The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My New Rig, Pt. 2

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Tunka, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tunka

Tunka Full Member

May 31, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I posted a thread "My New Rig" earlier. I'm adding this one to give my first impressions of the Smoktech SID VV/VW MOD I just bought. There are also some questions that I have that will become evident during the "review".

I've been messing with this thing for about 2 hours now. I'm using a iClear 16d (2.0 ohm), a CE4 wickless at 2.7 ohm, a CE4 single coil with wick at 3.6 ohm and an EVOD2 at 1.5 ohm. The Smoktech SID is running at 7.5w at 3.7 volts.

At the SID settings, the EVOD is making vape but, kinda thin. The CE4 wickless (Aspire) is hard to draw, running pretty warm and making about the same as the EVOD. The CE4 SC wick is producing copious clouds and delivering a cool hit. The iClear 16D is making clouds of vapor and delivering a cool nice hit.

I'm using Woody's chart to try setting the SID for best effect. If I use those settings as recommended for the EVOD there is anemic vapor production. His chart shows a 1.5 ohm EVOD set at 3.4v and 7.5w should be in the sweet spot. Nope. I raised the voltage a mere .3 to 3.7, left the watts set at 7.5 and got a nice cloud.

The other three are working fine at his settings. But, like I mentioned, the CE4 Aspire is drawing hard and running quite warm with medium vape. Dropping the volts back to 3.4 and leaving the watts at 7.5 helps with vaping but, it still draws hard. If I put the Aspire on my eGo 1000mAh it draws fine and runs cool and makes nice vape. Go figure. I had an un-opened CE4 Aspire wickless so, I opened it up, screwed it on, got a 3.0 ohm reading and did a dry hit. Hard draw, really hard. I don't recommend those clearomisers for this particular MOD at all. They're fine on my eGo.

I've also discovered that if there is no carto/clearo mounted on the SID the ohm reading is 9.9. I have a second EVOD2 that apparently is not contacting the center pin on the SID because it's showing 9.9. Also, if any tank is not seated firmly on the SID the ohm readings go up.

That's what I've found so far with my new Smoktech SID. I'll welcome any input, thoughts and suggestions any might have to offer.

Keep on Chuffin'!
    :vapor: PS: I'm going for the ProTank2 next.

2. tp4tissue

tp4tissue Full Member

Jun 15, 2014
    usa
  3. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    With all VV/VW APV's you are either in VV mode or VW mode, whichever you adjusted last is the mode you're vaping in.
    You can not adjust both V & W at the same time, it is one or the other.
    Hth.

4. Tunka

Tunka Full Member

May 31, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    And that, Sir, was one of my questions. :) tyvm. I shall try vaping the EVOD on wattage and see what happens. O7

5. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    I wouldn't pay any attention to charts, start off at a low power and work your way up until you find what you like.
    If you get a burnt taste turn it down. Using a delivery device with tiny amounts of wicking material be sure to allow enough time between vapes to allow the wicks to resaturate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.