My nautilus broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I barely had the thing for maybe 3 weeks!
20141026_001655.jpg
Now I out 40 or so bucks and my tank :mad:
I threw out everything destroyed by the glass but I still have everything else for it. Is there somewhere I can go to get a replacement glass or should I just buy a whole new tank?

MissBlue

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2014
Lansdowne, PA, USA
i dunno, it DOES seem common for the Nautilus - i have seen numerous posts on FB and various other forums, not just here, just like this one - specifically about the Nautilus, replacing it with the stainless tank.... Seems to me there is something about this tank that's not stable and the mfr knows it, otherwise WHY is there this stainless tank that's so readily available, and so much said, so often, about having to replace the broken glass with the stainless?

On the other hand I've never seen any posts about Aerotanks breaking, or Protanks, or Anyvape Davides; I'm sure it may happen but seems very rare.

Last edited:

samturdo

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2014
keyes, ca, usa
i dunno, it DOES seem common for the Nautilus - i have seen numerous posts on FB and various other forums, not just here, just like this one - specifically about the Nautilus, replacing it with the stainless tank.... Seems to me there is something about this tank that's not stable and the mfr knows it, otherwise WHY is there this stainless tank that's so readily available, and so much said, so often, about having to replace the broken glass with the stainless?

On the other hand I've never seen any posts about Aerotanks breaking, or Protanks, or Anyvape Davides; I'm sure it may happen but seems very rare.

aerotank is much sturdier has a more cylindrical piece of glass and steel on top too

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
As soon as a got one and I saw the threading on the glass, I thought to myself that that could possibly be a problem. I dont know if its actually a problem, but it just seemed like a strange thing to do. I know how some people like to torque down their tanks. (A guy I work with couldnt figure out why he couldnt get his protank apart one day. I think he tightend up the base with a pair of pliers! )

Im not a tank user (nautilus, protank, etc) but I usually buy the new fangled "thing" just to try it out. I like having options for the Vapeocolypse.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
That rounded "corner" at the top is a perfect spot for a break. It's glass, soooo....
I bought the hollowed out sleeves for all of mine when I ordered the tanks, because my hands are wonky & I know i'm going to drop things, or knock them over. The hollowed out tanks look a little feminine & don't suit everyone, but the steel tanks work for anyone. Especially those in a harsher work environment. Aspire has done a great job of covering all the bases. And they are working on a new design for for that "t-window" tank.

zahzoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
AR, USA
www.myretrolounge.com
I always find threads like this entertaining... Yes, vaping is a whole new world!!

But common things like... the fragility of glass being dropped on hard surfaces is not new news. Earliest evidence of glass manufacturing in China dates back to about 1000 BC.. it was around this same period they discovered glass objects dropped on rocks breaks easily... ;)

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I always find threads like this entertaining... Yes, vaping is a whole new world!!

But common things like... the fragility of glass being dropped on hard surfaces is not new news. Earliest evidence of glass manufacturing in China dates back to about 1000 BC.. it was around this same period they discovered glass objects dropped on rocks breaks easily... ;)

You and me both are laughing at some if he previous comments

"It's a conspiracy by aspire"

Hey people, check yourself. It's glass !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread