Bcc vs. BDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunka

May 31, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I've been vaping now for almost three months. I've experimented with CE4, CE4 wickless, CE5, EVOD2 (both plastic and glass), a iClear 16D, a Kangertech Pro tank 3 with add on air flow regulator and a T3S BCC.

My mods are 2 eGo 1100 mAh non VV/VW batteries and a Smoktech SID using 18650 battery.

My juices are pretty straight forward tobacco flavored at 18mg. I have a cherry juice that's not so cherry, lol. I add menthol to ALL my tobacco juices to smooth out the hit a little. It works, for me.

I'm not going to go into which I prefer as it matters not to this question.

The question being, what is the difference between a BCC and a BDC other than one is single coil, the other dual?

I'm not a cloud chaser, I am an ex-smoker, thanks to e cigs and mods. My T3S makes wonderful clouds for me, delivers a full hit loaded with flavor. It is a BCC.
My Kanger PT3 makes wonderful clouds and delivers a full hit and great flavor. It is dual coil.

Personally? I see no appreciable difference other than the PT3 needs a higher wattage than the T3S. Oh, and the PT3 looks wicked bad on my SID.

Thought's and experienced voices on this will be profoundly appreciated!

Keep on Chuffin'! :vapor:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I have never vaped off a stock dual coil but have seen enough pics, videos and reviews that I'm not going to be in any hurry to get one.
Learn to rebuild those T3 heads and you can and will produce equal to or more vapor with a single coil than you can with a stock dual coil. I've been rebuilding my protanks for over a year now and could never use a stock head again. Rebuilding is the best vape asset I have. Dual coils use more power to fire rather than a single coil and IMO those stick batteries don't have the knards for dual coils and they aren't getting the proper vape that 18xxx series batteries provide.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I HAVE vaped both. On bdc's using the Protank 0-2 as an example of a BCC and a Kanger Aerotank as a BDC. You have a wider selection of wattage with a BDC. A PT BCC is good from 4-8 watts with out a throat hit or burnt taste. On an Aerotank you can go from 4-15 watts with out burning. The cons of a BDC is the heads are more expensive. The reason that BDC's have a wider wattage selection is that they have a dual coil and the wattage is distributed between two coils also you have more wicking. So when your using 15 watts your coils are only running 7.5 watts per coil. That is the diff. FYI I (payed it forward) on all but 2 of my single coil tanks and got adapters to use a dual coil on them. Everything i have now is or can be made dual coil. One thing bad about a dual coil run at 15watts is that you use your juice up quicker and you run the battery down quicker. Also the BDC heads are more expensive and say a Aeroank head is damn hard to rebuild if your into that sort of thing. The Protank 3 head is easy to rebuild. I also have an Aspire BDC Nautilus and i like that too it's just that the heads are expensive and hard to rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread