
Texas panhandle
Thanks for the great info guys. Looks like I'll be getting the KR808D-1 for her. What does the manual version offer exactly? I'm not sure what it means to "control hits better."

Also, I'm kind of confused about the cartomizers. Are you guys recommending that I just buy juice and then re-fill the cartomizers it brings in the kit, when they run out, (with any miligrams or flavor) over and over forever? Never really used juice or anything like that.

The manual battery had a button to press when you take a drag. With the auto batteries you have to take primer puffs before you get a good drag.

When you get a blank carto it has no nic juice in it and you must fill it with juice before you use it. Filling them is easy and only takes a minute or two (can be messy the first few times you do it lol). Blanks are the way to go imo.

A blank carto that you keep topped off should last a couple days before being discarded. Some people get 1-2 days on a single carto and some get a week or more. I keep a cheapy delrin drip tip on my cartos and add a couple drops every now and again so that they never run dry. This keeps from getting a burnt taste and increases the lifespan of the carto.

solar flare glass

Verified Member
Apr 15, 2011
Florida
I would say get the vapor king from vapor4life,with a manual battery. You can buy batteries in several sizes (the longer the battery=the longer it lasts). If money is an issue....you can buy their use charger for 8 bucks, and batteries as low as$ 12.50. By the way, they almost always have discount codes available. They are doing one for 28% off right now. Hope that helps.

Analog1990

Apr 17, 2011
CA
I recognize the advantages of a manual battery in terms of vapor control, etc...
But as a recent quitter, I do find enjoyment in the way an automatic battery emulates the old habit.
IMO that is half the battle.... giving it up, without really giving it up...

Only reason I interject that, is sometimes it just takes one silly little reason to revert back.

I found the stock cartomizers on an N-Joy (N-Pro) *barely* did the trick...
Puffing on them was hit or miss at times.

Last week I ordered some BOGE cartos, and i'm quite happy with them.
Bought them (along with my juices) at Liberty Flights (+1)

If your mom is finding that the effects are insufficient after a period of time,
Suggest that she needs to prepare accordingly, and pack a couple filled cartos...

In my continuing effort to quit smoking, I pack :
(2) batteries
(3) cartos
+ USB charger
for work in a neat little case.

If a carto starts to taper off.... I don't mess around... in goes a fresh one...
Once a battery dies, it gets plugged into the USB port to charge, & I switch to the fresh one.

I try to leave myself no excuses to spark up....
The first week or so, I packed a partial pack of analog (cigs) in my briefcase just in case...
This week, after getting everything sorted out... I haven't

Best of luck to your mom!

ditch.the.pack

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
I would say, at first, since she's completely new and not entirely sold on the concept of e-cigs, start with the pre-filled cartomizers. They are more expensive (AZ has them in 5 packs for $6 and change, some places as much as $15 for a 5 pack) until she's sure she likes it.

AFTER THAT, order a pack or two of blank cartomizers and try filling them with juice of her choice. I found, personally, that I thought I liked a certain pre-filled cartomizer, but once I found my Vanilla Custard juice from Nhaler, I'll never go back!

Filling is super easy, but for now - stick with the basics - prefilled cartomizers. If you make it too complicated too quickly, she's a lot more likely to revert back to the ease of opening a pack of cigs and just lighting up. By filling my own cartos, cost comes down to about $0.50 per "pack."

My mother is being very stubborn about the whole idea. She bought an e-cig (NOT the one I told her to! Grrr!) and is pissing and moaning that it's cheaper to just roll her own cigarettes and how she doesn't want to have to buy juice (and pay shipping) from a bunch of different places to find one she likes. She literally gave me a headache while talking to her on the phone. That has NEVER happened to me before! We'll see how that whole thing pans out... hopefully your mom is a bit more level headed than mine! lol

RobinFreemann

May 3, 2011
MD
I've been trying to get my mom into e-cigs and one day a guy at the mall sold her on some, I was upset about it but happy she was interested. She bought this kit Smoke free electronic cigarette Starter Kit and says that it doesn't satisfy her cravings and the smoke isn't thick enough.

Can someone suggest the best e-cigarette for her? I guess the nicotine content should be a bit high to satisfy her cravings, the smoke a little thicker for realism, and hoping to save money in the long run over regular cigarettes. Most important is that she actually uses them, I want to save her health. Thank you :)

Hello,
I work with this Ecig long time, your mom did an important step purchesing the Ecig. The next one is to edgast it. There are 2 kinds of refils and she has to try them both. Most people can work with it. One has to have the right guiding.
She already spent the money, so give it a seconed chance, it works.
Good Luck.
Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread